• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

New Formula 1 racing cockpit on the market.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by David B, Jul 27, 2017.

1. David B

David B

Ratings:
    +46
    Hi all,

I am excited to announce their is a new Formula 1 cockpit on the market from Trak Racer.

I have done a first look and unboxing of it.

hope you guys like it and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +310
    Unnecessarily low to the ground and posts before the pedals seem like it would be difficult to climb into for us old folks. Can you add a video showing how you get in/out?

3. Beef36

Beef36

Ratings:
    +9
    I have a Hyper Stimulator (http://www.hyperstimulator.com/2013web/index.php/simulators/extreme-racer) which is similarly low to the ground. I've now tried a lot of rigs and for me it is by far the best of any consumer rig in terms of seating position and feeling like an actual racing cockpit.

But just like an actual open wheeler it's hard to get in and out, and really frustrating when you get into the cocoon then realise you left something outside; having to then worm your way out again.

At least with this Trak Racer you are not wedged in an enclosed cockpit and it looks like you can roll in and out of it which would be easier.

4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +310
    "Help, help! I've fallen and can't get up." :roflmao:

5. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford

Ratings:
    +35
    It doesn't look too low to me, the seat is raised off the floor with plenty of room to to swing your legs in and out.

6. David B

David B

Ratings:
    +46
    I will be doing a full on review, I will add it to that. This should be out sometime in August! I personally don't find it to difficult to get in and out of.

7. signman

signman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    When you get into a single seater or kart you stand in the seat.
    Quite easy then, even for an old codger like me.

Most of the F1 rig's I looked at seemed flimsy and would not take the forces from a decent set of pedal's or DD wheel..I just built my own in 45-90 profile.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  8. David B

David B

Ratings:
    +46
    Please like and subscribe if you like the video. I plan to make more sim racing videos :)