1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New DTM demo available

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Peter, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

It's weird, the pre-order is 34.95 euros but when you go through checkout it goes up to 39.95...

Downloading the demo now, thanks Peter!

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Too expensive

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. The game comes out December 5th or this thursday if your interested

5. Is there a way to adjust the AI's strength in the demo? I can blow by them on the straights like they are tied to a tree. Once I pass them they will hang with me for a while.

6. Its adaptive so do 3 times 5-10 laps and it must be on your level.

7. anyone having performance problems with this? previous dtm demo and r3e work smooth at 60 fps, this runs at 10 fps

8. Thanks for the info, Peter.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  9. Performance issues here too, new download runs very slow had to alter video settings to medium to get a decent frame rate but loss of quality in doing so. 60 fps on high settings on previous demo. don't understand why.

10. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

try shadow split off and use redused cubmaps

11. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Exactly the same for me. :(
    I've uninstalled the latest demo and will try re-installing again today. Then, I'll try turning down the video settings to see if it improves, but it was very stuttery in places. The first demo was fine, so I can only assume that maybe the addition of the AI cars is causing it. :unsure:

BTW, do I need to remove the previous demo or can I just rename it to use that one for comparison (and the Hockenheim track)?

12. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I have both installed and they seem to work fine together.

13. Hi,Thanks peter but I had just altered the custom settings and it runs something like now!
    I then tried your suggestions but those made it worse. getting 55-58 fps & constant 60fps in replays. Will more than likely download the full version on digital this Thursday if released.

14. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Thanks Andrew.
    Did you rename the first Demo before installing the latest one, they both seem to have the same name? Or are both of yours installed to the same Folder, and the new one just overwrites the first one???

15. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

They installed to different places automatically - I did NOT remove the old demo first; I just renamed the shortcuts so I know which one is Hockenheim and which is Oschersleben.

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

That's strange, because shadow split and cubemaps decreases the fps with 20 each.

The only extra I do is using 1 pre-rendered frame.

17. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Struggling to hold 60fps @ 1080 with a GTX780 here on max settings.

18. Pre-render frames to 1 helped eliminate micro-stutters in RRRE for me.

19. Pre-rendered frames? I do not understand.

20. Its a setting in the Nvidia control panel. The ATi cards have a different term for it.