DiRT 4 new patch

aha, that's why it fiddles around on the disc for ages, looking for space to unload the whole batch. Ooops, only have 20 GB available atm. So this means I have to shift stuff around for the sake of a batch I don't need in the first place, cmon!

Last edited:
If you have windows 10 try compressing other games. Dirt doesn't compress well.

Cmd.exe
Cd to the folder you want to compress
Run this command at the prompt at the folder you're at:
Compact /c /s /i /f /a /exe:xpress16k
My assetto folder cut to half! No difference in load times

i only have three games installed, it's family photographs and music that's eating my space, plus the harddrive wasn't the biggest one in the first place. during the next rainy afternoon i will get an old unused harddrive (i always save those when i discard a pc), plug it in, wipe it clean and put all my music on it, that should do the trick.

the longer i think about it, the angrier i get: shouldn't they call it "reinstall" rather than "patch"? iRacing patches take about 3 mins every couple of weeks, can't be so difficult, can it? But then again, I do not know the first thing about coding and these guys are called codeMASTERS, so they should know what they do, shouldn't they?

With dirt rally, they had individual files, but for this they did the annoying thing that a lot of games started to do (due to console ports) with a single archive format... it doesn't really save any space either, it's just conformity...

This monday new patch manages my 8 cores. Cool!
Just a detail: I just have to manage with foreign languages because Dirt 4 speaks German to me instead of French! :( Cool...

Yop! Thank you Majuh. I will take a look at that, we never know... But it only speaks in German during rallycross races, the other parts of the game are in the good (French) language ;)

after outsorcing the family videos to an old harddrive (and they just about fit on it, 2gb left, phew ...), downloading a partition programme to link the newly empty space on my data partition to my c: partition and cleaning all my harddrive, i am finally back in the game. all this for a patch i never needed in the first place, lol.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%