1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Let's Play: F1 2017 The Game
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation on Youtube by clicking here

Featured New NASCAR Heat Game to Feature XFINITY and Truck Series

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,544
    NASCAR HEAT 2 - Camping World Truck Series.jpg
    704Games have revealed the next NASCAR Heat game will feature popular support championships the NASCAR Camping World Truck's and NASCAR XFINITY Series.

Much to the dismay of fans at the time, the original NASCAR Heat Evolution game shipped with just the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series present in launch title, later receiving a much criticised DLC package bringing just the 2017 spec liveries to the old cars, however non of the new for this season rules packages would be added as part of the last DLC package, leaving many to wonder in 704Games had a new title up their sleeves for this year.

After a long and occasionally cringe worthy promotional campaign to see which real world NASCAR driver would be featuring on the box art of the new title, the developers have finally seen fit to release some fresh details about what NASCAR Heat 2 will actually contain, and for many the protracted silence has already been well worth the wait as both the supporting Camping World Truck Series and the junior NASCAR XFINITY Series are both confirmed as base content shipping with the new title.

"We saw it, we heard it from fans and people on message boards that there wasn't a lot of depth to the game, online included," said Sean Wilson, the game's executive producer. "We needed to give you a reason to actually stay and play more."

Of course the main series will again take centre stage, alongside the full 2017 racing schedule and all the teams and drivers of the category, but the inclusion of both regular support series will be seen as a major boost the title both in North American and Europe markets, and leads us to wonder if a fleshed out career mode could possibly be making its debut for the new release.

In other Heat 2 news, 704Games have confirmed split screen multiplayer will be making its return to the franchise after inexplicably finding itself dropped from the 2016 release as more news about the title is expected to follow in the coming days and weeks.

"Split-screen was probably the most requested feature that we saw from fans in message boards and on Twitter," said Ren Vickers, 704 Games' Marketing Director. "It's an audience that likes to sit on the couch and race together... “In my year on Twitter, it's the (Xfinity and Trucks) series and split-screen that's been the most talked about,” Wilson said, “and we knew that. We had to do that."

What is more the team behind the new game have confirmed that the career mode for the new title will offer a challenge to experience players whist allowing those new to racing games the opportunity to become engaged right from the very beginning:

"Hopefully, that will make it a little more fun at the beginning," Wilson said. "Because we can get you in a truck, and we can get you in a pretty good truck. That way you're kind of winning, but you still have so much in front of you, you still have the Xfinity, you still have Monster Energy, but the whole experience is going to be more balanced from the beginning, other than 'Well, you're going to suck.' Because we have to start you somewhere, but if you start winning right out of the gate, what's the point in that?"

Of course with the inclusion of trucks in Heat 2 comes the ability to race on the dirt ovals, much like the recent iRacing update, and this form of racing has not been neglected by 704. Which should be fun...

NASCAR HEAT 2 Eldora Speedway.jpg

So far so good from the newly rebranded 704Games, lets hope that at long last NASCAR fans can have a game worthy of the popularity of this spectacular form of American motorsport.

NASCAR HEAT 2 is expected to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 2017.

NASCAR HEAT 2 Texas Motor Speedway.jpg NASCAR HEAT 2 XFINITY Series.jpg NASCAR HEAT 2.jpg NASCAR HEAT 2 - Mid Ohio .jpg

Check out the NASCAR HEAT sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussions around this exciting new NASCAR game.

Looking forward to the new NASCAR game? Can 704Games make a better fist of this one than the roundly disappointing Heat Evolution? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. xXaXiXx

xXaXiXx

Ratings:
    +26
    This is a simulator? Or it is just a simcade like F1 Games?

3. Slyfrequency

Slyfrequency
    Premium

Ratings:
    +369
    It was simcade last year, I imagine this release could be the same :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Islandhitman

Islandhitman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    It will be a Simcade, reason I say this is if they are planning a release later this year or even early next year they won't have time to make it a decent Sim, which is too bad as the only decent Nascar Sim out there is iRacing,

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,105
    I don't have any problems with simcade, or arcade games. As long as they are fun. I don't have to play racing games with a wheel.
    Problem is, there hasn't been a fun NASCAR game in way too many years.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Pywackett-Barchetta

Pywackett-Barchetta

Ratings:
    +59
    I was very underwhelmed by Heat Evolution after the initial excitement of having a new NASCAR game. I'm very happy to see these series get some love, but the gameplay really needs to get stepped up to make this worth it, even for someone that's really enjoying all three series this year.

7. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium

Ratings:
    +1,059
    There was a sim and arcade setting in Nascar heat. Still a long way to go to get the physics right. Still it will be nice to drive the trucks at Eldora Speedway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,987
    I have really enjoyed Nascar Heat since it became available over here in the UK.Yes there are some issues especially around the AI in pack racing but despite that I have had some great races with it.

The multiplayer side really needs some enhancing though and I hope this has been addressed some with the new version.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave R

Dave R

Ratings:
    +199
    Road America, Mosport, Mid Ohio=instabuy for me. I hope the new version adds adjustable FOV for PC, the ability to look left and right ,and better AI for Plate tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,987
    Agreed, the look left and right is much needed on the Xbox too :thumbsup:

11. Dave R

Dave R

Ratings:
    +199
    For sure. You can't oval race on any platform without being able to look left and right

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Sure you can, the real drivers today have full seat supports running down nearly the length of their arm, and the manditory Hans device makes the spotter absolutely necessary. And so there lies another issue that I hope is taken care of...The Spotter. The spotter has always been a weak point in these games, but I usually just try to have situation awareness and a good mirror to deal with the lack of visibility since I only drive in Cockpit view.
    [​IMG]

13. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +20
    I've actually been in one of these cars with helmet and Hans device and you can't move hardly at all. Theres not a lot of moving to be done at all actually, especially to the right because of the head support. they do have great mirrors which you need very much.
    The seat of you pants sensation though is something you just have to try. The amount of grip is unbelievable, its almost like the car couldn't spin out...almost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,059
    I know I drove an old Tony Stewart car at Atlanta...when you mash the throttle it feels like your butt is about to push through the floor pan of the car. And I wore all the safety gear, very restrictive. The Rusty Wallace Driving experience gives you a Spotter to guide you around the track and pass other cars.
    driver.jpg

15. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +247
    rF2 + stockcar + oval + stockcar rules activated. Pretty awesome. :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Vapir

Vapir
    Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    If only the game was any good :mad:

17. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,059
    sounds like you've already condemned it. I think I was pretty honest with my assessment. I'm a NASCAR fan and I appreciate every little detail of the sport. Was I happy or satisfied with the last game, no, but there aren't any other choices out there. But these devs do listen and communicate with their constituents and I think hey will bring a better game to the table.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    I think this game will be way better than the last one. I liked it (Nascar Heat evolution) but it definitely had its flaws and did not feel like a completed game. I think NH2 will tickle that itch we have been trying to get for awhile now.

19. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Sept 12th.. we'll find out. Now that we can Add AI I may start up a short Play-off series to get us ready for an Online season Next Year! Provided the game doesn't need a lot of work upon release.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vapir

Vapir
    Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    I'd argue that there are other choices, though. Nascar Racing 2003 is still brilliant. And iRacing of course but I can see someone saying it is too expensive for them.