F1 2010 New PS3 player looking to go online

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello everyone. I actually bought F1 2010 close to the release date, but for some reason didn't really get into it at the time. Hearing about the new game coming out prompted me to have another go and I've been really enjoying playing the career mode the last few weeks or so.

I'd like to have a go at online racing, not having tried that before, but never really liked the idea of racing with random strangers who will probably just ram me off the road anyway. Not that I'm a particularly excellent driver, but I do at least take the time to try and learn the tracks and race fairly even against the AI. Anyway, then I found this place while googling F1 2010 and it seems the perfect solution, except...

Looking at the league links at the top of this forum it seems all the PS3 players have moved onto F1 2011, which is obviously understandable. But I've also heard that this is quite slow and buggy on the PS3 version, so I'm a bit reluctant to buy this just yet. Particularly as the only real reason would be for online play, as offline I've still got a lot to get out of 2010.

So really I'm just asking are there still any regular club or friendly races held for the PS3 version of 2010? I'm having trouble finding any mention of any on here. I'd really like to give it a go to see how it works and how I like the experience. Obviously if I enjoy it I would probably end up getting 2011 too so I can join in there, but I'd like to give it a go on 2010 first if it's possible.

Well I've had a few online games now just to try it out and it's much as I expected - people ramming me from behind every time I brake for a corner, people who very deliberately ram into you if you are overtaking them, people who dummy spit and quit the game the minute they lose the lead. Really not for me. Oh well, at least I got my "true gent" trophy which is something :) Shame I didn't get into this a year ago really...

Still looking f1 2010 players?

Hello Michael. I'm in a similar situation. Looking forward to buy f12011 but waiting til the bugs are not an issue like it was last year with 2010. Still want to play online? Count me in. I'm also tired of playing randomly with not real enjoyment. I'm not the best but like you said, I take my time to know the game and practice when it's possible. Also GT5 fan if your'e interested

Hi guys - although I've got F1 2011, I've only recently decided to make a concerted effort for the "Nifty 50" trophy on F1 2010 (I'm currently rank 33, but that's only a fifth of the way there, points-wise). If you would like some decent races with a view to racking up the online ranking points, then I'm very interested (PSN: "sotonric" by the way).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%