New Jersey confirms 10-year F1 deal

Formula One will be making a stopover in New Jersey from 2013 after the state's governor confirmed it will join the calendar in two years' time.

The announcement means the United States will host two grands prix in the near future as the United States Grand Prix, to be staged in Austin, which will be featured next year.

The Memorandum of Understanding signed by the relevant authorities guarantees the Grand Prix of America for 10 years.
sketch.jpg

"I'm pleased that New Jersey will play host to Formula One beginning 2013, bringing one of the world's most popular and exciting sports right to our backyard," Governor Chris Christie said in a statement.

"The race will be a 3.2 mile road race(Street Circuit) , run on existing roads through Port Imperial and at the top of the Palisades in Weehawken and West New York.

"Up to 100,000 people are expected to attend each race, starting with practice Friday, qualifying on Saturday and racing on Sunday.

via: planet-f1

I am already making this one in rfactor.. It is really nice, quick, and a beautiful scenery, New York skyline just across the river.. Anyone wants to join the project?

As previously said, from no Grand Prix at all to two Grand Prix by 2013. Really surprised the New Jersey track came through, i've been hearing about it for a while now but didn't think it would ever become official. If any track were to be dropped, I hope it's Korea, it's just bland. The surroundings of the track are bland and I don't think there's any real effort to keep a race there. I even heard one of the commentators on Speed (the US channel that broadcasts F1), that some of the teams had found food from last year in their refrigerators in the paddocks.

Actually, I just hope they come back to the Long Beach track someday. Having an F1 race in my backyard would be a dream come true.

they should drop korea,india, bahrain,china, umm all the more recent tracks, singapore is OK abu dabi maybe still not sure i like it I will have to decide after this years race is run.

Lets hope this is a good track and it will replace some of these new 'mickey mouse' circuits such as Valencia (new Valencia, not the proper circuit) or Singapore. Its a very bold statement to say it is a combination of Spa and Monte Carlo, but i will reserve judgement untill 2012!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%