1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New from Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by minidriver, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Hi
    I'm tim from Australia, just getting into sim racing. Have been playing a good amount of DiRT rally on an old Logitech Momo which bar the 270 dor, was a good wheel! Have just bought myself a Thrustmaster TX set and done a $0.75 brake mod already which works well!

Have purchased GSCE and RF2, and am currently trying the F2P part of R3E which at the moment is my favourite sim to drive in. Just their lack of mods and liveries and their payment system is putting me off spending on it, but I know it's worth the money!

So will be looking to race online - what is the go for those from overseas, are their any online races in R3E which suit Australian time? I have to hone my skills against the AI before going online anyway, I'm quite a hack at the moment. Will take a while, have 5 kids, 2 of them 8 weeks old, so don't get much time on the computer to play 'games'.. :(

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful resource that is RD.

Tim.

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Welcome Tim to Race Department. Hope you enjoy your time here and find plenty to interest you.
    You can find out about online races for various games coming up here and how to join in here.
    In the R3E club there some Aussies who get up at ridiculously early times to race with us and if enough of you ask then we would see if we could put a race on to suit that time zone. Don't worry about your pace, club races are about enjoying yourself in a relaxed environment.
    If you have any questions then please ask them as as there are so many knowledgeable people here on RD that are willing to help.
    Have fun at RD.:)

3. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail"

Welcome to RD :thumbsup:

Agree :)

• Love Love x 1
  4. Sniper

Sniper
    Premium Member

Or better still join us in assetto corsa and race with some aussies on Australian servers:)
    Bathurst GT3's this weekend yeah baby

Welcome tim

5. just bought AC today. need to get up to speed!

6. Sniper

Sniper
    Premium Member

once your a premium member feel free to jump in with us aussies on a practice track, just pm me if you want to setup a time to meet some of the guys

• Love Love x 1
  7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hello mate and welcome to RD :D

Hope you have a good time fella, I see we've bullied you into buy AC already :D ;)

Its a great sim community here, I'm sure you will find you get more than your money's worth out of AC both offline and of course more so if you join up with our racing club and do some no pressure friendly club racing.

Have fun and see you around ! :)

Paul

8. Sniper

Sniper
    Premium Member

just a gentle nudge, no bullying here:)

• Like Like x 1