New physics exactly?

Msportdan

@Simberia
I'm interested exactly what is the new physics doing differently to the old physics. I tested the mustang and it felt good on par with the new cars. So I'm intrigued what exactly has changed. Please

yep, rubbercontact and weightshifting. AC does this pretty well - there was a quote from a driver somwhere around here, think he nailed it pretty much, especially roadcars....hard to judge dtm/gt3 cars, but most driver say those gt3 cars are indeed that stable what i've read.

yeah i wont lie the more i play RRe the more im getting dissapointed by the physics. It does still seem floaty and unconnected to the ground. The central pivot thing i think is quite obvious here in RRE.

Why dont they hire that niels guys... you would simply have the best race sim on the market!!! For me its just the physics that let this title down.

Mine is similar to @Peter Koch . I increased Vertical Load and turned down Understeer a bit but I dropped Steering Rack off completely.

I vary the Lateral Force depending on whether I am in a FWD or RWD as advised by @Georg Ortner in the sticky at the top of the forum. I still play about with it occasionally, but I'm pretty happy with the feel.

If you are driving a RWD car, then you might want to lower the lateral forces in the ffb menu a bit, and increase steering force + vertical load instead.
Once you will get to drive the FWD cars you will see though, why the default profiles have some lateral forces in there.

If you are not bothered by your wheel making a bit of noise (Logitech wheels in particular) then go ahead and set the smoothing to 0.

If you want to increase the feeling for oversteer etc. increase the steering force.
If you want to get more feedback from the road surface increase vertical load.

im afraid the Honda is the same connor jjust tried at zolder and had to go as low as 8 , and still had snap oversteer everywhere..!! The fwd in this I don't think are as well modelled as the rwd. but im starting to think these physics in this are probs the worse of the sims ive played. Maybe just behind AC.

sorry guys but the handling isn't grabbing me at the moment. Hence why ive asked what the new physics actually was?

I don't wanna sound a total idiot, i appreciate the effort here from S3...but I have really high hopes for this game and want this to excel.. it has everything so far to do this.

i think then your chasing a feeling and from doing that and with the cars setup your creating a car that you cant feel or drive , the honda is ace , i know where its going , i know how it slides , i know when im right on the limit
snap oversteer , is something that i dont get , unless i have a fail moment

sorry , but what physics has changed , basically they have played with numbers and how the game deals with numbers , lots of little tweaks , i have seen various incarnations of those little tweaks and although we arent perfect it is moving forward it is becoming more understandable , in my honest opinion , no game ; none gives me the feeling of a real car , but i can learn the game as it was a new car , knowing that when i do this -this happens , when i do that that happens , now this is the car , not some real life one ; if i wanted to see if this game truly modelled a car as in the real world then i would need to do this ;
one spend the day on a track i know destroying that car , driving it in every way possible to truley understand its power and its weight its feel its grip etc
then find somewhere with the worlds most accurate motion simulator and do the same ...
then and only then could i truly judge the physics ....
it aint going to happen , so

I take what there is and what it tells me through the sound and through the visuals , through the force and vibration etc , and i practice , i then know that this visual +this sound and feeling means this ; instead of trying to base it on an judgement based on an experience i havent had

Sorry for the long post but honestly , practice , learn what it teaches and stop comparing to something ...

Andi

On that long post I decided to do a adapting race at Bathurst with the adacs..with a new mindset!!!

Just finished I ill tell you now, it may not have the most realistic handling ever but what it did do was give me pure fun for 2 hours with the best ai ive ever played against. the fact 22 ai can go thru turn one at Bathurst without incidence more than once amazes me.

What a truly fun game/sim.

makes you feel like a race driver... Gsce may have the top physics, but at the end of the day were here to have fun and play video games (all sims are at the end of the day?!)

RRe has massive potential/...

come on lets see:-

better damage to engine etc (loss of performance)
custom championships
pits
rain would be nice?!

what a gem, shames it taken this much messing about to realise it. Sometimes hard doesn't always mean realstic!!

dan going to bed, my arms hurt !! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back