New 'My Summer Car' Build Update Released.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
My Summer Car - -DeatHŤechnO- screenshot.jpg

My Summer Car has been updated.

Indie developer released My Summer Car has received another sizable update yesterday, adding a range of fixes and improvements to a game that continues to go from strength to strength.

Holding something of a cult following with the niche car / lifestyle / mechanics simulation genre, and packed full of funny moments and features, My Summer Car continues to receive plenty of support and development as the title progresses through it's early life cycle on the Steam network.

With a new build deployed just yesterday, the game has received plenty of attention as a number of outstanding issues have been rectified by the developers, as well as a few new features probably quite unique to this often hilarious game.

You can check out the change log, and developer advice around the new build, below:

Developer advice about the update
The update needs still some work etc, but I want to warn everyone already about the SAVE incompatibilities you will face with the next update.

Some items will be filled up and spawned back as a huge mess to Teimo's store or at home. This happens because there is save database change with the Teimo stuff.

You can always delete your "items.txt" if you want to get rid of the mess, or then just bring all the stuff back to home again.

And this is the list of the items that are affected by this:
  • Juice bottle
  • Beer case
  • Brake fluid
  • Motor oil
  • Coolant
  • Mosquito spray
  • Two Stroke fuel
Change Log Build Notes
  • Fixed repair shop not being open at Fridays and being open at Sundays
  • Fixed issue with Block replacement being successful even when the engine was not disassembled
  • Made a closure for the life story lines of "kilju guy"
  • Player colliding with the car should not make any dents to it any more
  • Optimized death screen magazine and added few more death screens
  • Fixed issue with replacement parts getting stuck at the counter
  • Added NPC tests
  • Car inspection shop now follows opening hours
  • Added Ratchet Tool set for faster bolt fastening, available from parts magazine
  • Changed the system how Spark Plug fastening is handled, let us know if you experience issues
  • Added working fireplace to cottage and house
  • Improved Yellow car driving capabilities around the village, should not spin out so much now
  • Smoothed out some bumpy dirt road sections
  • Added footsteps sounds
  • Added garbage disposal pit at landfill site to get rid of garbage (destroys items bought from store that are empty)
  • Fixed issue where player could grab the car seat while in Driving Mode
  • Cops now enforce 80km/h speed limit for Truck and Van
  • Fixed bug with cops where some offences were not noted if player stopped for breath test
  • Changed so that player is released from jail instantly when he has 0 days left

My Summer Car xsolimini [FR][67] Screenshot.jpg

About The Game

My Summer Car is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.

• Full car assembly with over hundred parts
  • Detailed driving and engine simulation
  • Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
  • Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
  • Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
  • Rally event to participate in
  • Permanent death
  • Sauna bathing
  • 90's Finnish summer!
  • Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
  • Much more!

My Summer Car is available to purchase exclusively on Windows PC via the Steam Network right now!

Check out the My Summer Car sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep up to date with all the latest news regarding this quirky driving game. As is usually the case with these sub forums, we offer you a place to get together with your fellow community members and discuss the gaming experience, plus we have a growing collection of weird and wonderful mods for you to try in our downloads section. Pop in a say hello today!

Have you tried the new update, what are your impressions? Do you enjoy My Summer Car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Image credits - -DeatHTechnO and xsolimini (FR)(67) via Steam game store page.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 146 7.6%
  • < 5 years