New F1 wheel from the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 17730
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17730

• Deleted member 17730

Russel Hodgson has revealed his Z1 Sim Wheel, a customizable F1-look addon wheel for Logitech’s G25/G27 and the Thomas Superwheel.

Below are photos of a first prototype, the wheel will be available in a few weeks starting at around $400. The Z1 Sim Wheel website will allow customers to customize their wheel as buyers can choose from various options regarding the features and used materials, influencing the final price.

The wheel is compatible to all major simulations and comes with plenty of features as listed below.

Features

- SLI-Pro display
- Up to 14 buttons
- Up to 6 rotary switches
- Paddle shifters
- Clutch paddles (using Hall effect sensors)
- USB Connection to your computer
- Suede, rubber or plastic grips
- Carbon Fiber front panel​

Whats the value of all these switches/buttons, is it just for show or do they serve a real purpose? I Have a TSW and I just got it updated to completely digital with encoders...etc....I have had my wheel for 8 years, i love its feel and function.....what does this wheel offer other then bells and whistles?

Upvote 0
And the key is , its all looks. I don't know about you but when i drive i never look at what my wheel is doing...lol. I would never pay $800 for aesthetics! I guess some folks will though!!

Upvote 0
Not certain, but I am sure that there are folks out there that put all those options to use. I can think of a few things that would be nice to have on the wheel. For instance if there were a rotary switch that would adjust the brake bias and keep the setting the same for every vehicle, that would be nice. Having buttons available for each of the quick chat options would be nice. A rotary switch for brake pressure. Another for wing angles. Would be able to do a lot of adjusting while you had the car on the track that way.

Upvote 0
I have talked to folks that have paid $1,500.00 US for just the wheel assembly, and I am talking about the complete wheel, not just what you grab onto :) They have then gone on to pay near $1,000.00 US for the pedal assembly. That is one expensive wheel and pedal setup, and it had absolutely no FFB. So it all comes down to what you want to do with your money while you have it. If you have the money to spend on the wheel and you want it, you might just spend $800 in order to get what you want.

Upvote 0
I have talked to folks that have paid $1,500.00 US for just the wheel assembly, and I am talking about the complete wheel, not just what you grab onto :) They have then gone on to pay near $1,000.00 US for the pedal assembly. That is one expensive wheel and pedal setup, and it had absolutely no FFB. So it all comes down to what you want to do with your money while you have it. If you have the money to spend on the wheel and you want it, you might just spend $800 in order to get what you want.

I can understand that those who got the money and want it will go and buy it but if you got and compare other wheels and even self made wheels then I belive that the value of this wheel is a bit over priced. But to hear that there is no FFB then I say good bye to this wheel as a hardcore sim-racer.

Upvote 0
I can understand that those who got the money and want it will go and buy it but if you got and compare other wheels and even self made wheels then I belive that the value of this wheel is a bit over priced. But to hear that there is no FFB then I say good bye to this wheel as a hardcore sim-racer.

Georgios, it goes onto a G27 chassis mate, so there is FFB. Its just an add on wheel to replace the stock on. ; )
Regards
George

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

ok so the buttons are for on the fly adjustments....makes sense, but $800 is a steep price to pay...
Take a look at any custom wheel from Cube or the plexiglass ones on here and they all run more than $400USD. I know that Cube's wheels run at least $900USD and that is before shipping to the US so in comparison these are cheap. Some people want this stuff on their wheels to make it more realistic and since not everyone can afford to race in real cars, they will do the next best thing.
For $800 I could go and buy a racing rig instead of a single wheel. 800 is to much for a single wheel no matter how many buttons it has.
Here is a simple racing rig for a less then half the price of that wheel, http://gameracer.co.uk/detail.aspx?ID=105 .
This is actually a decent price for a wheel that can do mostly everything you want. Yes you could buy a cheaper one but you pay for quality.

Upvote 0
Look at the ARC Team wheels. They run 1500 Euros!

This guy lives in my state not to far from me. I will be receiving one shortly for review. I will give you a link to RSC to the review when it is complete.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

This guy lives in my state not to far from me. I will be receiving one shortly for review. I will give you a link to RSC to the review when it is complete.
I can't wait to hear about it. :)

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

Have you received your wheel yet?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

Starting at $400 and high as $800 WTF??????????? Is there lots of people out there modding their wheels?
Dude that isn't that expensive compared to other wheels on the market. Yes there is a community for it or people wouldn't be offering them for sale.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

I'm fairly new to all this. I thought i was splurging when i bought my G27 At $400. lol! :D
That is just the beginning. You'll see people on this site with motion simulators, custom wheels, custom pedals and more. Sim racing is almost as expensive as owning a real car (without the insurance). :p

Upvote 0
Look at it this way: you can do it, no problems. However, how much time will it take for you to make the product? Do you know the dimensions, steps, materials required to make a wheel, pedals, cockpit? I make things by myself because I have the time and knowledge, but for people that just want to plug and play this is an excellent choice. Try to look for all the parts and CNC by yourself. This is worth the price.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years