F1 2011 New feature for F1 2012

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
i would like my own racing overalls with my name on them , and not the guys i am replacing in the number 2 car at the start of my career if i have to go through the faff of an interview where i have to put in my full name to start with. lol

Definately a parade lap!

What about the lap to take your car out from the garage to your grid spot...people everywhere, mechanics, engineers, celebrities etc even little Bernie walking around on the grid. You have maybe 3 minutes to get your car to grid. It would ad to the atmosphere. Someone holding an umbrella over you.

Definately a warm down lap! I want to be able to do a burnout and doughnut and receive a $$fine. :D

Definately a parade lap!
What about the lap to take your car out from the garage to your grid spot...people everywhere, mechanics, engineers, celebrities etc even little Bernie walking around on the grid. You have maybe 3 minutes to get your car to grid. It would ad to the atmosphere. Someone holding an umbrella over you.

It sounds great, but if you would have to animate all the people that are standing on the grid before the start your FPS would drop so hard that it would become unplayable I think.

That said, it would be awesome to see BBC's Martin Brundle doing his gridwalkRUN and sticking his nose and microphone in between everything that moves/speaks and looks remotely like a F1 driver :D

Please Codemasters :D

-Detachable Rear Wing (totally absurd that it's not !)
-Formation lap
-False starts
-Pre-season tests
-That may be a very hard work but make a F1 Challenge-like game, which combines F1 2010 & F1 2011 content.. And it would be logical for Career mode :rolleyes:

f1 2012 game.

Do the grid build up with a cinematic, better than nothing.
It sounds great, but if you would have to animate all the people that are standing on the grid before the start your FPS would drop so hard that it would become unplayable I think.

That said, it would be awesome to see BBC's Martin Brundle doing his gridwalkRUN and sticking his nose and microphone in between everything that moves/speaks and looks remotely like a F1 driver :D

f1 2011 is fab but cinematics could be alittle longer, possibly do a cinematic for grid build up then allow us to drive the car to grid in 2012. This woul solve the frame rate drop, got to be better than nothing.

Formation lap
Spectating Others in Practice,Qualifying, and Replays,Online and Offline
Saving Replays

If these 3 features aren't in F1 2012 I won't buy it.F1 2011 is really good but not great because it doesn't have these 3 features.With the mods for F1 2011, who needs F1 2012 without these 3 simple features? It will just be the same as F1 2011 with new cars and drivers and we can add that to F1 2011 ourselves.I'm not gonna spend $50 for 1 new track in Russia,just not worth it.The Russian Track will be in rFactor 2 way before F1 2012 is released anyway.

CM should link up with Sport Interactive (the makers of the Football Manager series) and develop a proper development system where by:

Drivers get better and worse over time, get older and eventually retire.
Drivers have noticeable personalities and handle things like the media, contract negotiations and so on in different ways
Drivers change teams following good years or contract negotiations
Newly generated drivers get made up with varied personalities and are able to develop through career mode as the older ones retire
Bigger pool of existing drivers (e.g. test drivers) who can also be brought in if someone is performing terribly
Driver feuds
Etc etc etc.

If Sports Interactive can do this almost perfectly in the FM series, surely there's no reason the same system couldn't be applied to an F1 game, especially considering the scale is soooo much smaller than the millions of players/staff they have on the FM games.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%