GT5 New Feature: B-Spec Seasonal Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have started the distribution of B-Spec events in the Online Seasonal Events of Gran Turismo 5, in addition to the current A-Spec races.

In B-Spec you take on the role of race director and guide your B-Spec drivers in real time during races.

You can participate in these events from [GT Mode] - [GT Life] - [Seasonal Events].

Seriously... do we really need this? Was it something people have been asking for? No on both counts. In my view a completely pointless new feature, much the same as B-Spec as a whole to be honest.

I don't see what the fuss is about, you don't lose anything by it being there and a lot of people do enjoy the game mode.

It's called an opinion, not a fuss. It takes time and manpower to develop and implement new features like this. That time would be better spent fixing the games numerous problems and adding basic functionality which has been asked for time and again since last November.

I don't mind the B Spec Seasonal Events. I just feel now is not a good time to add them. They should be adding the interiors for standard cars, fixing bugs and making online as good as possible before adding features which not everyone will use.

It's called an opinion, not a fuss. It takes time and manpower to develop and implement new features like this. That time would be better spent fixing the games numerous problems and adding basic functionality which has been asked for time and again since last November.
Sure it does, but it does not really take time for them to add an event (that had been widely asked for) with the already developed feature.

I don't like the B-spec mode either, it is useless to me. But its in the game and a lot of people like it, adding events for it does not detract from new features, development, bugfixing or content.

Sure it does, but it does not really take time for them to add an event (that had been widely asked for) with the already developed feature.

Of course it does. Someone has to make the event and test it (assuming they do any testing... recent events suggest not), and that team could be doing something more useful. Also, while one community may have been wanting for this, there was no evidence of it being 'widely asked for' on the official GT5 forums. That's where they should be looking for ideas, as there are plenty of other things they've apparently been ignoring for 12 months. Some of them would be just as 'quick' to implement as this supposedly was.

GTPlanet has far more members and traffic than any other GT (or gaming/sim racing for that matter) site and is the site that Kaz keeps an eye on, a lot of people had been asking for B-spec events, I am very active on those forums and I saw it a lot. It really cannot take them much time to decide "this track, this is the restriction, this is the prize".

Whats more, they are fixing things as they go along anyway. You have to understand that it could take them an hour to add a B-spec event that people have been asking for, but it could take them weeks to come up with a fix for a bug, or months for new content/features. B-spec is already a fully developed and functioning feature within the game, why do they have to test it? For all you know they could just randomly generate it like an arcade event. I'm pretty sure they put some thought into it, but the B-spec events are very generic, 400pp, 500pp, 650pp - 3 track choices and away you go.

Its not like they can just magically fix all these problems, they are aware of them, people shout it at their faces all the time, Kaz is active on twitter and replies to questions that gamers give him. He is fully aware of what people want and what issues are with the game, but that doesnt mean he can just fix them just like that. But a B-spec event? that he can do, because it requires little to no work.

Thanks, but I really do not need a lecture in how game development works or how you believe PD conduct their business (pure speculation on your part). I am well aware of how things are and are not done, but you are not going to persuade me to agree with you. The simple fact is that there are plenty of near-fanboys out there that will forgive the almighty Kaz and PD regardless of what they do.

The order of priority should be to fix ALL known bugs first and worry about new features, worthless pixel crack and paid DLCs later. Twelve months to fix things like the F10's aero bug and the reversed ride heights? Please. Those could and should have been fixed a long, long time ago. And before you say anything, those are just two examples. I have no intention of regurgitating all of the things that have been posted and apparently ignored over the last year. Many are so-called 'simple fixes' yet we're still waiting.

I am not saying that PD is any worse than any other company out there, but there sure as hell aren't any better and their priorities are all wrong in my opinion.

Thanks, but I really do not need a lecture in how game development works or how you believe PD conduct their business (pure speculation on your part). I am well aware of how things are and are not done, but you are not going to persuade me to agree with you. The simple fact is that there are plenty of near-fanboys out there that will forgive the almighty Kaz and PD regardless of what they do.

The order of priority should be to fix ALL known bugs first and worry about new features, worthless pixel crack and paid DLCs later. Twelve months to fix things like the F10's aero bug and the reversed ride heights? Please. Those could and should have been fixed a long, long time ago. And before you say anything, those are just two examples. I have no intention of regurgitating all of the things that have been posted and apparently ignored over the last year. Many are so-called 'simple fixes' yet we're still waiting.

I am not saying that PD is any worse than any other company out there, but there sure as hell aren't any better and their priorities are all wrong in my opinion.
No need to get aggressive, I was just stating the facts. There are 6 million + GT5 owners and they all want different things. There are a massive list of issues in every game, and in no different way to GT5 none of them do things much different.

You can look at a load of other games that never get things fixed (F1 2010?), to fix F1 2010 I had to buy F1 2011, which has its own bugs that won't likely be fixed. It is a FACT that creating a B-spec event is nothing in comparison to fixing a bug, even if it is the smallest of bugs. PD wouldn't have won any popularity contests but they could have done just like most other game companies and not bothered updating and fixing it constantly for a year after release. It is never going to be fully fixed, and some of the obvious problems you notice might not be fixed, but that is too no different to other games.

I have nothing to forgive Kaz or PD for, I paid £39 for one of the best racing games (or games in general) i've played, it isnt perfect by a long way but it cost me a lot less than what i've paid for other games (WoW, iRacing, Rift). We aren't paying a subscription for GT5, yet they have been fixing and updating it in a similar manner to many of the games I have/do pay subscriptions for, all of which still have a long list of bugs and problems that are not fixed while they release new content.

Lastly, like I said, I dont actually like or use the B-spec feature, but a load of people were really pleased that they had in their eyes "finally" put up a B-spec seasonal event. I'm not trying to make you agree with me, you made it pretty clear how you feel in your first post, I'm perhaps trying to suggest looking at it with a more open-minded view on the bigger picture.

As I have already stated, I don't need lectures so I will not be reading all that. Since you don't work for PD and don't know Kaz personally, you are not stating facts. You are stating your opinion, just as I am stating mine. I'm glad you're happy with the way PD have been doing things, but I am not. As you can see from the official forums and from this thread, I am not the only person that is unhappy, just as you are not the only person which is happy. Such is life.

You can continue coming up with 'reasons' and excuses if you like, but I will not sign up to your way of thinking. End of story.

As I have already stated, I don't need lectures so I will not be reading all that. Since you don't work for PD and don't know Kaz personally, you are not stating facts. You are stating your opinion, just as I am stating mine. I'm glad you're happy with the way PD have been doing things, but I am not. As you can see from the official forums and from this thread, I am not the only person that is unhappy, just as you are not the only person which is happy. Such is life.

You can continue coming up with 'reasons' and excuses if you like, but I will not sign up to your way of thinking. End of story.

As I said, there is no need for you to be aggressive, this was meant to be a discussion, not an attempt to change your view, but it seems you are unable to discuss a point of view that does not agree with your own.

As I said, there is no need for you to be aggressive, this was meant to be a discussion, not an attempt to change your view, but it seems you are unable to discuss a point of view that does not agree with your own.

The only aggression being shown here is your attempt to force your opinion onto others. Presenting your personal opinions as fact isn't a discussion, it's arrogance. Differences of opinion are a fact of life. You need to accept that fact, respect the opinions of others whether you agree with them or not, and move on.

The only aggression being shown here is your attempt to force your opinion onto others. Presenting your personal opinions as fact isn't a discussion, it's arrogance. Differences of opinion are a fact of life. You need to accept that fact, respect the opinions of others whether you agree with them or not, and move on.

This isnt just about opinions, it was about opinions, facts, observations, experiences, looking at things with the bigger picture. You made a thread about this, which means you wanted to discuss it. A discussion thread isnt meant to be a place where you just say a load of stuff and then expect a pat on the back, you made the thread and you should expect people to discuss it, to parry a point of view.

Instead you have just ignored even considering what i'm saying and instead adopted a view of "la la la la i'm not listening" instead of replying to what I say in the conversation.

If it was only about opinions then the whole discussion would be pointless, an opinion is a view, some of what I stated were facts or observations of a situation. A good discussion would end in agreement on both parts or atleast an agreement to disagree, but you have so far simply disagree'd to even let the discussion take place. So what is the point of the thread?

Oh, get over yourself Ryan. Trying to make me look bad by getting personal is just plain pathetic.

I've made my opinion on this matter abundantly clear, as have you. I understood your position the first time without your numerous so-called 'facts', after which I made abundantly clear that I still disagree with you. What is it that you find so impossibly hard to accept about that? Why should I have reiterate everything I say multiple times just because you can't accept the fact that I do not agree with you? I respect your opinion, but that does not mean that I have to agree with it in any way, shape or form, any more than you have to agree with mine.

I do agree with you on one point though. This thread is now pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 59 6.5%