new physics applied to how many cars?

Msportdan

@Simberia
The new physics look promising good job. But will this be applied to only the new masters pack or will you have all cars in rre with these new tyres build?

Dan

I think it will be applied to all of the pre-existing GT3 cars i.e. ADAC GT 13/14 and the GTR3 spec cars. They are doing something similar tyre wise with the 2015 DTM cars which will also be applied to the pre-existing DTM cars (although just the tyre, they won't be balanced).

tbh as much as the new tyre physics etc sound good, im tad dissapointed that they wont update all their cars in the sim. Ive spent lots of money on cars which have just been left to die so to speak. All well and good all the GT cars having this but what about all the other floaty cars.

For me i still think RRe has a way to go before being alongside, AC GSCE & RF2.

But hey thats just my opinion and my dissapointment.

Give it time mate and all will come good I'm sure :)
Personally I actually really like the cars in R3E, yeah its not rF2 but for me it stands above such releases as AC, PCars and F1 games.. I'd even go as far as to say I prefer it as an 'overall' package that GSCE....:confused:

.. I'd even go as far as to say I prefer it as an 'overall' package that GSCE....:confused:

I'd agree in that assessment.
I still like GSCE a whole bunch (never was much of an rFactor guy), but there's something about the ease by which everything just works in R3E.
Plus, it's a bit more 'mainstream' (for lack of a better term) meaning more online opponents.
Even better, it means more opponents of varying skill-levels. Outright sims like GCSE and rF have a tendency to attract the hardcore simmers, usually with the lap-times to prove it.
I can usually find a club-race with someone at or around my skill-level in R3E, while that is much rarer in any other sim.
So while GSCE and Rf are inarguably better SIMS, I do think R3E is a better GAME.
(And whatever else can be said about R3E, you can't beat the sound in that thing. :D )

I'd agree in that assessment.
I still like GSCE a whole bunch (never was much of an rFactor guy), but there's something about the ease by which everything just works in R3E.
Plus, it's a bit more 'mainstream' (for lack of a better term) meaning more online opponents.
Even better, it means more opponents of varying skill-levels. Outright sims like GCSE and rF have a tendency to attract the hardcore simmers, usually with the lap-times to prove it.
I can usually find a club-race with someone at or around my skill-level in R3E, while that is much rarer in any other sim.
So while GSCE and Rf are inarguably better SIMS, I do think R3E is a better GAME.
(And whatever else can be said about R3E, you can't beat the sound in that thing. :D )

I cant quite argue with that statement to be honest?!

tbh as much as the new tyre physics etc sound good, im tad dissapointed that they wont update all their cars in the sim. Ive spent lots of money on cars which have just been left to die so to speak. All well and good all the GT cars having this but what about all the other floaty cars.

For me i still think RRe has a way to go before being alongside, AC GSCE & RF2.

But hey thats just my opinion and my dissapointment.

Has rfactor, gsc or ac ever updated all the car physics at once before? ......no, its always been a class or single stand alone or an overall ffb update.
What draws me to RRE and gsc is there focus on official series rules and tracks......something rf2 and AC don't have, sure you could create one with alot file tweaking and searching for half ass mods but I'd rather save the time and race official content by a dev team :)
Ya there's still features I'd love to see like day to night transition and track rubbering being my 2 main hopeful features......but time will tell.
What I would love the team to do is a dev stream updating what the engine can do since it's been almost 2 yrs since the last one which had alot grey areas and maybe's, possibly but we're not sure at this point comments.

Last edited:
says who? Associator..

and your opinion is credible because of what exactly.. ?

actually really i dont care for your answer, had enough of you rf2 fanboys.. most of these sims are very similar in physics, if you think one is far more superior than the rest using the same pc power, than you are not worthy arguing against.

good day,

Last edited:
says who? Associator..

actually really i dont care for your answer, had enough of you rf2 fanboys.. most of these sims are very similar in physics, if you think one is far more superior than the rest using the same pc power, than you are not worthy arguing against.

good day,

He's opinion is credible because he's actually one of the few people in this fine community who bothers to back up his claims using proper sources, instead of just screaming what his gut feeling tells him.

and heres his lapdog.. i see you liking all his posts that he cusses some other sim than rf2.
i thought you were enthusiasts of this hobby, obviously not... your the ISIS of the sim world.

Rf2 has physics issues too, low speed grip in its high downforce cars, etc...

its not perfect dont ever think that, they all have flaws. you should understand that.

says who? Associator..

Assetto Corsa modders
- wrong modeling of tire adherence vs vertical load
- physics engine unable to work with extreme spring/antiroll rates
- problematic behaviour on kerbs for cars with high suspension rates and reasonable tire damping ratios.

All this issues become more and more relevant for cars with high aero loads, low mass and stiff suspension...

And here some quotes from Virtua Simulazioni modders.
Well, i don't want to turn this thread into an OT :D

I was just defending a mod that i participated to :)

EDIT: well since avoletta answered, i will just paste what i was writing :D

I few words:
Modern openwheelers can be very stiff ... i mean extremly stiff, springs and ARBs (dampers as well)! and AC has an engine limitations that doesn't allow using high rates (causes weird bugs)!
Interactive aerodynamics physics is a must for an openwheeler, rear aero depends on what's happening at the front and the rear not only the rear! and vice versa (interaction between front wing and diffuser for example)
Tyre model is not well explained and needs more variables to be added, to get realistic grip and temperatures/pressure behaviour! it's more than enough for road cars and semislick tyres ... but, youcan't cook accurate slicks with it.

Lack of setup options possibilities in general.

AC physics feel incomplete when compared to GSCE or RF2.

FFB on AC gives way too much informations, that’s why the majority think “it feels better” or even worse “it has better physics”.

When you enter real data to RF2, it works like real life to some extent, it’s not the case for AC, you always have to use workarounds and substitute models :)

That is perfectly understandable, I’m just trying to make a bit of justice when people says that rF engine is dated, or inferior, etc without any solid facts other than their “feel”. But as gamers, we play whatever we enjoy the most, that’s clear.

Feel is something that can be fooled easily, numbers not so much :D

Ofcourse, because most of your mods are within kunos stiffness limits … try to do some modern f1 with ULTRA stiff heave springs (400 N/mm +) and come back to me, i will show you a nice workaround :)

And i will say it honestly, tyre model is weak and is very limited … and you used P4/5 tyres on your oreca, why havent you used your real life data then ?

The first workaround any modder in AC meets in BrakingTorque : you always have to reduce it because there is no thermal simulation that changesfriction coefficient and so on …

And some modder who works with real-life race teams and series.
I think the meaning of what I said is being misrepresented and misunderstood. When I said I don’t really feel the physics in AC to be of simulation value, I was comparing it to the way a racing driver and racing team and even vehicle manufacturers can use rF1 and rF2’s physics to develop their cars and their drivers in a way that provides accurate data which they can rely on to use at races.

To give you an example. All our race team clients and even our series clients, they don’t only use rFactor for track familiarization. They also use it to test setup data before they go to an event, they use it to test potential new part data, by developing new brakes or new engine performances and testing it in the game before they actually commit to building it in real life. rF1 and rF2 provide far higher accuracy for those things than any other simulation on the market. When it comes to AC, their game is marketed for a set audience which covers not only the Simulation side, but the Semi-Arcade side. When I drive rF1 or rF2, I’m always in a serious state of mind, I can’t just go out on the track and run a few laps. It is too simulation based and I treat it as such. I work on my setups, I push to find every tenth I can throughout a lap. I analyze too much. When I play AC, I can easily go in, pick a car and track, chill back and drive using my Xbox360 controller and not give a care. The physics seem very much like Forza Motorsport 5, a console game physics HOWEVER, Kunos has done a great job to mix the two styles of physics to provide more sense of simulation for the simulation fans, but cut down to the wire, rFactor 2’s physics engine is by far the most simulation based physics engine using real life aero and physical data that no other title has come close to,

@Associat0r - Very nice post that summarises nicely the points made above and gives some interesting information.... thank you for posting...

I feel that is a good way to end this topic... soooooo..
Please guys, lets finish the whole 'who has better physics' topic now, I don’t want to see this thread become another one of those 'x sim is better because...' ...plenty exist on the net so use those! :D:D

Thanks guys, let’s stay on topic (the new upcoming GT3 physics in R3E).
Cheers
Paul

While it is not known for sure what their plans are, it makes little sense to assume they will not apply any physics and tire updates to all cars sooner or later. Maybe it will need time to have the changes tickle down the cue line of cars, all classes. But I strongly assume that in the end all cars will get them. Just maybe not all at the same time.

The sim has improved because of the input from real world drivers. There is no disputing Kelvin and DTM drivers such as Spengler know what they're talking about although some will still claim R3E isn't a true sim.

The new tyre model advancements along with changes to aero and mechanical grip levels make for a much greater racing experience. AI is being improved too.

Much to look forward too very soon.

Can`t wait till they apply it to ADAC14 and DTM 92 .. I have this game on hold sice they updated (and messed for me) FFB and this new approach seems to be promising ... is there a time line when we will enjoy new tyres across car packs/experiences?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 283 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%