PC1 New Members Tier oh! not share holders anymore :(

OZ67

OZ67
Premium
So does that now mean, so called share holder,(now referred to as member) is no longer entitled to any future profit? If so this means that PCars is no longer an investment but just another way for customer to purchase a game. ( iracing ). My intention was to helping out a company, which is my hobby.

It was never meant to be an investment
I also understood that everybody participating in CARS becomes an investor. Seeing this quote of a SMS employee I am sure that many people think they are an investor:

Named Community Assisted Race Sim, or C.A.R.S. for short, the project will allow ordinary sim racers to become investors in a racing simulation title and get a share of the profits and unmatched access to the development process and a say in the title’s direction.

Source: [virtualr]

And yet, they say in the "new members read first" thread that it shouldn't be treated as an investment. Me = confused.
I'm sure what Bram posted is from original documents and what you posted is an updated (changed) version. This is why I'm skeptical.

P.S. It was all over the net as a share investment (A New Way for building a Sim) when it was 1st announced but now they have all but established themselves, it seems the plan has changed, in that a couple of individuals maintain full control.
I'm just saying to all those who thought they were investing in a companies side investment, Careful dudes it's just a different marketing strategy in selling their product, imo

I suppose if people want to sign up as paying beta testers and paying for the finished game at 45 euro's before seeing, WMD are not as daft as they look.;)

You don't need to put 45 € to see and play the game, 10 € is enough.

I invested 100 € because I believe in the game after having played it, I want to support this way of funding games, and it wouldn't be a big loss for me if I don't get any return.

But who knows maybe I will get a great game and even more money back than those 100 € I put in.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%