1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New driver - a few questions

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Fatalist88, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Good evening all,

Today I decided to donate to Reiza - and in return I received a code for Stock Car Extreme.

I am a keen sim racer, using iRacing and Assetto Corsa so after watching Empty Box's video on what was going on, I thought it seemed like a no brainer!

But, I have some issues.

1. Graphically the game is fairly poor - I am going to fine tune them soon using nVidia Inspector - but is this something that they are working on?

2. I am using a G27 wheel - I have followed the some what brief setup thread on this forum, but it still feel fairly 'loose' and 'vague' - do any fellow G27 users have any advice?

3. I am also using a set of Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals and I am having a hard time with the braking, is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

If you've got this far - I thank you!

I would also like to state this is not a moaning thread, just trying to get the best out of it.

Many thanks
  2. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

3. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Well, maybe just wait a few more min ( or a day or so ) , and other RD's will give you a hand, so to say. :)
    The game itself is good. Some say, very good. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I shall indeed wait, I see really good potential with this game - and I do understand the hype!

Thanks again.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Run DSR X3 and nvidia control panel and you wont have poor graphics anymore :)
  6. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

x3 dsr with x2 AA
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Hey there, I hope you enjoy the game :)

As for graphics, please check this guide to help you out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391492364

While our game will never look as shiny as AC or PCars, it can indeed look pretty nice!

As for the G27, we do have a FFB philosophy, so to speak, that FFB should be a bit lighter, with as few canned effects as possible, to be more realistic. We understand that this may go against intuition - usually people think that the heavier the FFB, the "better" it is. But if you give our settings a try, we hope that you'll understand what we mean.

Thanks for your purchase :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JoelGL

Premium Member

As you advance further and start getting some mods, be aware too that FFB may vary, depending on how the mod's were created, so sometimes you may have to adjust strength a bit. But generally, not much. Realfeel also works great.
  9. Try these settings in Inspector and Also DSR 4x 100% in Nvidia control panel.

• Beer Beer x 2
  10. xnorb

Premium Member

Giving us the option to pick the time of day ourselves has a downside:
    At some times the graphics look flat and boring, at others they look awesome.
    Try out 17:00, with the low sun it looks really nice IMO.

Regarding FFB:
    I lowered the FFB to 75% in AC (in car setup screen) and i just now start feeling the car, before that i think i lost lots of informations due to clipping?
    In GSCE i get quite a good feeling from the cars with my G27.

Regarding the brakes: There's a brake power slider you can adjust.
    (Gosh, how much i wish that would be in AC's car setups...)
  11. Where do you find DSR option?
    Is it in nvidia control panel? If that's in nvidia control panel and I use nvidia inspector, which of the two does the game obey?
  12. Whenever I see Niels straining himself with his brutal FFB, I don't know if its a circus act or for physical exercise purposes or what is it... It sure isn't realism. I don't understand why would a guy, who is dedicated to simulating reality as accurately as possible, use unrealistic FFB forces... :)

Sorry for a bit of an off topic.
  13. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

control panel in the main system panel. Then select the upgraded resolution in GSC video config.
  14. Thanks for the info.
    I have sli and triples. I'm thinking the DSR option may not work in those conditions
    I'll give it a try once I'm home
  15. DSR doesn't work with Nvidia Surround.
  16. I only purchased this myself,Sunday just gone,thanks for the tips all,cracking game by the way,
  17. Hi, I recently made a level 5 pledge and have received my Beta key for Steam. I am under the impression I get the choice of a Steam or Non Steam copy of Stock Car Extreme and Formula Truck (although I have not received anything about those yet?). My question is; what are the pro's and con's of the Steam vs the Non Steam copy?

Thanks in advance
  18. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Steam tends to be more hassle-free regarding updates - it'll automatically update the game for you, whereas on the non-Steam copy you need to do it manually.

People who choose the non-Steam copy usually want exactly that kind of control over updating, and/or dislike running a separate program with social features they might not want.
  19. Thankyou. :)