New Patch Speculation - We get there when we get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could half see it coming...

image.jpg

But... Some hope on the horizon at least :)

image.jpg

Last edited:
@Chris Stacey I live the new thread title lol!
Ok I'll be the first to bite! :confused:

Are we there yet? :p

On a more serious vein, very interested to see what graphical improvements they will be implementing - game looks and runs pretty good for me right now. The one anomaly I have noticed is that sometimes there is a white sparkling happening up the road or in the distance. Sometimes it looks like heat shimmers....

My issue with the graphics right now is shadow draw distance. I swear they had an update a few months back that made the shadows draw closer and dissapear further away. You can see it noticeably on track side details like buildings and rails, the shadow lines draw themselves in front of you. Its probably the thing I hate most about rFactor 2's graphics and it seems AC has it too, but I don't think they always did that I recall. I think they tried to optimize the graphics performance a few months back and thus introducd this issue. I want an option at least in the graphics menu to choose my level of shadow draw distance.

They had a small issue a while back about LOD during replays too where cars not immedately at the front of the pack would look rather low detail, but I believe again, this has been changed recently and it seems like they're implementing a LOD blur now which looks better than having a low resolution card model suddenly turn into a high resolution model as it gets closer to the camera.

Last edited:
I hear you all on the shadow draw and the LOD distance issues. I would guess that any "graphical improvements" would be global across all tracks, not track specific improvements.

Having said that, some tracks like Monza look really very good, and others like Nurburgring and Mugello look a little half finished to my eyes. So, I *hope* at some point some attention could be made to updating the other tracks to bring them up to the standard of Monza / Silverstone.

Can someone give me a rough estimation of how far down the line this game is in terms of optimisation? For running 20+ cars on and offline I get serious stutters and want to know is it the games problem, or my crappy computer!

Can someone give me a rough estimation of how far down the line this game is in terms of optimisation? For running 20+ cars on and offline I get serious stutters and want to know is it the games problem, or my crappy computer!

The game still needs lot of optimisation yes and many bugs need fixing.
They did quote specs to run the game but as to what quality you will get with minimum spec is debatable at present.

But we would hope that any machine that meets the specs should run 20 cars on track.
It is still in development and improving all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back