1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

New here and some questions

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Harmor, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Harmor

Harmor

Ratings:
    +0
    Well first of all hello everybody ;) - I stumbled upon Formula Truck thanks to some person on the Steam forums, bought the game after a little pondering and it's amazing. I also downloaded the Nordschleife track (I'm German, actually ^^) and it's just great as well.

But there are a few questions I still have, having not yet done a race in the championship I started (can really only play offline, I don't have time for organized leagues unfortunately >_<) - I can't seem to figure out how to make my pitcrew refill diesel o.O - I adjusted the controls so that I can tell them to add tire pressure etc, got that sorted, but refilling the tank eludes me so help please :p

Additionally, I'm also new to Brazilian truck racing and as a German I was like wtf when I saw VW trucks. So far to my knowledge, VW only builds vans and cars but not trucks - what's up with that?

Last question - that 2013 upgrade I see mentioned here (looks great on a sidenote) - is that going to be an addon? A new 2013 game? Or a free upgrade?

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +984
    2013 will be a free update, coming soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye?

Ratings:
    +2,910
    Welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

As far as I'm aware there is no refueling in the Formula Truck series so I don't think it is possible to refuel in the game but not 100% sure. I don't even think they do pit stops usually.

As for the the VW trucks I'm sure I've seen some on the road before, can't remember though :laugh: only started noticing truck brands on the roads when I started playing this game :p

You should sign up for a free Race Department license and have a look at the Racing Club. No commitment needed really, there are usually 3 evening races scheduled during the week so whenever you are available you can sign up :thumbsup:

4. Harmor

Harmor

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info and welcome guys - and I did some research on VW trucks. They're apparently Brazil or South America exclusive and run on Cummins Diesel engines - this particular brand of VW is meanwhile owned by MAN, yet they keep the VW logo on the trucks. I work in delivery myself so naturally I have an interest in this stuff but seriously, never knew this before. Formula Truck very obviously does more than just offer nice racing ^^.

As for racing online, I'll say mayhaps - let's see if I can squeeze some time in ^^.