DiRT Rally New FFB patch.

o you may have noticed a small patch for DiRT Rally release today and we are pleased to say that yes... this is the FFB update (otherwise known as v0.4.5).

This latest update has been built off the back of your feedback since launch; it will change how the game communicates to you through your wheel or pad and make everything feel much more intuitive.

Alongside that we’ve also added a whole suite of advanced wheel options to help you fine tune your set up. You can read more info about what we’ve done here.

We’re also pleased to say we’ve included a new batch of supported wheels. If your wheel isn’t on the list don’t worry, we are continuing to work our way down the list and we’ll be adding more as DiRT Rally’s Early Access continues.
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Formula Force EX
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS F1 Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster TX 458
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 FFB
  • Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel (keyboard required for some controls)
  • Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel (keyboard required for some controls)
As ever thank you again for your support, we really hope you enjoy this latest update.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been tipped to try turning up SAT. seemed like the logical thing to do but i wasnt sure id want to go past 100. i wonder if the default is only good for accuforce-type wheels.

edit -- seems to do it. the difference b/w old/new ffb is pretty astounding. before i would deathgrip the wheel & force so many harsh inputs, right now im barely holding it, mostly just grabbing at it to keep it in line.

Last edited:
FYI -Steering Saturation has nothing to do with FFB.
It only scales your input so if you put it on 50% you reach full lock quicker that's all.

I have messed with the settings but haven't gotten anything I like yet and certainly nothing like AC or RBR.

I get virtually zero feedback from tarmac and my wheel feels very sloppy.

Went back for a stage with RBR and WOOOW , Now that is what I call FFB and Road feel.
With RBR you feel that nice initial inertia coming on in the wheel a few seconds before the start.

The funny thing is that RBR only has one simple adjustment for FFB and it feels soo good.

Codies should put all effort in optimizing the FFB and Road Feel.

After all that's what's keeping RBR alive after all these years and still does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously I am doing something really wrong because it just does not feel right. I have a G27, I have calibrated the wheel for 520, got my G27 Game Profiler at 100, 100, 100 let game change ingame settings checked
I followed Bettalines suggestions ... I actually reduced some more ... wheel feels very sluggish.

Wondering this update does it overide any previous tweeks you did to the FFB?

It will override your previous tweaks, yes. Also, in the profiler you want something like 100/0/100 (or 0)/0/900. That is, make sure spring effect and especially centering spring are set to 0. Codemasters suggested turning damper to 100%, but I didn't like that.

Overall I like the update, gravel feels much better now - much easier to feel the car sliding and to react to it. Tarmac feels weird, though, far too smooth. Setting self-aligning torque to 150% like yusupov suggested helps, but then the wheel gets far too heavy, I think.

I think we are all going to be saying different things depending on which wheel we use.

I tried the T300 so far and the experience is good. Gravel is still better than Tarmac, but there are ways to improve the Tarmac feel if you like (more friction, suspension to 150%, higher slip effects to get more rear grip feel).

I agree that we now feel much more the car momentum and the way the tyres want to go, which is to be expected. A hint more feel for the smaller bumps and Tarmac road surface is all I think could be better.

I also really like the soft lock and driving vintage rally cars with realistic wheel lock, makes life fun and is not something you could do in RBR :)

Bettalines suggestions ... I actually reduced some more ... wheel feels very sluggish.
Obviously I am doing something really wrong because it just does not feel right. I have a G27, I have calibrated the wheel for 520, got my G27 Game Profiler at 100, 100, 100 let game change ingame settings checked
I followed Bettalines suggestions ... I actually reduced some more ... wheel feels very sluggish.

Wondering this update does it overide any previous tweeks you did to the FFB?
as far as i can tell it overrides them yes. how do you mean the wheel feels sluggish?

also, i think you should calibrate it to full rotation, so it will properly match it for each car. as it is you might be very oversteery.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back