F1 2015 New Patches Across All Platforms Soon

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
F1_2015_Update.png

From jennyannem - Codemasters Community Manager - January 19th

Just thought I'd give you all an update: the Xbox One patch is now in at Microsoft for testing. The PC and PS4 patches are also being worked on, with an aim to get them both out as soon as the Xbox One patch has been released.

No patch notes available yet ........

Wish I could respond in a more positive way, but looking at the current condition of this game "after 11 PC patches", some no bigger than a "hot fix", I really don't expect anything out of Codemasters that will bring me back to it. Currently using F1 2013.

XBox 1 - Patch 3 Patch notes published. The patch has not been released and is still with Microsoft awaiting approval :-

As requested, here are the latest Xbox One patch notes for your perusal ahead of its release:

Sports Updates

• Updated the car model / livery for Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Force India, McLaren, Lotus and Manor.
  • Adjusted the relative performance of the teams and drivers based on the season’s results.
  • Updated the tyres for Russia to Super Soft and Soft.

General Bug Fixes & Improvements

• Added a Strict corner cutting rules option and made the strict rules even stricter than they were previously following community feedback.
  • Full practice is now available in Quick Race.
  • Corrected a problem with the corner cutting rules that could mean you get a penalty even if you run wide and lost time.
  • The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
  • AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time in qualifying sessions.
  • AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.
  • AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
  • The D-Pad menu is now more responsive.
  • Engine cooling in clean air has been improved to prevent unnecessary engine overheating.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
  • Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic AI lap times in practice and qualifying.
  • Fixed rain effects sometimes being present on a dry track after previously playing a wet session.
  • Fixed tyre compound being incorrectly shown as selected when loading a car setup at the start of a one-shot qualifying session.
  • Fixed the top leaderboard entry becoming corrupt after re-viewing the table.
  • Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix.
  • Removed the incorrect second DRS detection zone from the Mexico mini map.

Multiplayer Fixes & Improvements

• Improved chances of finding multiplayer hopper games.
  • Added additional information to lobbies so players can see how much progress has been made in the current session.
  • Fixed an issue where players would get their fuel locked to 100kg in qualifying sessions.
  • Fixed an issue where players who qualified outside the top ten would not be able to change their tyres at the start of a race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not change their tyres on the grid after completing an earlier OSQ session on the same track.
  • Fixed some framerate and lag spike issues that would cause incorrect car-to-car collisions.
  • Fixed a bug that meant connections with limited upload bandwidth would appear laggy while on track and eventually disconnect.
  • Fixed an issue where the race could be flagged as complete on the incorrect lap (including at the start of the race).
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a players car to always be ghosted during timed qualifying sessions.
  • Fixed a bug which made the screen pulse black when spectating specific cars in specific circumstances.
  • Made the hopper lobby countdown timer longer and prevented it from starting for a short time if there are not many players in the session to try to allow more people to join.
  • Changed the hopper grid order to random, so now the players Mercedes cars will not always start on the front row.
  • Removed the AI from all hoppers.
  • Removed the assist restrictions from the Hardcore hopper.
  • Banning ABS in the session settings will now implicitly ban braking assist.

I see no mention of the FFB, it was at best passable but since a few patches ago that broke the logitech profiler I've just given up completely. I really really hope they bring in whoever did the FFB for Dirt Rally next year.

Why don't they update the Singapore circuit?

It's not only Singapore ... the Mexico track and some other ones need aswell some improvements.
But the more important would be updated FFB effects and more "weight" for the cars.
Unfortunately Codies had really disappointed me so much with the F1 '15 title.

That they can do it much better proved Dirt Rally.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%