• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

New Gamescom footage from Glencrutchery to Greeba

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by calbear13, Aug 27, 2017.

1. calbear13

calbear13

Ratings:
    +6

This is the only footage I've been able to find from this weekend's Gamescom, and it's a section we've already seen in playable demos.

I want to point out a few things though...

I was at the TT this year and the demo there was very, very rough. It looks like the crash physics have been improved immensely since then. When before we had just the bike coming to a dead stop and bouncing off obstacles, we now have a much improved variation in how crashes happen and look once they do.

It's hard to tell because of the camera, but it looks like whoever was playing the game highsided at Braddan Bridge from too much throttle application. The bike is also wheelying everywhere which makes me think the throttle application physics are much more improved towards some semblance of realism and not the pure arcade thing I saw at the TT.

Finally in terms of physics, near Greeba you can see understeer from the player overcooking the brakes and running straight on which tells me there won't be some miraculous braking/turning going on where some bike games play like you're actually driving a high downforce car. I'm not saying the physics are going to be great but from this video there have been huge improvements in the handling of the bikes in the last 2/3 months.

Other than that, the track itself looks freaking amazing/gorgeous. I think I'll be able to forgive the physics as long as they are passable simply because I'll be able to feel like I'm on the island for the 51 weeks of the year I'm not there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    I am the new Colin Mcrae I am Premium

Ratings:
    +3,054
    Great info. Thanks. My most anticipated game ever. :thumbsup:

The bit through Union Mills is so real looking.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  3. Aaron Smythe

Aaron Smythe

Ratings:
    +84
    No one yet has mentioned dynamic weather ?

4. calbear13

calbear13

Ratings:
    +6
    Not that I've read... though most of what you'd get dynamic weather wise I think would be clouds/fog and maybe a couple damp patches around Laurel Bank/Glen Helen, and maybe between Ginger Hall to Milntown Cottage. They won't have to input rain into the game because the clerk won't ok the race anymore if it's currently raining.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. calbear13

calbear13

Ratings:
    +6
    Also new update that I don't think we've seen yet... I've gotten confirmation from the developers that the game will in fact display corner names/landmarks as you ride past them similar to how TT Superbikes did.

This will be an excellent way for a lot of people to learn the track who aren't completely familiar with it. I think part of the mystique of the TT are all of the named corners/landmarks and their significance. I'm not expecting it to be detailed to the point it'll show things as specific as Kerrowmoar or Alpine Cottage but any landmarks are welcome.

• Agree Agree x 1