DiRT Rally New FFB patch.

o you may have noticed a small patch for DiRT Rally release today and we are pleased to say that yes... this is the FFB update (otherwise known as v0.4.5).

This latest update has been built off the back of your feedback since launch; it will change how the game communicates to you through your wheel or pad and make everything feel much more intuitive.

Alongside that we’ve also added a whole suite of advanced wheel options to help you fine tune your set up. You can read more info about what we’ve done here.

We’re also pleased to say we’ve included a new batch of supported wheels. If your wheel isn’t on the list don’t worry, we are continuing to work our way down the list and we’ll be adding more as DiRT Rally’s Early Access continues.
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Formula Force EX
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS F1 Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster TX 458
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 FFB
  • Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel (keyboard required for some controls)
  • Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel (keyboard required for some controls)
As ever thank you again for your support, we really hope you enjoy this latest update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot the stupid dropping out of gear does anyone understand that? Has it been acknowledged as a bug? Cool if done right but seriously...wait I think I remember this needs a transmission upgrade? Right?

I think this is completely intentional but in my opinion is a bit too frequent for realism.

Regardless, I noticed that it happens with both autoclutch on and off, but with the autoclutch ON it will rev the engine but keep it in gear so it's easy to miss. With outoclutch off, you actually lose the gear and you are toast.

I actually don't mind the realism of it in the older cars, but while I am getting used to rally, that's the last thing I need so for the time being I am driving with Autoclutch but using the pedal anyway even if it does nothing.

It's be nice if codies let the clutch pedal work even with Auto on so one can practice without constantly getting out of gear. But this would be really low on the whishlist.

@Sk3ptik0n I don't think it's intended as a realism feature. No decently prepared rally car jumps out of gear, most classic rally cars nowadays have fully built gearboxes and are beautifully prepared.

@Sk3ptik0n I don't think it's intended as a realism feature. No decently prepared rally car jumps out of gear, most classic rally cars nowadays have fully built gearboxes and are beautifully prepared.

The thing is, and it's something I never seen been answered at all. The classic cars, are they supposed to be modern built cars for classic specifications, and therefor enjoying the benefits of the modern time. Or are they supposed to throw us back, to how the cars was at the actual time they were made, and by that, also having all the faults that comes along.

From what I've read on the Steam forums, people are saying the gear issue is a problem with a few of Codemasters games. They've known about it for a while from other games and haven't fixed it.

Heh, I've never had any problems in any Codemasters game before when it comes to the car jumping out of gear!

Heh, I've never had any problems in any Codemasters game before when it comes to the car jumping out of gear!
I couldn't say, only other CM game I've played is CMR05. I do know it's a huge issue for myself and many others with regards to Dirt Rally. It's almost unplayable.

As this EA progresses I'm losing hope things will get fixed. Sure, they redid the FFB, but I still say rbr's is better. Aside from content, it's pretty much the same game they started with. Features that are missing, issues with handling and physics, gameplay bugs and bugs in general that were there in the beginning are still outstanding. It seems like all the people they do have working on it, are working on the content packs.

And I was under the impression they were out to make a sim, especially with the one dev claiming how unrealistic rbr actually is. But on their forums, one player that seems to be "in" with the devs is already getting the word out that the devs' intention is to create an "authentic rally experience, not a simulator." Could be something, could be nothing. But other than biglee commenting on random posts here or there, there's not much communication.

Not sure about career mode (still haven't touched it), but in custom events I'm pretty sure the cars are all fully upgraded and have been for a couple patches now. The only time there is a problem is when using an H-shifter + clutch configuration. Never have it popping out of gear or anything in sequential mode. Can also hop in RBR and not have a single dropped or missed gear. I'm more than willing to accept fault when it's my mistake, but there's been many times now I've come up to a corner and I'm on the brakes with the clutch in. Go to downshift and all I get is the grinding noise. So incredibly frustrating.

I am having the same issue...it is a problem that needs to be fixed.

ok I got almost all the feelings of each of the sliders but I cant feel landing a jump thou and I still have to pull hard to straighten up the self alignment still feels reversed (g27 user)
anyone feel like posting there g27 setting for me to try?
for me it was better when I was using one of the mod files
any one planning to play with these new files to improve it ?

I have the exact same experience. It was LOTS better pre-FFB patch with custom XML and some custom settings... The FFB is constantly working against me, pulling me off track instead of centering me... and there is absolutely no feedback in the "center", then you turn a bit, there's nothing... no feedback, then suddenly all the feedback comes on at once. Not giving up yet though...

I have the exact same experience. It was LOTS better pre-FFB patch with custom XML and some custom settings... The FFB is constantly working against me, pulling me off track instead of centering me... and there is absolutely no feedback in the "center", then you turn a bit, there's nothing... no feedback, then suddenly all the feedback comes on at once. Not giving up yet though...

use this http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/impact-force-feedback.107811/

I found the FFB improved a lot with my T500 RS when i went into the windows settings for the wheel and enable the damper setting.

I run with it off for all my other sims but Dirt Rally needs it. Without it on there was no feel for the car at all and i found the FFB pretty poor.

An improve on the original but sorry to see that the effects still feel somewhat canned. Why not use the actual physics output from the suspension data to create dynamic FFB ? It must be available because on the Accuforce wheel we can turn off the game FFB and use the Foundation which is the game physics data and it is raw but feels quite good.

And while on the topic of the Accuforce wheel, how about you guys at CM acknowledge Richard M., who has been emailing you without reply, after he got the wheel working by creating a new config file for it. He can help you and also to get the Advanced options working. Ignoring him is not cool.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back