PC2 New Project CARS 2 Images Showcase Range of Cars & Conditions

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Fuji Speedway 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios reveal latest batch of in game shots from the upcoming new Project CARS 2 racing simulation.

Many different news outlets have been working themselves up into a lather recently with various new sources of information releasing on the sequel to the hugely commercially successful Project CARS franchise, and now fans have something else to enjoy with several fresh images of some of the 170+ cars due to feature in the base release of Project CARS 2.

Although SMS have yet to reveal the full car list, we already have a good idea of many of the new vehicles that will either be making a franchise debut or carrying over from the previous release. Sadly the image reveals by SMS don't shed any light on to previous unknown cars included in the game, but we do get another set of nice shots showing varied machines from the likes of Aston Martin, Ford, Mercedes and Honda, in the form of the beautiful new road going NSX. As well as shining a light on some of the cars due to be included in the next title, we are also treated to several very impressive atmospheric shots of the Japanese Fuji Speedway, one of the more illustrious Japanese tracks and home to the Formula One World Championship on several occasions, most recently in 2008 in a race won by the then Renault driver Fernando Alonso. In total the Fuji Speedway has hosted thirteen Formula One Grand Prix and is currently used for a number of national and international class racing events.

We are keeping an up to date list of the revealed content for Project CARS 2 HERE. Check it out and leave a comment if you have any images not already covered.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of 2017.

Project CARS 2 Ginetta G57.jpg
Project CARS 2 McLaren.jpg
Project CARS 2 Ford Raptor.jpg

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Project CARS 2 Acura NSX 2.jpg Project CARS 2 Acura NSX 3.jpg Project CARS 2 Acura NSX.jpg Project CARS 2 Fuji Speedway.jpg Project CARS 2 Fuji Speedway 3.jpg Project CARS 2 Fuji Speedway 4.jpg

Do you like the new previews? Which already announced car are you most looking forward to trying? Do you think Project CARS 2 will be a successful title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You can't see physics in videos.
and i am not gonna buy PC2 based only on pics before i can grab a demo Too...
PC1 was advertised as a simulation and ended to be a simcad with many faults in the driving part (AI, physics, handling, FFB)...
Now PC2 is advertised again with Amazing pics and again "best simulation ever"...
I like simcades but if you advertise me a game as a simulator i PRETEND to have it...
This is Why for me the only good thing is graphics cause the driving part cannot be valued right now and the adverts from SMS are the same of the first PC that was not so simulating at the end...

Amazing, really amazing some people in here.
No clue about a thing, but derailing every thread with their nonsense "simcade blabla blub". Probably the Trump generation you can see there..
Just don't preorder the game, wait for the game to be released, try it, buy it if you like it, don't buy it if you don't like it, and be happy. But please, stop spamming every Pcars 2 thread...it's getting ridiculous

When pCars 1 previews were released the graphics looked really good compared to other racing games.
However currently I don't see how can hype train roll with such graphics. Yes, they are good compared to well known (relative old) PC sims like rF2, AC and etc.
However it's nothing spectacular compared to current generation racing games like Gran Turismo 7 which has high quality and most important photorealistic graphics (Forza Motorsport 6:Apex has also very good graphics but a bit more "vivid"):
http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads...80-gtsport_race_willow_springs_raceway_01.jpg
http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/g...2016/Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_08-17-16_067.jpg
http://static4.gamespot.com/uploads...-gtsport_race_nurburgring_nordschleife_02.jpg
http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads...-gtsport_race_nurburgring_nordschleife_01.jpg
http://static4.gamespot.com/uploads...gtsport_race_willow_springs_big_willow_03.jpg

Additionally we have GTR3 previews which look really good and photorealistic also.
pCars 2 graphics to me still seem to have pCars 1 style (lightning/reflections that doesn't seem very realistic, though the quality is good).

Last edited:
....Additionally we have GTR3 previews which look really good and photorealistic also.
pCars 2 graphics to me still seem to have pCars 1 style (lightning/reflections that doesn't seem very realistic, though the quality is good).
Not at all.
If you compare pCARS 2 shots with GTR3, you see a huge difference. Those GTR3 shots are still heavily WIP and the result is not photorealistic at all. The light, the shadows and so on. pCARS 2 wins easily. But surely GTR3 can improve a lot and we will see it in the near future for sure.

You're wrong also saying the pCARS 2 shots are nothing spectacular compared to other actual racing games.
Look better, the lighting system is really good. There's a huge improvement over pCARS1 and the shots look photorealistic as much as GT Sport if not better.

But that's my opinion ;)
Cheers

How can anyone judge anything from promo video's and pics have you ever watched a film trailer and thought wow must go and see that. Then when you watch it you realise the only good bits were in the story some might say bit like Project cars 1.

Well thing is we are all comparing P1 and P2 (pre release information) and either saying wow look at them crazy graphics or look how bad the physics are ... blah de blah.

Now we all know most games and sim's are no exception. seem to over promise and under deliver more often than not.

Seriously for a start we have no idea what the requirements will be to run this stuff and that's a biggy, alright their not saying what they are running but you can safely bet you'll need a state of the art graphics card, a mega powerfull CPU, a bucket load of ram and power supply big enough to power a small city to get a 1080p resolution so then there is no point in showing it.

Saying it's in game footage is equally pointless since you know they aren't going to give the job to some one who has no clue how to make this look as good as absolutely possible.

I prefer to stay sceptical but quietly optimistic when I watch these videos but the demo (if they release one) is where the pedal hits the metal and people have something to work with then the praise or slagging off can begin in earnest.

I feel it's like watching a new car advert on TV you sit there and see how this shiny new thing looks super cool and comes with a zillion features and will have you pulling hot girls or guys faster than you can say zoom...

But then reality bites the car model you can afford comes with a crapy single CD player, seats with the comfort level of a brick, and the only technology your getting is a cup holder and a mobile phone cradle.

It's an extra $25,000 for the model in the add but you can always dream well who knows to some it will be a good dream and others it will always be well may be next time it will ....

Didn't you read that Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborgini are going to be present in pCars 2 ?
About your choice of setup: driving any driving/racing simulator with a controller and then saying it's no good... ?
Agree that pCars physics need improvements, especially noticeable after driving in R3E, AMS and RF2, but that is something that is promised to be looked after too.
-----
And yes, pCars1 already had the best graphics (important IMO), weather, day/night cycle with real headlights (not just a partly illuminated view).
If they do improve physics and FFB settings (the FFB is really good if you invest the time needed to get it right) it will be recommendable. Only "downside" for me is that they seem to lean towards more road cars. From a marketing point of view probably right, but personally I'd like more race cars.
Hard to please everyone though. A lot of people seem to like the addition of ovals and dirt...I don't. Do I whine about it...no.
Wish people would stop bashing on things that are not even available yet and be a little less prejudiced...
You need to reread my post mate.
No I hadn't read that Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini would be in PC2 I've not seen that info anywhere nor any pictures. Must have missed it during one of my sober moments which are few and far between currently.

I said I received PC1 as a freebie. On Xbox One. And I am ENJOYING it. I didn't say anything negative about the physics at all. And it's hardly a choice. I'm stuck in a Hong Kong flat on business with an Xbox One. I'm not at home with my Sim rig. Big difference. I said if I had a choice... which I currently don't.
There just are issues with the AI. The fact that you can drive through other cars in the pits when it's on autopilot and game crashing when loading tracks. I'm not saying it's a bad game at all so you need to chill and stop being so emotional. People will voice opinions on what they know. This is what I know. If they can improve on this game that I'm currently playing and reviews are favourable then maybe I will get it on PC and then have the 'choice' to run it on my Sim Rig.
Ok?

Seriously for a start we have no idea what the requirements will be to run this stuff and that's a biggy, alright their not saying what they are running but you can safely bet you'll need a state of the art graphics card, a mega powerfull CPU, a bucket load of ram and power supply big enough to power a small city to get a 1080p resolution so then there is no point in showing it.
Seeing that PC1 is optimized very very good, a lot better then AC for example, noone has to fear that his rig can't run this game - well, unless you really have an outdated one, but then it is to be expected with every new game.
Although having a lot better graphics, i get around 40 FPS more in PC1 (maxed out) then i do in AC (maxed out and with Wagnums graphics mod). Since PC2 is running on the same engine, and those graphical enhancements are more in fidelity and settings, then in overall better AA, shaders etc, i hugely doubt that PC2 will lose 40 FPS on it's predecessor - which would put it's FPS to AC level....
And the graphics..well i think PC1 has already absolutely state of the art graphics, i would be happy with the same ones in PC2, when they enhance some other aspects of the game.

You need to reread my post mate.
No I hadn't read that Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini would be in PC2 I've not seen that info anywhere nor any pictures. Must have missed it during one of my sober moments which are few and far between currently.

I said I received PC1 as a freebie. On Xbox One. And I am ENJOYING it. I didn't say anything negative about the physics at all. And it's hardly a choice. I'm stuck in a Hong Kong flat on business with an Xbox One. I'm not at home with my Sim rig. Big difference. I said if I had a choice... which I currently don't.
There just are issues with the AI. The fact that you can drive through other cars in the pits when it's on autopilot and game crashing when loading tracks. I'm not saying it's a bad game at all so you need to chill and stop being so emotional. People will voice opinions on what they know. This is what I know. If they can improve on this game that I'm currently playing and reviews are favourable then maybe I will get it on PC and then have the 'choice' to run it on my Sim Rig.
Ok?
My bad, I should have added that I quoted you mainly for the added brands in pCars 2.
And since you did not say anything about your living situation, I could not have known about that.

I am one of the people who are probably most critical of these types of games. I can promise you this will be worth the hype.The realism is definitely there. I wasn't too impressed with Pcars 1, but with Pcars 2 its a different story. I use a Fanatec CS wheel, and P-Cars2 is awesome. The best part is it's not done yet.

As for hardware you need a decent rig with 8gb or ram or more, quad core cpu, R9-480, or GTX1060. I suggest way better, but anything less than this and the game will not give you the experience the game was intended to give. That will lead to one upset customer, so know this going in. I have a fury and getting about 58 fps with some things turned down or off.

Not at all.
If you compare pCARS 2 shots with GTR3, you see a huge difference. Those GTR3 shots are still heavily WIP and the result is not photorealistic at all. The light, the shadows and so on. pCARS 2 wins easily. But surely GTR3 can improve a lot and we will see it in the near future for sure.
You are correct it's WIP, however even if graphics don't come out photorealistic as Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport probably it still will look good quality wise considering the engine it will have.
Either way my main examples were Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport Apex.

You're wrong also saying the pCARS 2 shots are nothing spectacular compared to other actual racing games.
Look better, the lighting system is really good. There's a huge improvement over pCARS1 and the shots look photorealistic as much as GT Sport if not better.

But that's my opinion ;)
Cheers
"You are wrong" doesn't work with "my opinion". Just my opinion.

I didn't say graphics haven't improved. It obviously improved a lot, but the overall ambience/vibe to me looks like pCars 1 (e.g. colors and lightning), for me nothing to create hype one after I saw latest Gran Turismo or Forza , except for maybe the fact that usually better looking racing games only will be released on console instead of PC ( Gran Turismo 7).

Seeing that PC1 is optimized very very good, a lot better then AC for example, noone has to fear that his rig can't run this game - well, unless you really have an outdated one, but then it is to be expected with every new game...

Apart from us poor sods using an AMD graphics card where the performance is a joke compared to a Nvidia card. If this was AMD:s or the developer's fault I don't know - but I know that it isn't running any good on my R9 Nano compared to for example AC where the performance is in line with users of a comparable Nvidia card.

Apart from us poor sods using an AMD graphics card where the performance is a joke compared to a Nvidia card. If this was AMD:s or the developer's fault I don't know - but I know that it isn't running any good on my R9 Nano compared to for example AC where the performance is in line with users of a comparable Nvidia card.
Ok didn't know about that, that's a shame. Always was a big AMD fan, and have owned plenty of their cards, but the often bad optimization for games led me to my (first) gtx, and i won't never go back. I don't know the reason, but it's plenty of games that don't work properly with an AMD card. All of that doesn't mean that you should buy a new card, just to be clear. Only wanted to point out that Pcars is not the only game to suffer from poor AMD performance..which shouldn't be an excuse.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back