New driver - a few questions

Good evening all,

Today I decided to donate to Reiza - and in return I received a code for Stock Car Extreme.

I am a keen sim racer, using iRacing and Assetto Corsa so after watching Empty Box's video on what was going on, I thought it seemed like a no brainer!

But, I have some issues.

1. Graphically the game is fairly poor - I am going to fine tune them soon using nVidia Inspector - but is this something that they are working on?

2. I am using a G27 wheel - I have followed the some what brief setup thread on this forum, but it still feel fairly 'loose' and 'vague' - do any fellow G27 users have any advice?

3. I am also using a set of Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals and I am having a hard time with the braking, is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

If you've got this far - I thank you!

I would also like to state this is not a moaning thread, just trying to get the best out of it.

Many thanks

poor...?!
x3 dsr with x2 AA
2r3c8yo.jpg

o0vwae.jpg

Hey there, I hope you enjoy the game :)

As for graphics, please check this guide to help you out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391492364

While our game will never look as shiny as AC or PCars, it can indeed look pretty nice!

As for the G27, we do have a FFB philosophy, so to speak, that FFB should be a bit lighter, with as few canned effects as possible, to be more realistic. We understand that this may go against intuition - usually people think that the heavier the FFB, the "better" it is. But if you give our settings a try, we hope that you'll understand what we mean.

Thanks for your purchase :)

As you advance further and start getting some mods, be aware too that FFB may vary, depending on how the mod's were created, so sometimes you may have to adjust strength a bit. But generally, not much. Realfeel also works great.

Giving us the option to pick the time of day ourselves has a downside:
At some times the graphics look flat and boring, at others they look awesome.
Try out 17:00, with the low sun it looks really nice IMO.

Regarding FFB:
I lowered the FFB to 75% in AC (in car setup screen) and i just now start feeling the car, before that i think i lost lots of informations due to clipping?
In GSCE i get quite a good feeling from the cars with my G27.

Regarding the brakes: There's a brake power slider you can adjust.
(Gosh, how much i wish that would be in AC's car setups...)

we do have a FFB philosophy, so to speak, that FFB should be a bit lighter, with as few canned effects as possible

Whenever I see Niels straining himself with his brutal FFB, I don't know if its a circus act or for physical exercise purposes or what is it... It sure isn't realism. I don't understand why would a guy, who is dedicated to simulating reality as accurately as possible, use unrealistic FFB forces... :)

Sorry for a bit of an off topic.

Hi, I recently made a level 5 pledge and have received my Beta key for Steam. I am under the impression I get the choice of a Steam or Non Steam copy of Stock Car Extreme and Formula Truck (although I have not received anything about those yet?). My question is; what are the pro's and con's of the Steam vs the Non Steam copy?

Thanks in advance

Steam tends to be more hassle-free regarding updates - it'll automatically update the game for you, whereas on the non-Steam copy you need to do it manually.

People who choose the non-Steam copy usually want exactly that kind of control over updating, and/or dislike running a separate program with social features they might not want.

Steam tends to be more hassle-free regarding updates - it'll automatically update the game for you, whereas on the non-Steam copy you need to do it manually.

People who choose the non-Steam copy usually want exactly that kind of control over updating, and/or dislike running a separate program with social features they might not want.

Thankyou. :)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back