Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Thread starter Deleted member 243506
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 243506

• Deleted member 243506

Neil Shaw submitted a new resource:

New Plymouth - New Plymouth coast circuit made with Race Track Builder

use RTB to make a track from my home town New Plymouth, no custom or original xpack items , just all the free stuff i could download.
still lacks alot of details ,
AI works , up to 19 cars on track, no pit lane AI
one set of cameras
enough there to race on. happy with a three week effort over the holidays
Basically just abandoning it to the world , will move onto sumthing else

Read more about this resource...

• Deleted member 243506

3 weeks? Wow good job man.
Are you a 3D artist for a living? Or you just bought and messed with RTB?
just messing around with RTB to be honest. very glitchy program . sumthing to do after work type of deal

• Deleted member 243506

Looks great! But somehow i get a runtime error when done with loading. Any idea? Would love to test the track!
honestly no idea , made sure wen i uploaded to download and check it on my system again , might be one of the xpack items but that shouldnt effect it at ur end , sorry.

Had a few laps with the Ginetta around here. Very interesting road course and one that's in pretty good shape for a beta.

I'm glad to see other people using this software and making some interesting tracks. Thanks for sharing.

• Deleted member 243506

Neil Shaw updated New Plymouth (R.T.B.)Beta with a new update entry:

added pit lane ,still no pit lane AI

Added a race pit lane for 30 cars. still no pitlane AI ,cos u have to redo both fast lane and pit-lane ,and they seem very slow out of the pits,need more testing on that.
tidy up a few floating houses ,added sum new ones.a few new power poles(still not happy with them),smoothed the bumps coming into the town section
[new video] one on board lap , one camera lap and one looking rearward on board,Formula Renault 3.5(orsum mod) with 30 cars on track. AI at 97% ,100% damage
waz getting slowing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Here is the one from donnigton in the surfaces.ini in the data folder, think it might be this line IS_PITLANE=1
[SURFACE_3]
KEY=PITLANE
FRICTION=0.95
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.05
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

• Deleted member 243506

Here is the one from donnigton in the surfaces.ini in the data folder, think it might be this line IS_PITLANE=1
[SURFACE_3]
KEY=PITLANE
FRICTION=0.95
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.05
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

..ahh .. yeh i did think about pinching one from the mugello folder , but saw it had concrete and all the other stuff in it , so thought better of it , just no place to actually tell the cars this is the pitlane,u literally just make another part of the track
i will give it ago!.. thank you

• Deleted member 243506

Is there a reason why it doesn't charge the track in game (the same in practice and race)? My AC installation is 1.1.6 and I have many problems with new modified cars, but it's the first time that happens with a track. tx
..i dont really understand what u mean by 'charge' ,sorry about that. presume u mean load? , not sure ,another person had the same issue (runtime error) , the track is tested on the latest updated version of assetto corsa (currently 1.11.4 ) ,i make sure to download the one i upload and clean install to my assetto folder for each update. and all works well this end, i run windows 10 home with the latest nivida drivers ,
sorry i cant be more helpfull ,

• Deleted member 243506

Neil Shaw updated New Plymouth (R.T.B.)Beta with a new update entry:

0.35 .have got the pit-lane speed working as well as other surfaces up the back of the circuit working as grass so it kicks up dust etc wen u run off track ,thanks to Stephen Armstrong for pointing out the surfaces ini , a big help , re modelled the pit-lane ,had a lot of trouble with R.T.B ,getting a object reference error,ended up redoing the pit-lane 5x from scratch , and finally figured out it waz the pit fences,which i make combining 2 objects.and have them crossing or touching ,which...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oh, man... You don't know how much I love tracks like this!! :D I love road cars and this is perfectly suited for street car racing. Race cars will probably enjoy it too. :)

I know that this is still an early Beta version, but I just wanted to ask, since you said you're very new at this, will you be having a separate physics mesh for the road. So you can make the actual surface we drive on higher resolution and throw in little bumps and displacements but you don't actually see that mesh...you see the visible road mesh like it is now. I hope I'm making sense. If you know what I'm talking about, forgive me...I'm just curious because it does feel super smooth right now and it could definitely be an amazing road course if the surface is right.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Oh, btw...Nice job to the people who give this dude 2 stars and leave a comment like "Hurr durr...this is a Beta version at best... Needs major work, bro! Hurr Durr..." Oh, really, Einstein? Maybe that's why it's called BETA v0.3 and not Official 1.0!!! Ya think??? Oh, but I'm sure you'll be back with your hand out looking for each and every update. :rolleyes:

• Deleted member 243506

Oh, man... You don't know how much I love tracks like this!! :D I love road cars and this is perfectly suited for street car racing. Race cars will probably enjoy it too. :)

I know that this is still an early Beta version, but I just wanted to ask, since you said you're very new at this, will you be having a separate physics mesh for the road. So you can make the actual surface we drive on higher resolution and throw in little bumps and displacements but you don't actually see that mesh...you see the visible road mesh like it is now. I hope I'm making sense. If you know what I'm talking about, forgive me...I'm just curious because it does feel super smooth right now and it could definitely be an amazing road course if the surface is right.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Oh, btw...Nice job to the people who give this dude 2 stars and leave a comment like "Hurr durr...this is a Beta version at best... Needs major work, bro! Hurr Durr..." Oh, really, Einstein? Maybe that's why it's called BETA v0.3 and not Official 1.0!!! Ya think??? Oh, but I'm sure you'll be back with your hand out looking for each and every update. :rolleyes:

definitely.. all of the above.. learning all this as i go. agreed.. it is way to smooth for a real road and i can add bumps like the few that are already there , its actually on the next thing to learn .and also real textures ,cos the roads around here are a patchwork of colours :) . back at work now so it may slow down the updates .but plans are there .glad u enjoy it. will probably have to learn a program like blender or 3DsMax to really get into the details of.i seem to be at the limit of what i have now as RTB is crashing at every little thing i try to do now and ksEditor is limited to only how things perform ,not the building of them
Still learning. :D

Hey...No reason to rush it. This is your baby. We can all wait patiently, or tough luck for us. I do believe that you should try learning a bit of Blender or 3dsmax. I'm a 3dsmax guy. I've never even used Blender. My 3D modelling/animating skills are very poor at the moment as I never use 3dsmax anymore...Up until 2008 or so I was using it every single day.

You don't have to become a wizard in those programs, but enough to manipulate the objects/meshes of your track. I think Lilski has posted some tutorials in the modding forums here. Blender is free. 3dsmax isn't, but it is if you get a student copy, or if you do something that I probably shouldn't mention in here. :D

• Deleted member 243506

:sneaky:.. ...no.. i dont download... .:cautious: ilegally...

i do have blender.. honestly.. complete pain in the arse to use .why i waited for RTB to get a bit better.
the bones of the track are there now. from here its details. small and large :thumbsup:

..i dont really understand what u mean by 'charge' ,sorry about that. presume u mean load? , not sure ,another person had the same issue (runtime error) , the track is tested on the latest updated version of assetto corsa (currently 1.11.4 ) ,i make sure to download the one i upload and clean install to my assetto folder for each update. and all works well this end, i run windows 10 home with the latest nivida drivers ,
sorry i cant be more helpfull ,
Yes, i mean load the track, tx btw

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back