PC2 New Project CARS 2 Porsche 956/962 Images and Bio

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have showcased another car from Project CARS 2 - The iconic Porsche 956/962 Group C monster!

Most of us are now well aware that Porsche have pretty much thrown their historic exclusivity agreements out of the window and gone on a multi game, multi platform offensive in the past 12 months, with simulation racers the world over now fortunate enough to be enjoying the iconic German cars across a number of different simulations and motoring games as diverse as Forza Horizon 3 to Assetto Corsa, and Project CARS 2 isn't immune from pull of the motoring giants either.. adding a number of iconic models from across the ages to the upcoming Project CARS 2 title.

With a concentrated marketing push now in full swing, SMS have revealed a number of impressive images from one of the biggest hitting cars due to be added to the game... the stunning Porsche 956/962.

Looks good, sounds good and no doubt feels good too... check the images out below....

Project CARS 2 will release September 2017 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 4.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 5.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and chat regarding the upcoming second instalment of the best selling Project CARS franchise.

Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 6.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 7.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 8.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 9.jpg

Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Excited to see the 956/962 in game? Are you a fan of the 1980's Group C era? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
After the review from John from ISRTV I think i'll buy it, i really expect it to be very successful in the physics, I'm very disappointed with Kunos, even more after they sold the company and so far just one DLC and no tracks for almost a year, i gues.. hope pc2 became my main SIM so i can treat AC like i treat Automobilista..

Cars, screen shots, more cars, more screen shots.....oh come on please enough with the flooding of eye candy content. Any person can make themselves look the part, but you have to walk the walk, enough of the talk.

@Paul Jeffrey You hit the nail on the head "impressive screen shots" and well who cannot do that now a days, hmm, even celebs are using photoshop to make their ass look smoother, thigh's thinner, boobs bigger, making them look amazing.......

See Mr @Ian Bell never replied to my comment here?

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...railer-and-porsche.136784/page-2#post-2497786

I have seen 2 reviews from E3, and they both contradict each other, but what I liked is that they both got together and spoke about their opinions, and yep, hardware was to blame :rolleyes: but they both eventually agreed on something, the handling is shocking

Proof will be in the pudding I guess

Jordan Dion

Bluestar Racing
After the review from John from ISRTV I think i'll buy it, i really expect it to be very successful in the physics, I'm very disappointed with Kunos, even more after they sold the company and so far just one DLC and no tracks for almost a year, i gues.. hope pc2 became my main SIM so i can treat AC like i treat Automobilista..
the dlc of project car 1 was nor a big deal that said...
I will give a try if the review are 8.5 / 10 and more...

the dlc of project car 1 was nor a big deal that said...
I will give a try if the review are 8.5 / 10 and more...

Yup, PCARS1 was close to garbage compared to Assetto corsa, i never bought a DLC.. but i liked a lot the carreer mode, variety of cars and tracks and now they say pc2 will have around 5 cars from each class.

Maybe they learned from mistakes of the first game, definitely i'll just buy it after reading some reviews from RD users :)

We already have this in AC so what's the point... screenshots do nothing for me, they got me the first time and the game it's so boring I've played it about 17 hours since then (bought it on pre order, big mistake) only to test different cars and weather, but I never got satisfied with the physics at all.
I won't buy PC2, but I'll keep an eye on reviews, maybe they got it right this time.

R

ronniej

• ronniej

Cars, screen shots, more cars, more screen shots.....oh come on please enough with the flooding of eye candy content. Any person can make themselves look the part

Proof will be in the pudding I guess
+1

We already have this in AC so what's the point... screenshots do nothing for me
+1

I hope they made their physics properly this time.... :sneaky:
+1

Mr. Ian Bell stated the tyre model was completely re-written, but wouldn't answer the question of whether or not they were using the same physics engine...Have to wait and see. Hoping for the best.

Mr. Ian Bell stated the tyre model was completely re-written, but wouldn't answer the question of whether or not they were using the same physics engine...Have to wait and see. Hoping for the best.

It's been said many times that the tire model was NOT re-written. The tire model has been updated to support loose materials for rallycross. With that work, new modules were created to plug into the existing tire model which also enhance tarmac behavior as well (most importantly the behavior over and under the traction limit).

The physics engine, again, is the same. Enhanced in multiple areas over PC1 for all of the new capabilities but the same core system. In short, SMS believes in their direction and are continuing to refine it.

R

ronniej

• ronniej

It's been said many times that the tire model was NOT re-written. The tire model has been updated to support loose materials for rallycross. With that work, new modules were created to plug into the existing tire model which also enhance tarmac behavior as well (most importantly the behavior over and under the traction limit).

The physics engine, again, is the same. Enhanced in multiple areas over PC1 for all of the new capabilities but the same core system. In short, SMS believes in their direction and are continuing to refine it.
Well, I was just going by the thread in GT Planet where Mr. Bell responded..Posts #1988 thru #1992

"It's a completely new tyre model. There's not a line of any other engine's code in there"

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ead-coming-september-22nd-2017.342814/page-67

Well, I was just going by the thread in GT Planet where Mr. Bell responded..Posts #1988 thru #1992

"It's a completely new tyre model. There's not a line of any other engine's code in there"

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ead-coming-september-22nd-2017.342814/page-67

He's referring to the "SETA" tire model. He's commenting that SMS is not using any code from the ISI's engine for the tire model (or any other tire model). It's SMS's own tire model built from scratch:

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/inside-project-cars-seta-tire-model/

So you want a car to be exclusive to just 1 game? Besides, the 962 already existed in rFactor, so using this logic, would be pointless to be included in AC?
The AC version is a huge improvement from rFactor, I don't need to tell you that, so it makes sense (can't compare a game from an older generation).
PC2 so far looks to be more of the same we already have, until proven otherwise.

Nick Gregory

iRating is just a number
The AC version is a huge improvement from rFactor, I don't need to tell you that, so it makes sense (can't compare a game from an older generation).

:cautious:

PC2 so far looks to be more of the same we already have, until proven otherwise.

The stuff on the surface is far easier to show. The true improvements are in the physics, tire model, and AI, which were the 3 biggest problems with the first one apart from the bugs, From my experience, all of which has been fixed and improved.

R

ronniej

• ronniej

He's referring to the "SETA" tire model. He's commenting that SMS is not using any code from the ISI's engine for the tire model (or any other tire model). It's SMS's own tire model built from scratch:

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/inside-project-cars-seta-tire-model/

I appreciate you trying to clarify however, it's still clear as mud as he never specified that he wasn't using any code from ISI, he only stated it was a completely new tyre model (whether it was "SETA" or otherwise) and that there wasn't any code from another engine in the same sentence.....The only person who can clear it up would be Mr. Bell, and to be honest, I think it would be fantastic if it is in fact a new physics engine built from scratch. ( Is the physics engine in Pcars SMS's, or from isimotor2?)

Anywhoo, I understand everyone's skeptisism, as they did a great job (to their credit) marketing Pcars, but fell short in their promises. Perhaps they will make a point of crushing their critics and we all will benefit. I've been reading the Pcars 2 forums on Steam from time to time getting some feedback from the beta testers, and so far nothing mindblowing, but as others have mentioned, the final product will give us the answers.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000