New FSR President: John-Eric Saxen

Status
Not open for further replies.
and besides you need to have a rolling paying license to even get into iracing, rf2 does the same, but has a free demo and a paid once lifetime ownership of the game

As I said. it's merely to add differentiation.

Its already quite different doing a 75% than a 100% race. If you dont agree that I suggest you trying to do that, specially in therms of concentration. At the end for me WT were a bit short but WC for me were so long. Also the way to prepare a set up isnt the same with 180L than with 230L.

Dont understand why it has to be differences between categories, specially if we want to see the drivers who are prepared to jump from one category to another (I mean you will never know the real difference between a WS and a WT driver). The car are already equal, it only depends on what you do, not only in your car like F1. If you want differences, then do different cars.

Last edited:
realising something is already good is also an art. Was the system which FSR used last year so bad it needs replacement? Saying that going to iRacing is a step forward is basicly the same as saying the colour of the sky is pink. Also stop pretending that FSR has to live up to alot of outsiders expectations. I never saw the number of spectators rise above 60 during any FSR race. Face it that we are a loving community that love to have the best online racing as possible but following other paths that already have been walked will not create the freshness allot of people hope for. Is it really that bad to stay with rf1 for another year? No. Is it bad to give rf2 a try? No. Is it a bad idea to give everyone KERS except Bono? hmmmmm :p ;)

I don't know if KERS and DRS were already use, but if not I personally would prefer it stays like that (I consider it has killed all the fun in Formula 1).

With tires like pirelli that degradates so fast just doing 5 corners you feel big difference DRS isnt needed, cause tires do the job if you just do 1 lock.

If we move or not I suggest doing tires like this, this year well was quite different cause soft you could push it till 70% very hard then throw it to rubbish lol. Or some drivers were steering too much and havent got degradations problems... Personally I think that making good tires its very important, very sensible to if they slide or blocked. So if you steer and brake correctly the tires life should be ok if not pay the consequences.
Also dont be extreme like rF2 ISI mod that if you dont force the tires in order to not slide you are a snail xD.

With tires like pirelli that degradates so fast just doing 5 corners you feel big difference DRS isnt needed, cause tires do the job if you just do 1 lock.

If we move or not I suggest doing tires like this, this year well was quite different cause soft you could push it till 70% very hard then throw it to rubbish lol. Or some drivers were steering too much and havent got degradations problems... Personally I think that making good tires its very important, very sensible to if they slide or blocked. So if you steer and brake correctly the tires life should be ok if not pay the consequences.
Also dont be extreme like rF2 ISI mod that if you dont force the tires in order to not slide you are a snail xD.
The ISI mod is not that extreme. I drove it in a leauge myself at Portugal (official ISI track) and we ran full race distant without fuel stop. I could make the soft tyres last 20 laps and I was P1 and quicker than the medium and hard tyre runners (some only managed 10 laps). So I guess it is quite close to real F1 at the moment. If you enjoy nursing the tyres like that it is a diffrent question.
If people get on top of it and you don't run super-soft/soft every round, you will still end up with 2 to 4 stop strategies, which is what we see at the moment.
It may spread out the feel a bit, because you don't have to be as fast as possible, but as fast without killing the tyres. It really is no easy and you need to focus an which tyres you can use more and which are limited etc.

I guess it could mix up things in FSR a bit.

The ISI mod is not that extreme. I drove it in a leauge myself at Portugal (official ISI track) and we ran full race distant without fuel stop. I could make the soft tyres last 20 laps and I was P1 and quicker than the medium and hard tyre runners (some only managed 10 laps). So I guess it is quite close to real F1 at the moment. If you enjoy nursing the tyres like that it is a diffrent question.
If people get on top of it and you don't run super-soft/soft every round, you will still end up with 2 to 4 stop strategies, which is what we see at the moment.
It may spread out the feel a bit, because you don't have to be as fast as possible, but as fast without killing the tyres. It really is no easy and you need to focus an which tyres you can use more and which are limited etc.

I guess it could mix up things in FSR a bit.

Also depends how you set the car, Ive seen people locking the tires that could last 12 laps the softer compound in Portugal (Mean the circuit).

About suggestions, I think next one would be more demanding, but what do you think about creating an FSR magazine instead of current news publication? If you want examples, these are about my last year in italian simracing: http://www.f1fullsim.net/redazione/redazione2011/

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/fsr-broadcast-multimedia-team-recruitment.79444/

If you find people to do it, tell them to sign up for the Press Team Members here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/fsr-looking-for-press-team-members.78701/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back