1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New install issues

Discussion in 'GTR 2' started by Glenn Petersen, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I just installed GTR2 from disk. I then installed the official 1.1 update. Lastly, I installed the Lobby patch. Now, when I try to load the game, it keeps taking me back to the video configuation screen. Anybody know what's going on?
    I have Windows 7 64bit. I also have it set to run as administrator. Am I missing something?

2. This is probably a silly question, but maybe you're trying to run the config? Have you tried manually double clicking on GTR2.exe in the folder? :D

Maybe you chose an option your graphics card or something doesn't support? Maybe try something generic, 800x600@32, no AA or anything.

3. i take it your using the GTR2.exe and not the GTR2Config.exe? :)

after installing i dont use my dvd, if you PM me your email i can send you the Reloaded (nocd) exe.

4. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

ok, thanks for the help. I installed the reloaded file and I can get into the game.
    Next problem... :(
    I was able to access the lobby after setting up a username and password, but when trying to access online files I crash to desktop.

5. Online files don't work for everyone. They don't work for me (both in GTR2 and in GTL), but in my case no files show up, but the game doesn't crash.

6. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Ok, thanks.

7. so does one boot up gtr2 without the disc? through config.exe? thanks eitherway.