New Cube Maps

So, for example you wanted more shine. You make 10 copies of the CAR_CUBE_more_shiny.dds and rename them as above and insert into your Teams folder?!!

Am I along the right lines?

It's necessary that you make a folder Teams (if you don't have) in this path \Steam\steamapps\<Your User>\race 07\Gamedata\Teams

and put in this folder one of the 3 files (what you want)and rename it in EMAP.dds .

If you want "more effect" , you can put club maps files and rename it in this way :

EMAP.dds
EMAP_ALUMINIUM.dds
EMAP_CARBON.dds
EMAP_CHROME.dds
EMAP_COCKPIT_ALUMINIUM.dds
EMAP_COCKPIT_CARBONE.dds
EMAP_COCKPIT_CHROME.dds
EMAP_COCKPIT_GLASS.dds
EMAP_COCKPIT_INT_GLASS.dds
EMAP_COCKPIT_PAINT.dds
EMAP_COCKPIT_PLASTIC.dds
EMAP_GLASS.dds
EMAP_PAINT.dds
EMAP_PLASTIC.dds
EMAP_RIM.dds

Is that meant to be miss spelt?

Is that meant to be miss spelt?

Nope. I just had a look for myself. It should be: EMAP_COCKPIT_CARBON.dds

I'm not sure it would be good to replace all of them though, they seem to be different for a reason. If you replace them, then absolutely everything is going to have the same cubemap, so even plastic stuff will shine like metal.

I'll just stick with EMAP and EMAP_PAINT for now. Maybe some other cubemap files would be suitable replacements for the rest.

Edit: Maybe using the "more shiny" cubemap for the rims will look nice. To do that place it in teams folder and call it "EMAP_RIM.dds".

I've tried it out and it all looks cool. Plastic does look like plastic, metal looks like metal and so on. Not a huge change I have to admit though..

Doesn't affect fps either :D

the light reflection is look like GT5 :)
That's exactly what I was thinking! :p
GT5's cars looked great because of the lighting (and basically everything else) and these cubemaps really help with the game, but you would notice it in FBMWs for example. You have to get the balance right though, I noticed some issues:

One of 6e66o's ones (more shiny I think) made the gravel traps appear as roof slates, I don't know why, just big black slates. Also, Alien's "sky" ones cause some of the cars to appear like chrome O_O

But these are worth the time. They are amazing.

• Bert Van Waes

I will check it out, but i must say i'm blown away by the effects...

This makes it look like the game's made on a 2 year newer engine, it looks like so much better. Beautiful find!!

edit:

i checked if the gravel is ok and it is here on my version. I use the more shiney one and installed them the way smbd told it here: club them together. I did it excactly the same way and no shiney plastic or what so ever. They all now just have a new way off being "ligthened" upon, the materials don't change.

Great little mod. Maybe the best non track/car mod.

Idiot alert :(
I cant find the download and i dont have a clue what to do. It could just as well be in Latin. Would somebody please be kind enough to make the required files and upload it in its folders etc. I think i would have more luck doing a heart transplant than figuring this thing out. Its not that i am lazy, i seriously dont trust myself to not fluff up the program and files

@above: at bottom of the page: download: (ctrl+f ftw)

Only need to replace 1 cube file? Orrrrr the entire folder with 256px-100% etc in it too? :S

Either and or i guess. Seems they are made for RF/Race07 and GTR.

I must admit its alot easier if you sit and re-read everything. Finally figured it out. Looks good.

Now the question is: Can i copy these same files into RF and keep the names. Will they work

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back