1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New build Release Notes

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Onno Naber, Apr 26, 2011.

1. :letsgoracing:
  2. Bring it on.

I can't wait to 'trigger a meatball'.

3. Hmmm I can feel a night race event coming on :)
  4. +1 ! "Call the Ball"
  5. Yea next week Sebring at night in the new nationwide without lights :)
  6. At night, in the dark! Oh Yea!
  7. why sebring though? Quite an odd choice as the first road course. Why not something more popular like say, Spa, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock or Road A.?
  8. I'd say that Sebring is one of the most popular road courses in America, and cetainly the one that moat would instantly associate with night racing.
  9. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

The biggest news for me is the new SDK. Owners of SLI Pro will rejoice once EK gets the hands on the new SDK. Amazing stuff coming our way with the right n left display and also leds.
  10. Sebring rocks!
  11. I guess you're not familiar with the '12 Hours of Sebring' race then, lol.

That might explain the reasoning behind iRacing's choice of track to debut their night driving.
  12. Ahh thanks for the clarification :)
  13. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

No need to quote the whole thing i suppose but i was amased by how cool this feels and looks..did you one of you tried this in the new build? So much about night racing but this deserves some attention to imo. I am amsed by how a little bump became a serious hill.

clip removed
  14. video is gone already, I think he uploaded a different one (see the iracing thread, second or third post down) - this was in beta for a little while - I've been using it at ~50% and I think it gives a better experience.
  15. Thanks for the tip guys, great feature,give it a try at lime rock,you can really see the effect on the uphill section!!!
    Got these settings from the iracing forum:

Change the lines in the app.ini file to this (it's in the iracing folder in your documents, use notepad or something)

DriverHeadHorizon=1.000000 ; Percent to allow the drivers head to stay level with the horizon when the car tilts.
    DriverHeadNoPitch=1.000000 ; Percent to allow the drivers head to stay level with the horizon when the car pitches.
    DriverHeadWobble=doesn't matter ; Percent to allow the drivers head to wobble when going over bumps.

Thanks for sharing :thumb:
  16. Whilst these settings won't be everyone's cup of tea, with a bit of tweaking you can get the effect to be just to your liking and IMO it adds yet more immersion to the iRacing driving experience.

Just been tweaking the numbers to suit me personally and have taken the Star Mazda for a spin around Laguna Seca and you can really begin to appreciate the elevation changes on the track more than ever, both uphill and downhill.

17. nice Daz, what settings are you using mate?
  18. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

Made a clip myself with the effect. Star Mazda at Laguna Sega bit of a messy lap with 1.20.2 but may give an idea of how it looks.

19. Nice vid Lars I really like this "'new"' effect,gives so much more buzz to this sim (anybody willing to share there settings so I can do some more tweaking and testing)

Thanks !!