1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jersey confirms 10-year F1 deal

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Scott Webber, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Formula One will be making a stopover in New Jersey from 2013 after the state's governor confirmed it will join the calendar in two years' time.

The announcement means the United States will host two grands prix in the near future as the United States Grand Prix, to be staged in Austin, which will be featured next year.

The Memorandum of Understanding signed by the relevant authorities guarantees the Grand Prix of America for 10 years.
    sketch.jpg

"I'm pleased that New Jersey will play host to Formula One beginning 2013, bringing one of the world's most popular and exciting sports right to our backyard," Governor Chris Christie said in a statement.

"The race will be a 3.2 mile road race(Street Circuit) , run on existing roads through Port Imperial and at the top of the Palisades in Weehawken and West New York.

"Up to 100,000 people are expected to attend each race, starting with practice Friday, qualifying on Saturday and racing on Sunday.

via: planet-f1

2. They say this Race will be a mix of Spa and Monte Carlo, i certainly hope so, very tight corners and very fast bends will hopefully make this race very exciting.

3. looks like ill be going to this one - its closer to home!

4. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

two grand prix in usa, and none in central america.....

5. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

from no GPs to 2 of them? What venue is going to drop then? I hope not SPA.

6. Korea, most likely.

7. Wasn't it going to be Bahrain ?

8. it is either, Bahrain, Valencia , Yeongam

9. I am already making this one in rfactor.. It is really nice, quick, and a beautiful scenery, New York skyline just across the river.. Anyone wants to join the project?

10. I have zero experience but I'm gonna cheer for you :p

11. Hope Bahrain stays. Valencia and Korea are my least favourite tracks and bahrain is one of my favourites.

12. its simple really, race every weekend!!!.

13. As previously said, from no Grand Prix at all to two Grand Prix by 2013. Really surprised the New Jersey track came through, i've been hearing about it for a while now but didn't think it would ever become official. If any track were to be dropped, I hope it's Korea, it's just bland. The surroundings of the track are bland and I don't think there's any real effort to keep a race there. I even heard one of the commentators on Speed (the US channel that broadcasts F1), that some of the teams had found food from last year in their refrigerators in the paddocks.

Actually, I just hope they come back to the Long Beach track someday. Having an F1 race in my backyard would be a dream come true.

14. hells yeah Jersey Shore F1 fist pump fist pump. is Snookie gonna be there? i sure hope so.

15. they should drop korea,india, bahrain,china, umm all the more recent tracks, singapore is OK abu dabi maybe still not sure i like it I will have to decide after this years race is run.

16. There wasnt even GP India yet and you wish to drop it? GTHO. Im betting India gonna be an awesome GP.

17. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Lets hope this is a good track and it will replace some of these new 'mickey mouse' circuits such as Valencia (new Valencia, not the proper circuit) or Singapore. Its a very bold statement to say it is a combination of Spa and Monte Carlo, but i will reserve judgement untill 2012!

18. Check the lap of the "quick sketch" NJ grand prix..

19. very nice