New Pope Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.
and can you show me the evidence of this?

Of course not it's only theory but in my mind way better theory than divine creation. I've not asked you to believe my views thus I have no need to prove you anything.

All in all scientists have much stroger case than believers imo.

People turn to God or Faith when they reach the limits of their understanding. "I can't figure out how or why this works...its a miracle, Praise Jesus!"

Neil Degrassi Tyson did a wonderful lecture on faith in science citing both ancient geniuses and their quest for knowledge and in most cases a surrender to a higher power when they reached a block, only to have said block solved by another aspiring young mind who hadn't given up to Religion until reaching his own limit. When I get time I'll find and post the video.

On the subject of the new Pope. First Jesuit in the papacy, first non European in 1000 years, should be interesting. Not sure why he referred to himself as Francis the first(numerical designation is given to the first only After a second Pope takes the same name. He's Pope Francis, he'll become Francis the first when a new pope chooses to become Francis the second.

Of course not it's only theory but in my mind way better theory than divine creation. I've not asked you to believe my views thus I have no need to prove you anything.

All in all scientists have much stroger case than believers imo.
its ok. my simple response to that is, "i think your wrong" imho. how's that?:cool:

People turn to God or Faith when they reach the limits of their understanding. "I can't figure out how or why this works...its a miracle, Praise Jesus!"

Neil Degrassi Tyson did a wonderful lecture on faith in science citing both ancient geniuses and their quest for knowledge and in most cases a surrender to a higher power when they reached a block, only to have said block solved by another aspiring young mind who hadn't given up to Religion until reaching his own limit. When I get time I'll find and post the video.

On the subject of the new Pope. First Jesuit in the papacy, first non European in 1000 years, should be interesting. Not sure why he referred to himself as Francis the first(numerical designation is given to the first only After a second Pope takes the same name. He's Pope Francis, he'll become Francis the first when a new pope chooses to become Francis the second.

i laugh when i read this thread because there are so many people trying to prove that there is no God and all religion is stupid silly etc.

i don't try to prove there is a god. it's all down to the individuals "beliefs". God or no God.

Ok, tell me if I'm wrong with this statement. NOBODY IN THIS FORUM CAN currently PROVE THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD OR PROVE THERE IS NO GOD.

if i am correct, why are people wasting their time trying to put the church down? to me every individual has a choice. either you believe or you don't. if you say people are brainwashed..i say, people can be brainwashed the other way just as much. `people are responsible for their own actions and beliefs. if people tell me that being a homosexual is normal, i'm going to form my own opinion. if the church tells people not to use condoms and you disagree with them? wear a condom. simples. you aren't going to stop the pope by posting on RD are you?really?:roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back