New GTX980 - now GSCE graphics looks terrible

i just bought a GTX980 and 3x benq 144hz 24" monitors (upgraded from a GTX590) and now the colors in GSCE are all horrid... its as if the gamma and brightness are cranked up and its using 16bit, like the load screens and menus look as it they don't have enough color depth and are looking grainy and pale.

iRacing looks fine, desktop looks fine, GTR 2 Fine.... just GSCE is terrible.

I did a clean install and patched up to 1.21 and ran sync. still no good.

running the 344.80 drivers

and just to add...the performance boost i was hoping to get over the 590 in iRacing and GSCE looks to be sporadic & minimal at best too :(

feeling like i wasted big $$$ for little gains

any ideas on the horid colours ???

Running anisotropic filtering at anything less than 8x will make the road in front of you look extremely loq quality and very low resolution and blurry. Does MFAA make up for this?

Mauricio, what kind of card do you have? I'm extremely surprised that your framerates are dropping so low (eg. 20 fps)..Have you tried setting opponent detail to medium, shadows to medium, circuit detail to medium and anisotrpic filtering to 8x?

Make sure your SCE config screen has Anti-Aliasing set to None. Then set it in your Nvidia control panel. For now, actually, disable AA (set to application controlled) in your Nvidia control panel as well and get back to us :)

My dinosaur spec PC with a 2core & Win-XP running a Nivdia 9800GT . I've never had mind blowing graphics on games but have just tried out the inspector tweaks. It has lowered my FPS but made the game look a lot smoother using this settings show on Steam from Reiza http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391492364, without 2x sparse grid read that can be an FPS killer. I now get 50 mid 60's in game using medium & trilinear, tried some of the settings from http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...st-w-practically-no-image-quality-loss.97304/ but could n't see any real changes, I think the old girl is at it's max now or do think there is a few more tricks in there ?

Edit - 29th May. Now set to AA 4x in inspector all okay, but brain is fried from reading and changing settings over 3 days :whistling:

Last edited:
Mauricio, what kind of card do you have? I'm extremely surprised that your framerates are dropping so low (eg. 20 fps)..Have you tried setting opponent detail to medium, shadows to medium, circuit detail to medium and anisotrpic filtering to 8x?

Make sure your SCE config screen has Anti-Aliasing set to None. Then set it in your Nvidia control panel. For now, actually, disable AA (set to application controlled) in your Nvidia control panel as well and get back to us :)

First of all, thanks for your attention. And I'm as surprised as you are, friend. I have a Radeon R9 270X, 1.0 GHz with 1GB RAM. Maybe SCE doesn't like AMD, eh? Heheh.

I've taken some screenshots of both my catalyst and SCE settings, and the game running with the FPS counter:

SCE Config
Catalyst Config
In-game Settings
Parcticing alone
Full grid race with cars behind me
Full grid race with cars in front of me

Also, I couldn't manage to capture the pop out/pop in effect on those screens, but I can record a video to show that.

Performance goes down to 29 Fps because you have V-sync enabled in SCE config, try without v-sync, or if you have the option in Catalyst Config, choose Adaptive v- sync and try that one.
Adaptive sync is better in terms of fps, because it doesnt half the fps from 60 to 30 fps like normal V-sync, its more flexible, and anything inbetween 60 to 30 fps will be possible.
I have actually a Nvidia GTX 780 Card myself, so i cant check if the Option is available in Catalyst Driver, if not you may try some Radeon Addon tools......

Performance goes down to 29 Fps because you have V-sync enabled in SCE config, try without v-sync, or if you have the option in Catalyst Config, choose Adaptive v- sync and try that one.
Adaptive sync is better in terms of fps, because it doesnt half the fps from 60 to 30 fps like normal V-sync, its more flexible, and anything inbetween 60 to 30 fps will be possible.
I have actually a Nvidia GTX 780 Card myself, so i cant check if the Option is available in Catalyst Driver, if not you may try some Radeon Addon tools......

Turning V-Sync off actually helped a little but you can hardly notice the difference (That is, without actually monitoring the FPS with fraps or other software alike).

I know that SCE uses a (very) modified isiMotor2 engine, but it's just illogical to me that a simpler engine runs with less performance compared to other games, like the said AC and even rFactor 2, in the same machine. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back