1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here and some questions

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Harmor, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Well first of all hello everybody ;) - I stumbled upon Formula Truck thanks to some person on the Steam forums, bought the game after a little pondering and it's amazing. I also downloaded the Nordschleife track (I'm German, actually ^^) and it's just great as well.

But there are a few questions I still have, having not yet done a race in the championship I started (can really only play offline, I don't have time for organized leagues unfortunately >_<) - I can't seem to figure out how to make my pitcrew refill diesel o.O - I adjusted the controls so that I can tell them to add tire pressure etc, got that sorted, but refilling the tank eludes me so help please :p

Additionally, I'm also new to Brazilian truck racing and as a German I was like wtf when I saw VW trucks. So far to my knowledge, VW only builds vans and cars but not trucks - what's up with that?

Last question - that 2013 upgrade I see mentioned here (looks great on a sidenote) - is that going to be an addon? A new 2013 game? Or a free upgrade?

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

2013 will be a free update, coming soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

As far as I'm aware there is no refueling in the Formula Truck series so I don't think it is possible to refuel in the game but not 100% sure. I don't even think they do pit stops usually.

As for the the VW trucks I'm sure I've seen some on the road before, can't remember though :laugh: only started noticing truck brands on the roads when I started playing this game :p

You should sign up for a free Race Department license and have a look at the Racing Club. No commitment needed really, there are usually 3 evening races scheduled during the week so whenever you are available you can sign up :thumbsup:

4. Thanks for the info and welcome guys - and I did some research on VW trucks. They're apparently Brazil or South America exclusive and run on Cummins Diesel engines - this particular brand of VW is meanwhile owned by MAN, yet they keep the VW logo on the trucks. I work in delivery myself so naturally I have an interest in this stuff but seriously, never knew this before. Formula Truck very obviously does more than just offer nice racing ^^.

As for racing online, I'll say mayhaps - let's see if I can squeeze some time in ^^.