DiRT Rally New FFB patch.

o you may have noticed a small patch for DiRT Rally release today and we are pleased to say that yes... this is the FFB update (otherwise known as v0.4.5).

This latest update has been built off the back of your feedback since launch; it will change how the game communicates to you through your wheel or pad and make everything feel much more intuitive.

Alongside that we’ve also added a whole suite of advanced wheel options to help you fine tune your set up. You can read more info about what we’ve done here.

We’re also pleased to say we’ve included a new batch of supported wheels. If your wheel isn’t on the list don’t worry, we are continuing to work our way down the list and we’ll be adding more as DiRT Rally’s Early Access continues.
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Formula Force EX
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS F1 Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster TX 458
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 FFB
  • Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel (keyboard required for some controls)
  • Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel (keyboard required for some controls)
As ever thank you again for your support, we really hope you enjoy this latest update.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assure you that tyre/wheel friction has no effect at all when you have the damper set at zero in the TM drivers. That's why CM guides you to use 100% damper in the driver and then adjust it with the wheel/tire friction. :)
I am sure you are right about this, which means I must have only tested adding friction at the same time as adding more SAT, how very unscientific of me :D

I found suspension to clearly alter the strength of the dirt gravel vibration effects. They were very noticeable and basically the slider felt like the old vibration slider.... Too much is definitely annoying because the wheel starts vibrating excessively.

did some more testing today with t300 i tried all ffb settings at 0 and worked through them all 1 by 1 and still no change the only thing i feel is torque of the wheel centering that is it...all the effects are numb including travelling over gravel going off big air jumps hitting trees and barriers flipping the car all numb..as of right now my fav game is boring and so is my wheel.:(

did some more testing today with t300 i tried all ffb settings at 0 and worked through them all 1 by 1 and still no change the only thing i feel is torque of the wheel centering that is it...all the effects are numb including travelling over gravel going off big air jumps hitting trees and barriers flipping the car all numb..as of right now my fav game is boring and so is my wheel.:(

Numb as in you don't feel anything at all? My T500 vibrates and rattles like crazy when driving on gravel if the suspension setting is high. It also jolts in a great way when landing after a jump etc.

Numb as in you don't feel anything at all? My T500 vibrates and rattles like crazy when driving on gravel if the suspension setting is high. It also jolts in a great way when landing after a jump etc.
yea its rubbish when driving in gravel i can feel next to nothing its like im on tarmac..same for when landing off a jump no jolt in the wheel..i tried dirt 2 and 3 works fine on that.

thats it im done with this game for now to me the ffb is awful unresponsive car terrible effects from the surface..the only good thing seems to be weight transfer..ill come back in 6months and see if anything has changed.

im not sure its a good idea that sims rely on the driver damper to work in the driver profiler, before it works in game. I dont have any damper on my wheel as it ruins a majority of game. SOme reason this and RRE want you to have that enabled to work, cant sims have an standalone damper to work?

regarding ffb. i think the feeling on gravel is the best ive experienced, on tarmac still needs work. Ive driven a WRC sti on gravel, and it has quite a loose feel to it, its very unlike driving on a normal road. Your always steering in sharp movements left or right (like in dr) its quite a lot of fun, if you have the bhp behind you.

This update is a big improvement but for some reason my G27 still feels really inconsistent and I don't have enough feel for the car for it to be really enjoyable at all. It just feels a bit odd to me. Does anyone have a G27 setup that works well?

I've tried it for a couple of hours last night with my G25. It improved things but it's still a bit strange. There's no weight to the wheel before the start of the race or when it's centered. I'll try enabling the damper on the Logitech driver to see if it makes it better.

@CCX I'm a G27 user and as much as I can feel some nice FFB effects(under steer feels great) I have to fight the effect so I can straighten up after hairpins it feels awful, so I to need a setup that will fix this it's spoiling the whole game :(

im not sure its a good idea that sims rely on the driver damper to work in the driver profiler, before it works in game. I dont have any damper on my wheel as it ruins a majority of game. SOme reason this and RRE want you to have that enabled to work, cant sims have an standalone damper to work?

regarding ffb. i think the feeling on gravel is the best ive experienced, on tarmac still needs work. Ive driven a WRC sti on gravel, and it has quite a loose feel to it, its very unlike driving on a normal road. Your always steering in sharp movements left or right (like in dr) its quite a lot of fun, if you have the bhp behind you.

If you actually meant WRC and not WRX I'm really jealous ;)

The only improvement for me on my TX was the self aligning torque factor....I have yet to find settings I like so far and a couple of values seemingly do nothing at all it seems, wheel weight for example.

Weirdly I was actually ok with the previous FFB < no idea why lol :D

5 hours till off work...
1 hour dinner with family...
1.5 more hours until kids in bed...
guh.
Hope the wife wasn't looking to hanging out tonight!

I was actually in a really good place with the old FFB in my Forza CSR. The only thing left bothering me was the lack of low speed grip, but that's in all gmotor games, so I should be used to it.

The only improvement for me on my TX was the self aligning torque factor....I have yet to find settings I like so far and a couple of values seemingly do nothing at all it seems, wheel weight for example.

Weirdly I was actually ok with the previous FFB < no idea why lol :D

Wheel friction and tire friction only have an effect if you have damper activated in the TM driver. I bet your is set at zero as mine was ;)

My G27 settings are as follows
Overall Effect Strength : 100
Spring Effect Strength : 0
Damper Effect Strength : 100
Enable Centering Spring Yes - 0%
564 Deg .... tried 900 ... too much work to get the Mini around bends
Allow ingame Yes

Ingame my settings are
60%
45%
65%
65%
60%
60%
These settings feel good ... are a lot of fun to drive ... but I dont know if its because I have not played the game in awhile or the the new settings but I am back to finishing around 5th instead of 1st or 2nd

Also find it more difficult to drive in cockpit cam ... tired the road view ... man thats a lot of fun ... the sense of speed is immense

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back