• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

New GT Series on pCARS2 using GTO/GT1/GR.C Class? A Discussion

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,067
    Since the best handling cars right now are the GT cars, and a short British GT Season, which avoids any any conflict with another pCARS2 Series here, would be a good thing.
    I figure Saturdays at 4pm US Eastern. Nothing too long.
    Most of the British tracks are laser scanned, but it doesn't have to be confined the them exclusively. These cars have assists naturally, so I'd be down for that. There are three:

Corvette
    BMW
    Porsche (?)

Anyway, they are badass GT cars. Top pf the food chain. And they feel decent enough to drive if multiplayer is decent, and our lobbies are not too big. Another option is the touring cars. There are three or foour and they are very snappy and fun, with good physics. We could run them just about anywhere.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +692
    I don't have pcars 2 and will not be getting it. Thanks for the mention though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigwill369

bigwill369

Ratings:
    +139
    Sounds good but I cannot commit to Saturday’s due to work sorry

• Like Like x 1
  4. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,549
    I haven't driven these cars yet but should be available most Saturdays.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I really hope the improve the physics for the Xbox / TX combination. The GT cars are pretty decent, but nowhere near what PC players describe, with a tire model that feels like it was not designed for open wheel. The patch I downloaded this weekend didn't help. Lobby stability also needs to improve.

6. Don dyleone

Don dyleone

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi my gt is BonkersStu and I wud like to compete in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts

Ratings:
    +1,144
    Is it just the Corvette, Porsche and BMW? I might be down for some races in the Corvette, but Saturdays are hit and miss for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I think a mix of ovals and road courses would be great, assuming we have enough, or want to add A.I. (probably a bad idea). But while the LM GTE cars are better on the road courses, its not a huge gap, like NASÇAR, to the cars I think are perfect for an oval/road course hybrid are either GTO, GT1, or Group C1.

1997 Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA TransAm (GTO)
    [​IMG]

Sauber C9 (Group C1)
    [​IMG]

Porsche GT1
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. iLLmaculate0ne

iLLmaculate0ne

Ratings:
    +5
    Is there any possibility that this is still happening, and if so what do the driver numbers look like currently? I'm an extremely active XBL user, and I'm looking for an active racing league that operates on US EST time zone (or at least something reasonable between 5pm est and 9pm est on weekdays, anytime during weekends)

If anyone can let me know, that'd be great!

10. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    It's just a matter of numbers. So far, I've has some people on XBO mssge say they want to run, and yourself, and a few others who threaten to get the game or have it now. Right now, the issue is really the game itself. I can't find any decent proof that a lobby would be stable enough for a league. Public ones are typically below 10 drivers. Testing by other leagues doesn't work. People always get booted. Last time, they patched it, but I have no idea how this one will turn out.

Also, what is everyone's preference with cars? I thought GTO because of ovals, but the Group C1 (or GR.C group) is fantastic. Almost prefer them to the GTO. The GT1 cars are good too.

11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts

Ratings:
    +1,144
    I've never run a GT1 series.. Those cars are Blazing Fast! Might be pretty exciting..

12. Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Ratings:
    +36
    We ran GT1s in the DSRL, in PCars1 last year. They were a blast. I probably will miss this, due to working on Saturday. I would vote for GTO, as I have yet to see a series with these monsters.

13. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I think Michael is doing LMP1, LMP2, GT3, and LM GTE. So GTO and GT1 are natural extensions. But the C1 class / GT.R cars are awful tempting. Last year they just had the Sauber C9, and leagues ran whole series' with it. I was in one. Now, they have nine cars that are in the same class.

14. iLLmaculate0ne

iLLmaculate0ne

Ratings:
    +5
    Ran Watkins Glen last night for about an hour and a half with 13 of 16 and it was pretty solid. A few blips here and there, but I'm not sure whether that was on my end or the hosts.

15. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    That's indeed good news. I'll post an invite on the SMS forums and see who turns up. Also, I'll put a poll up with three choices -- GTO; Group C1; and GT1. When we get 6-7 I think it's a go. Ovals and Road Courses. If the lobbies are stable, we won't have to worry about the A.I. on ovals (but I will say, I ran with them at 120% skill and 0% aggression (at Indy) and it was a pretty authentic experience. They were still a bit slow, but not bad.

16. Shea Samuels

Shea Samuels

Ratings:
    +2
    I'd be very interested in competing in a GTO, GT1, or Group C league. My GT is Jagdpanther0224.

17. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    Excellent and welcome. Be sure to vote for your preferred car type in the other thread. Thanks.

18. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    Poll up about car type you would prefer. I just posted in SMS forums so we shall see what the interest is. Once people get here, many of the problems I'm reading about can be alleviated if the lobbies are stable.

19. Xcoopz21X

Xcoopz21X

Ratings:
    +7
    GT1 gets a huge vote