Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Cupra e-Racer 1.jpg Cupra e-Racer 2.jpg
The first images of the new electric touring car racer from SEAT Sport, the Cupra e-Racer has been revealed ahead of the new series debut next year.

Designed under the brand new E TCR regulations, an electric off shoot of the popular TCR rule set devised by former World Touring Car Championship chief Marcello Lotti, the Cupra e-Racer will officially be launched to the world press at the Geneva Motor Show next week.

Expected to produce in the range of 670hp at peak power performance, the Cupra e-Racer is the first electric touring car to break cover following the recent revelation of an electric equivalent of the TCR Touring Car concept, somewhat mirroring the order of events from back in the launch period of TCR, when again SEAT proved to be the first out of the blocks with the launch of their then new TCR León Cup Racer spec machine.

Little is yet known about either car or series, however expect plenty more news and announcements to follow in the coming weeks and months...

For more from the world of motorsports, check out the Motorsport Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment - go on, get involved in the conversation now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the look of the Cupra e-Racer? Can touring cars provide a good fit for electric racing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Looks cool, and certainly seems like an interesting idea. TCR cars all sound rubbish so making them electric isn't going to hurt. I'm excited for the future of motorsport.

Spectacular design! I love it.

The future of motorsport is electric?
So be it, BUT I WANT MODDED ENGINE SOUNDS at least :D vacuum cleaner sound just destroys the fun.

I like it and actually think a touring car series with electric power is a much better shout than something like Formula E or WRX, so long as it is alongside traditional touring car series and not replacing them.

Interested to see how it goes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back