1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Gran Turismo wheel. Thrustmaster T500 RS

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Johan Top, Dec 3, 2010.

1. *1080º
    *About 500€ official prize (not confirmed)
    *30cm diameter
    *7kg weight
    *Industrial FF (Par 150 mNm, 3000 rpm, 65 W, 52mm)

2. Ugly looking thing, tbh. Hope those pedals are load celled and hall effected for this price.
  3. They use Halleffect technology,,
    Imo the wheel looks like a racing wheel should look. Simple, no bull**** stuff on it etc.
  4. Any news on a load cell or pressure sensor?
  5. man for 500€ ill buy a G27 and a wheels stand. Thats way to much for that wheel!!
  6. It does seem a bit expensive, but lets wait and see what the full details reveal and I have contacted thrustmaster about a review too. So hope we will find out more soon :)
  7. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

I do not understand. I dont see the wheel on their website. Is there gonna be a shifter?
  8. I'm going to say no, just paddles. But the price is extreme in comparison to who they're competing with...
  9. A shifter was mentioned, but it will be an 'extra'!!!!!!!!!!!! (I.E. MORE COST!!!!!!)
  10. It was noted on GTPlanet that the cost is likely to be a conversion from the Japan price. In Japan (and Australia for that matter), G27's cost 450USD+.
  11. I hope they sell it seperately. As for buying a wheel stand and a G25.. Well i think you missed the specs of this wheel :p

This wheel is comparable to wheels costing $2.000 for the wheel itself. To get pedals and a wheel for $599 is a bargain when you think about it. It uses HAL sensors which is indestructable because they don´t touch anything, it´s magnetic.

The accuracy blows every Logitech and Fanatec wheel like it´s nothing. I have mailed Thrustmaster today asking if they will sell it without the pedals at a lower price so it should be interesting to see.

This wheel seems to be flying under the radar for most people it seems. I can guarantee you that this will plays in it´s own league.
    G25´s and G27´s are a joke compared to this wheel (yes i´ve owned both of them)

I even think G25´s are a joke compared to the Fanatec line. And i´m not that impressed by my V2 after the firmware update which seems to do more damage then good. FF turns on and off when you enter sessions in IRacing etc.

I can´t wait to get my hands on this wheel. This wheel is for sure something very special.
  12. [​IMG]

Copy from InsideSimRacing:

"149 euro only the new wheel to apply on the T500 for the owners,
    599 euros the integral T500 F1
    avaible from 23 september"
  13. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

It is $599 CDN funds. Sim Racing Central have given the wheel a good review. But myself prefer to buy the Fanatec 911GT2 / CS pedals.
  14. Ok, so the features are not bad, but what is the quality like? Does anyone know if it will last longer than an RGT pro?
  15. I wonder if all the dials and buttons function?
  16. Thrustmaster cleverly silent for now :rolleyes:
  17. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Here is a Inside Sim Racing reveiw on the T500 RS.

No Sequential Stick or H gate shifting.