• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.
RDTCC Testing (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation by clicking here.

Featured New NASCAR Heat 2 Update Released Today

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 14, 2017 at 21:02.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,944
    NASCAR Heat 2 Update 4.jpg
    704Games have released a new and useful update for the NASCAR Heat 2 game on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with PC versions to follow...

Although the new NASCAR Heat 2 update is out now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, PC gamers will have to wait until early next week to get the opportunity to try out the new fixes for themselves...

NASCAR Heat 2 Patch Notes:
    • Fixed cockpit view camera sometimes being too low.
    • Fixed a crash in Career mode when starting a new season.
    • Fixed some other crash bugs.
    • Added Justin Haley as a driver.
    • Added more driver text messages to Career mode.
    • Added more driver video messages to Career mode.
    • Fixed driver message typos in Career mode.
    • Other minor bug fixes and improvements
    If you missed the details of the last update to NASCAR Heat 2, check out the details HERE.

NASCAR Heat 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

NASCAR Heat 2 Update 1.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Update 2.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Update 3.jpg

If you are enjoying NASCAR Heat 2 (or just curious about the new game) then head over to our NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum. A place on the internet to discuss the game, download the mods and have your say with your fellow NASCAR Heat 2 fans!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Tell us what you think about NASCAR Heat 2 and the latest update in the comments section below!

2. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,068
    This game is massively underrated but I understand why, at least here. Lots of oval haters and people expecting road course physics. Especially in light of other game makers struggling with ovals, NASCAR Heat 2 feels decent, almost Assetto-like, on ovals (as opposed to SMS, who's corporate motto is "let's screw the oval fans over"). Ovals really are easy to nail, if you think about, and they did a good job. I'd say a weak spot is track mapping, but each track has a very distinct personality, so drone mapping or topography maps were clearly used. The setups may be more intricate than any game out there. And the A.I. are the crown jewel. It's nearly impossible to get them right on an oval. Just ask SMS or any previous NASCAR maker.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 02:33
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    I see it on a little sale now and I'm thinking about it, but have they done anything to improve the lighting, shadows, LOD, etc. to make it look less Unity, and more importantly, is the FFB more detailed than at launch? It mostly felt like nothing was there, like I was playing with a rubber band.

Hold a steady wheel, Rob.

4. jonelsorel

jonelsorel

Ratings:
    +31

Rob, you once again prove that you have some of the most disconnected from reality and/or zero added value posts on this nice, hospitable website. To me it seems that you just write to be able to see your own writing.

There is no such as thing as "road course physics", there is just physics.

Get help.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +773
    How does this stand up against Nr2003??

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. BernL

BernL

Ratings:
    +8
    Graphics look fantastic.....huge but......will it feel , drive as good as it looks.....usually not.....and for fear of that ...I usually stay away.....what's needed is a Nascar 2003 to todays graphics standards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +773
    @Andy Jackson i take it by giving me a beer for that comment you suggest i go and drink one rather than try this game ??

8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    I am the new Colin Mcrae I am Premium

Ratings:
    +3,050
    Not at all, but I expect the beer to feel better value for money. ;) I'd wait until the game is about the same price as a pint.
    Oh and it isn't in the same league as NR2003 in my opinion.

9. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    I'm a huge iracing guy (since 7 years)
    For me, oval racing is on iracing, or is not. ... for the moment at least.
    Is Nascar Heat 2 a "game" or a "sim" ? (yeah, sounds like a stupid question ... especially when some people here considers pcars like a sim...)
    ..I mean, I'm pretty happy with iracing, but sometimes I would like to run some oval offline, with decent AI and realistic physics... I perfectly undertsand that NHE cannot be as realistic as iracing (we're talking about a game for consoles), but is it close ? or do I have to stay with NR2003 if I want something correct ?
    @++

10. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +19
    I have a love hate relationship with this series, but if it runs smoothly it is quite a fun racer. I’’ll certainly return after the update.

11. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,068
    And you have demonstrated that you are willing to attack the person, not the issue, which typically happens when I deal with people like yourself.

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    This recent article on PRC might give you some pointers as to what to expect.

https://notworking.url/2017/11/14/the-more-things-change/

It doesn't smell like an old basement as much.

13. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,068
    I think that if you hated the release physics, then it's probably not going to impress you now. After all, physics, handing models are very subjective.

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    I think the oval was good enough, "manageable", but I dread trying the trucks at Mo again, it was so imprecise and dire. Maybe I'll give it another wack, and there's also ReShade...

• Like Like x 1
  15. jonelsorel

jonelsorel

Ratings:
    +31
    The issue? Your original post is basically a rant about ALL the people who don't like Nascar games and "oval physics", like you do. And you're telling me I pick on people. Which is epic. :)

Try getting some help. You're unable to evaluate your own words.

PS: oh and tracks don't have personalities.. people might.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 21:06
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  16. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +475
    Not sure why you got upset with Rob's post, I didn't read anything in the post that was offending to anyone in particular. Was it the "Lots of oval haters..."? To me that was a general comment, and actually true to some point (oval racing isn't popular with many), but still not directed at anyone in particular.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +19
    Road tracks are better than the previous game, but not as good as the ovals - borderline acceptable.

18. jonelsorel

jonelsorel

Ratings:
    +31
    Did I say that i found his post offending? I did say that he's addressing all the people who don't like Nascar or Nascar games, which is basically a kindergarten level rant. And the fact that he speaks of "oval physics" firmly places his understanding of simracing somewhere in that age group. So getting offended by Rob, in my opinion, would be like booing at the paralympics.

And yes, oval racing - to me - isn't about racing, it's about money primarily. Hence the whole "turn left" thing, so that you can cram as many spectators the easiest. At the same time Nascar has absolute positives that even F1, in its current state, can learn from, technical regulations being the most relevant and the one which makes Nascar one of the closest and most competitive motorsports in the world. Which is pretty nice to watch.

• Disagree Disagree x 3