rF2 NEW! Lupo Cup @ Bathurst - Sunday 9th November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
:pissed-off:Well, I'm one pissed off racer. After not dropping below 2:44.xx in practice, I do a pb of 2:42.xx, good for my standards.
Session changes to the race. I click "race" and I find myself in the rF main screen.

ARGH!:pissed-off::disapointed::poop::at-wits-end::frusty::censored::censored::censored:

Good luck to the peeps rF doesn't hate :(

Well that was fun whilst it lasted hmmm, my highlight was having had a good battle with Jamie before i damaged the car and went into pits 3 times and same problem was there car would just not gather any speed so decided to quit out grrrrrr

Sorry if i caused any incidents i plan on firing the pit crew cos they cant fix a bloody car to save there lives :laugh2:

• Darren Gardner

mmm well that was going well untill i blew my engine.

Have fun.

Gah! was loving that, then my wheel worked loose from my desk, right at the worst time possible - blammo!

But what a laugh that was - cheers for organising - must do that or similar again soon.

big old :thumb: from the Upminster jury.

Hmm I was totally of pace before the race started, but during the race I imporved every lap I was going better and better and then I crashed it... bent something as the car was not going straight. Little later ended up in the gravel and it took me over a minute to get out. Dunno maybe it was 2 minutes. Pitted to get the car fixed and continued. Got a drive through just before my next pitstop as I was freeweeling to the pit as I was out of fuel. Just made it pitted did the the drivethrough the next lap. Still was having fun and I wanted to see the sunrise again but then i got a disco so that moment I will never see :p

Sorry to all the people I hit, but when it was night I missed brake points and stuff so it was very hard. I then got stuck in the gravel with a puncture which took me 10 minutes or so to get out.

Only highlights was a battle with Darren Gardner which was fun.

Anyway thanks for organising and please never race this track again. :p

• Darren Gardner

Sorry to all the people I hit, but when it was night I missed brake points and stuff so it was very hard. I then got stuck in the gravel with a puncture which took me 10 minutes or so to get out.

Only highlights was a battle with Darren Gardner which was fun.

Anyway thanks for organising and please never race this track again. :p

yes that was good lewis enjoyed that plus the headlights flashing lol

:laugh2::laugh2:

Another disaster night racing,and let it be known,all disasters mainly of my own making :).

Off the line in unison with Sam and Ryan until the death bit downhill when i had to keep lifted off longer than i wanted to be,but the only other option was keep foot down to maintain control and hit those ahead,i ended up clumping the wall at the last part and dropped a place or 2,then exiting final turn just in time to play Lupo pinball with Yoeri freshly bouncing back of the barriers into my path,that was a decent crunch noise,recovered and pushed and got onto the back of Marc K but despite better speed in some parts passing was so difficult,i think 3 laps of following,each time at death dowhill bit i was on the brink of loosing it trying to avoid the back of Marc,then one time going in he was really slower than before and i was heading for his back end,only choice was jink to his right and avoid,but still he was there and somehow i ended up on my roof ,lost a place but got going np and chased down and eventually passed,when i say "crazy Marc" i was meaning the situation we got in there each time,was very crazy,but in my opinion you done nothing wrong at all.
I pitted when it was pitch black dark then it dawned on me i hadnt done any kind of pit entry practice,i duly went off into the gravel at pit entry and i couldnt beleive what was going on,just a joke trying to get out again,i stuck with it for the hours it took and done fuel,but i quit in disgust there and then too,the Lupos are brilliant though,a bit of a waste of them on that awful track.

Cheers

Well those cars were awesome fun :).

Quali - I grabbed pole by two tenths from Sam Moss, we were quite a bit ahead of the rest of the field.

Race - I got a good start for once. Sam got slightly ahead of me but having the inside line into the first corner meant I kept the lead. Us two escaped from the field and were nose to tail for 9 laps, was great fun. I braked too late into the final corner in the 9th lap however and Sam went through. I kept him in check by around 1.5 seconds before we both pitted a couple of laps later. I missed my pitbox looool and had to reverse slightly. This meant I rejoined 10 seconds behind Sam so I had to put my foot down. I had got the gap down to around 7 seconds a few laps later when Sam made a big mistake, puncturing his tyre and I was able to pass him giving me a 20 odd secopnd lead over Steve E.

From there on it was very lonely aside from the few backmarkers (who were excellent at giving room, all of you). I never had to push mega hard and lapped a second or so off my ultimate pace. I still span 3 times in the nasty complex, twice due to taking a different line when passing backmarkers haha. The first was a neat pirouette, second I clipped the wall with my rear end and the third time my rear end slammed the wall, I got worse as I went along haha. I also slid badly at Turn 2 and went across the grass at the bottom of the straight but aside from that I drove fairly well. The third time I span at the complex was from laughing at Lewis' joy at getting out of the gravel trap loool.

There was one final twist of course. I had asked my pitcrew for a few more glugs of fuel in my final stop but they didn't give me it, meaning I only had enough fuel for 7 and a half laps, with 8 laps remaining! Thankfully I had a 44 second lead over James in second and as I had 20-odd seconds to go before the time was up, I waited until the time ran out before crossing the line so I didn't have to do another lap looool.

My first Europe win :D. Thanks Andrew and RD for organising this - will have to do it again.

Qualy was ok, p4.
start was bad lost a few places and then I caused trouble by spining, sorry for that. Then a few good fights. battle with simon :laugh2:. Then I'm not shure what happened 3 lupos on straight I was on inside and then suddenly crashed simon and another lupo ? Was that my fold ? when so I'm sorry didn't see anything, feeld just a little bumb to my right carside. Then I crahed a few times during night. Oh God it was so dark. Courners looked very different LOL. But the lupo was robust and hold till the end. Little fight with Bram who also had a destroied lupo LOL. My pace was totaly crap :quiet:. Lupo half destroyed LOL but was fun :jump::highfive:

First lupo race, first time this track and first night race for me :clap: thx for this event :beer::highfive:

--->klick me for full race stats<---

• Andrew Evans

i love these cars!

that was a high quality event.... BLITZED my pb during practice to finally put in lap where i'd expect it... qually, not as good; started 16th...

race started out fine... managed to negotiate the first half of lap one with no probs... alas, coming down the mountain the tears began to fall... instead of losing it in my usual spots of just over the brow of the hill, or at the entry to the "falken bend", i ate some wall at the "victoria bitter bend" instead... alas, got a puncture...

heading for the pits, tyre flapping, i lost it hugely and ended up deep in the gravel at the end of the back straight... how deep, you ask? well, my first lap clocked in at 19 minutes and 24 seconds! insane... half a second of throttle available before having to lift off and re-apply.... this happened to me at eastern creek with the pcc's... so no idea if it's rF, the tracks, or the mods... baaaaah!

then drove a nice steady race with one or two more 30 second sits in the gravel... managed to finish 11th, saw the sunrise and nailed fergusson on the last lap... woohoo!

lupos.... much joy... bathurst... much joy... time scaling... much joy!... we need to run these suckers like this again! :woot:

Many thanks to Andrew for organizing this event! I think it was the most fun I've had in a while. There was a smile on my face the entire time. Who would have known that the Lupos were so much fun to drive? And, the track was great too. On lap 1 it was a complete crackup to watch Bram driving his Lupo on two wheels down the back straight. lol. I was watching in my rear view mirror and nearly drove myself off that track while I was laughing out loud. Those curbs are murder...

Qualified P6 and finished P4. James and I had a good go at each for quite a while, but after pitting he started pulling away and I chased Ryan and James to the end, After hitting a wall on the last lap(of all the times to screw up) my Lupo was loopy and was smoking and wouldn't turn in right. Daniel starting catching me up. Fortunately, I had about a minute lead as we started the final lap and was able to stay in front, but my lead dwindled to about 10-15 seconds as we crossed the line.

Congrats to all that finished.:highfive:

That was great fun.:laugh2: Let's do it again - we need to do another Lupo event sometime.:highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%