New PC for Race 07

I about to re-build my PC to get ready for the new games like GTR3 and Battlefield 3.
My question is if there are any known issues that I should be aware of with any brand of hardware that wouldn't run Race 07.

My current options seem to be either an i5-2400 or a Phenom 2 965 BE cpu with a Radeon 6670. Are there any issues with running Windows 7 64 bit as opposed to Windows 7 32 bit with Race 07?

I have also been wondering about the AMD A8 Llanos cpu, but the limited support for the combined cpu/gpu drivers scares me a bit. Is anybody using that setup with Race 07?

Can't answer all your questions, but I can tell you Race and GTR Evo both work fine with 64bit windows 7.

Further, if you buy a recent setup for your PC, it should be ok with Race.

I run it on:
AMD Athlon II X4 640 (quadcore)
4 Gb Memory
ATI Radeon 1600 512 Mb.
Both system and windows are 64bit.

I recommend a bigger memory for the graphic card though, but that 1Gb from the 6670 should be ok.....

Race 07 runs fine with Windows 7 64bit. It also will have no issues with either CPU that you mention. The only thing I have heard recently about Race 07 was that using an nVidia card some folks were getting some strange graphics issues, but not many and not frequently. My system currently uses the drivers that are installed from the GPU driver for both the GPU and the chipset on my motherboard with no issues as well so there shouldn't be any issues with that. Keep in mind that AMD owns ATI now so the drivers should be fine.

I about to re-build my PC to get ready for the new games like GTR3 and Battlefield 3.
My question is if there are any known issues that I should be aware of with any brand of hardware that wouldn't run Race 07.

My current options seem to be either an i5-2400 or a Phenom 2 965 BE cpu with a Radeon 6670. Are there any issues with running Windows 7 64 bit as opposed to Windows 7 32 bit with Race 07?

I have also been wondering about the AMD A8 Llanos cpu, but the limited support for the combined cpu/gpu drivers scares me a bit. Is anybody using that setup with Race 07?

Note that for battlefield 3, you'll have a very good computer...
Race 07, rfactor does not need a powerfull computer, GTS450 or equal graphic card will be good, and a dual or single core processor @ 2Ghz will be good too for the CPU part
But the next battlefield requirement will be more demanding: For the graphic part About a SLI of GTX580 for extrem preset, even if a GTX570 will allow you playing in good condition with medium preset. For the CPU an i7 2500K or 2600k will be a very good investisment :)

No problem on my setup at 1680x1050 resolution in my setup -

Core i5 750
4gb Ram
Win 7 x64
2xRadeon 5770 1GB in Crossfire (was also running fine with single 5770)

I agree with iceboys57 - Battlefield 3 will need a much more powerful PC compared to one that will run Race07, etc. However, it all depends on the resolution you want to run it at, resolution and how many of the effects you want to turn on. As always, it also depends on your budget!

OK guys, thanks for the help. It's a done deal now and here's what I built.

I5 2400 cpu
Gigabyte H67MA mb
Radeon 5770 GPU
8 gb Corsair (1333)
Win 7 Pro

I've always had some questions about Steam using cloud computing and worried about not having CD's. The re-install via Steam went much smoother than expected. Now If I could just find my FFB config file to edit it, I'd be a happy camper.

OK guys, thanks for the help. It's a done deal now and here's what I built.

I5 2400 cpu
Gigabyte H67MA mb
Radeon 5770 GPU
8 gb Corsair (1333)
Win 7 Pro

I've always had some questions about Steam using cloud computing and worried about not having CD's. The re-install via Steam went much smoother than expected. Now If I could just find my FFB config file to edit it, I'd be a happy camper.

Almost the same specs how is the PC doing you run race 07 on full graphics?? Just for interest what internet connection you have?? "SpeeD"

I drove an online session yesterday at 1920x1080 with all the Max and Very High settings that you get when selecting the highest graphics level in the game. Everything ran very smooth and the frame rate looked very good, although I forgot how to get the actual frame rate to be displayed in the Sim.

I was driving an SR4 @ Nordschleife and the detail was good enough to run a 7.04 lap time. Both cockpit and nose cam looked good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back