New Formula Two Car to Feature Halo Design, Pictures Revealed

I've made polls on several forums asking who will stop watching F1 because of the Halo. Despite all the ranting the numbers saying they actual wont watch from next year is pretty close to zero.

Nice car though

Although I don't think it looks great it is here and I have always been a F1 fan so I aint changing anytime soon despite appearances.

Just ask yourself if you were driving single seaters and someone told you they had a device although a bit ugly it could save your life, are you are really telling me that you would not want it on your car?

Although I don't think it looks great it is here and I have always been a F1 fan so I aint changing anytime soon despite appearances.

Just ask yourself if you were driving single seaters and someone told you they had a device although a bit ugly it could save your life, are you are really telling me that you would not want it on your car?

I understand where you are coming from Paul but I disagree. There are many safety devices or other things designed to slow or put off motorcycles but I don't want them or use them. There has to some risk in my opinion. But like you said the FIA are trying to protect themselves. In my opinion they should just get a driver to sign a form saying they accept the current risks of open wheel and open cockpit racing. Nothing is forcing these multi millionaires to do anything.
I don't want organising platforms to mess with motorcycle racing and I feel the same with F1. It's as safe as I would like it. Anything more and it's becoming too sanitised.
Cheers
Andy:thumbsup:

Some of the drivers wanted Halo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40681759http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40681759

As for the drivers, while some have made clear their opposition to extra head protection, many leading drivers are in favour - including Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel, Kimi Raikkonen, Daniel Ricciardo and Felipe Massa.
Indeed, but do they actually want it or are they being political and toeing the line for the sake of their careers?

I'm pretty sure all the current F1 drivers would happily race the rest of their careers without the halo.

The FIA is forcing themselves into bankruptcy. Of course, being good bureaucrats, they live of the toil of others, but one day those who do the work (and own the series) will be slapped in the face with reality. This halo will kill the sport. It's forced on a fan base who does not want it.

Think I'm crazy? Ask the NFL. One pampered idiot QB with no skills who makes $5MM a year sits during the national anthem because he hates his country (identity politics is a mental illness) and the NFL does nothing to stop it, so the ratings take a 10% hit. That's massive. Fans are loyal to a fault, but some things will trump that. The halo is that thing.
While the halo isn't beautiful, there's nothing about it that is going to kill the sport, that's just utterly ridiculous.

I understand where you are coming from Paul but I disagree. There are many safety devices or other things designed to slow or put off motorcycles but I don't want them or use them. There has to some risk in my opinion. But like you said the FIA are trying to protect themselves. In my opinion they should just get a driver to sign a form saying they accept the current risks of open wheel and open cockpit racing. Nothing is forcing these multi millionaires to do anything.
I don't want organising platforms to mess with motorcycle racing and I feel the same with F1. It's as safe as I would like it. Anything more and it's becoming too sanitised.
Cheers
Andy:thumbsup:
Totally agree, but I am not going to cut my nose off to spite my face as I love F1.

I think the ultimate answer is liability and the associated cost. If we had a Bianchi situation again and there was a way that could have prevented it the FIA would get there collective asses sued.

Modern life sucks in this regard but it is all about liability, passing the buck and not taking responsibility and mainly not having a financial penalty. We can thank the good old USA for this culture.

giphy.gif

Some of the drivers wanted Halo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40681759http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40681759

As for the drivers, while some have made clear their opposition to extra head protection, many leading drivers are in favour - including Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel, Kimi Raikkonen, Daniel Ricciardo and Felipe Massa.

Strange because initally Hamilton hated it. I think the drivers were beaten and told by the FIA to back it so they did some epic backtracking.

I am personally more outraged by the tarmaccing of The Parabolica at Monza. Another classic corner ruined.

I am personally more outraged by the tarmaccing of The Parabolica at Monza. Another classic corner ruined.

A lot of people tend to forget that the Parabolica was paved to improve safety for bike races at Monza. If you fall off the bike on tarmac, you'll just slide. You fall and hit grass or gravel, you'll start tumbling, which is where injuries comes from.

Well why not run without HANS as well, surely it restricts individual freedom too? And what about seatbelts? Back in the days no driver would have accepted to wear a device that restricts your head movement, but I hear no complaints about that today from either drivers or fans.

That one is quite easy to answer: none of those things made the sport less spectecular to watch or cars ugly looking. An important factor for me - and I am sure I am not alone - is how a racing car looks. So now matter how often people repeat that it is nice for safety reasons, it will harm the sport without a question and cost quite alot of spectators, when in fact it was on the agenda for the new F1 investors to get closer to the fans. Sorry, but I am one of those unloayal fans, watching the sport for over 20 years now. I know I will stop watching when the flipflop makes it's debut simply because it looks ****. Why should I watch something that looks freaking ugly? Do you really think that more people will start watching the races because of HALO? Next to the fact that danger is one of the key elements, that makes racing interesting to watch.

Halo's stupid, open design is the problem.
While something is better than nothing, it's a nonsensical approach to head protection given what is known.
A huge opening right in front of the driver's visor, will do nothing to stop fast moving objects.
At least with the screen, objects could potentially be deflected over the airbox.
I'd rather see a cockpit-styled canopy, than that thing.
It's nothing more than a hardened flip-flop.
It's as useless as a pair of tits on a bull.

Last edited:
CcoeSIIXEAAp3Tl.jpg

Because who needs to be able to see the start lights.

Sweet Jeezus criest that's a hideous wiev, going to puke... Never seen anything shittier thing than that on a racing car. Goddamn what a joke... :thumbsdown:

That's not the driver's view, just a random camera view. The driver sits so deep in the cockpit that he can barely see outside, all the driver will see of the halo is the thin strip in the middle.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.5%