New Raft of Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 2 Preview Images

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche V2 - 5.jpg

Kuno Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto has released a nice batch of new images from the upcoming Porsche Volume Two DLC package due to release in just seven days time, featuring iconic machinery from the 1950's right the way through to Nico Hulkenburg's 2015 Le Mans winning 919 Hybrid LMP 1 machine.

Porsche Pack Volume 2 will contain seven new models across nine variations and will be released on Steam November 22nd for a retail price of £5.99.

Assetto Corsa Porsche V2.jpg

Porsche Volume 2 DLC Contents
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Porsche 718 Spyder RS
  • Porsche Cayman GT4
  • Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual Transmission
  • Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015
  • Porsche 911 GT1
  • Porsche 962c long tail
  • Porsche 962c short tail
It has not yet been announced by Kunos at this early stage what free Porsche model will be included with Volume Two. Stay tuned to find out...

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC now. Porsche Volume One DLC is available for PC with console to follow. Porsche Volume 2 will be released on November 22nd.

For more details on the upcoming Porsche DLC packs, check out our articles covering Volume Two and Volume Three.

Assetto Corsa Porsche V2 - 3.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We hold regular club and league racing events on our servers, open to premium members and suitable for all experience levels. Our downloads section hosts a number of mods for the game, and of course we have our Modding Discussion forum, a place where modders can discuss their W.I.P. projects and share modding advice. Head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum and take a look!

Assetto Corsa Porsche V2 - 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche V2 - 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche V2 - 6.jpg

Looking forward to Porsche Volume 2? Which car are you most anticipating? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Whilst i love driving racing cars, Assetto Corsa does something for me that no other sim does... Driving road cars on Racing circuits is simply amazing. I get so much enjoyment flying round a track in a road car and that's why i can't wait for the 718 Spyder.

I really wish Porsche would change their naming convention, impossible to figure out wtf is what. I should be able to walk into a dealership and say I want to buy a 911 GT3 and not be presented with 8 different cars, none of which are actually GT3 speced racers :rolleyes:
If you were buying a race prepped GT3 car to go racing I doubt you'd walk into a standard Porsche dealership to purchase one...

I'm expecting the 919 to be basically an F1 car with a roof. I'm pretty sure they aren't much slower than F1 cars in real world. I think a touch slower in the corners but a bit faster on the straights?

I was totally blown away by the Audi at Silverstone, it was so fast around Abbey Curve, much more so than the other two LMP1 entrants.

If you were buying a race prepped GT3 car to go racing I doubt you'd walk into a standard Porsche dealership to purchase one...

My point is that they shouldn't be using the GT3 moniker if the car is not a FIA GT3 speced car.
And as far as where you go to buy a GT3 race car, that depends on where you live and how Porsche deals with distribution. Here in Canada there are Porsche dealerships that fulfill competition orders (cup cars, GT cars, etc.)

My point is that they shouldn't be using the GT3 moniker if the car is not a FIA GT3 speced car.
And as far as where you go to buy a GT3 race car, that depends on where you live and how Porsche deals with distribution. Here in Canada there are Porsche dealerships that fulfill competition orders (cup cars, GT cars, etc.)

The thing is, they use the GT3 name since 99, the SRO GT3 spec is from 2005. Porsche used the GT1, GT2 and GT3 as homage to their GT1 911 Race car..

No problem mate. I'm from the uk originally and usually the customer race cars for most marque's are ordered through the race arm of the company. Pretty cool to be able to walk into a showroom and buy a race prepped car though ;)

Matt Leblanc speaks the truth about driving a driver's car, it's all about the experience, not the performance....that said, a performance car like this Porsche while keeping things "basic" must be an exceptional experience and inviting to improve one's driving skills. And then the uber Porsche steps in, which will be ours too, for the price of a Mars bar (if you divide the total cost between all Porsches)...enjoy

Matt Leblanc speaks the truth about driving a driver's car, it's all about the experience, not the performance....that said, a performance car like this Porsche while keeping things "basic" must be an exceptional experience and inviting to improve one's driving skills. And then the uber Porsche steps in, which will be ours too, for the price of a Mars bar (if you divide the total cost between all Porsches)...enjoy
That car will be the highlight for me in PP3. And in a perfect world, it would be alongside it's Grandfather, the 911 2.7 RS. :rolleyes:

- New Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche Cayman GT4 (street version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 911 GT3 RS (street 991 version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 718 Spyder RS60 1960 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 962C Short Tail 1985 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 962C Long Tail 1987 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 911 GT1-98 1998 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche Cayenne Turbo S (free bonus car)
- Improved Porsche 911 Carrera S electronics
- Improved Porsche 918 Spyder electronics
- V10 street tyres for BMW M4 and Corvette C7 Stingray for comparison reasons (v10 still beta)
- V10 street tyres performance improvements
- V10 tyres for McLaren F1 GTR
- V10 tyres for Mercedes C9
- Improved Porsche 917/30 physics with more accurate data from homologation papers.
- Corrected typos on Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport rear suspension toe link
- Added vertical wing ("fin") simulation in Porsche 917/30
- VR: now cockpit camera position is always on the driver eye position (this is overridden by the onboard camera settings)
- Fixed WBCAR_TOP_FRONT not being modified by RIM_OFFSET
- Fixed CX_MULT only using the last value in the INI for every compound
- Added BRAKE_DX_MOD parameter to have slip ratio vs FX curve different on the brake side
- Fixed some too low turbo volumes
- Improved FXX K downshift sound
- Added electronics tab in the car setup
- Fixed ERS energy deployment wasn't resetting in Hotlap mode
- Body work has now some flexibility when colliding with ground
- Improved tyre load formula
- Fixed Lock Controls penalty when player is AFK during race start
- Added brake pressure setup options for all cars
- Added vertical wings ("Fins") simulation
- Added Energy deployment limit from a single front MGU
- Added majorly IMO tyres temperature to shared memory
- Fixed Porsche Panamera wrong alignment setup options
- Fixed Lamborghini Miura long pitstop refueling time
- Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 long pitstop refueling time
- Fixed rear damping ratio in Car Engineer app
- Fixed Autoshifter shifting too early in race start
- python new functions and members
- getTrackLength()
- Fixed Default ABS/TC and current ABS/TC level not being synchronized
- Tyre explosion temperature is now configurable by modders by using the optional section in tyres.ini :
[EXPLOSION]
TEMPERATURE=350
- Gamepad can now use legacy code for vibrations and speed sensitivity by setting USE_LEGACY_CODE=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
- Enabled camera shake and g-force movements for OculusVR

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back