New BugBear Game 'StuntFest '- First Playable Version Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Stuntfest Released.jpg

The first playable version of Next Car Game Wreckfest developer Bugbear Entertainments new title, Stuntfest, has been made available to purchase by the studio.

Entered into Early Access, Stuntfest is now available to all pre-order customers. The new build contains three characters with their own vehicles, a level editor with a wide variety of objects to create your own events and a selection of playable events designed by the studio.

"Bear in my mind that since it’s still early there are many planned features missing from the game and there’s a good chance that you will encounter a bug or two while playing. Nevertheless, most of the core features of the game, including the in-game editor with save and load functionality as well as Steam Workshop support for easy downloading and sharing of user creations, is already in-place, so we figured it would be great to let you check out the game already in its early state and give you a chance to give feedback. Enjoy the ride, and don’t forget to let us know what you think!"
Gamers who have pre ordered the title will receive an email key from the studio with details on how to download the game. If you have pre ordered but not yet received your key, contact support@bugbeargames.com with the details of your order.

Incremental updates to the title will be released on the build up to version one release, as the studio admit the initial playable version of the game currently lacks many of the features expected to be included in the fully finished version of the game. To reflect the Early Access status of Stuntfest, Bugbear are offering the game for $9.99 directly from their own website. Steam integration will be brought online at a later stage.

The Wreckfest sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for discussions and news regarding Wreckfest and Stuntfest. Check it out today!

Have you tried Stuntfest yet? What do you think of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Are they for real? They still haven't finished half of what they promised for Wreckfest even though they've had almost three years to do it and now they release another unfinished game that will surely be finished soon?

Lol, how stupid do they think we are?
Edit: I did contact their support, basically asking them that in nicer words. Let's see what comes of this. :O_o:

I'd steer clear of this (no pun intended). I also got suckered into wreckfest EA. Wreckfest looked promising and WAS fun, but it seemed to turn into a completely different game and the developers seem oblivious to community and thier game.

I give it to them that currently Wreckfest has been brought to an acceptable status. But it still is not completed, and many people took it grim how long BugBear let them wait after they bought into Early Access.

Either they are financially desperate, or they have nothing learned from the bad reputation they earned themseleves with their Early Access policy last time. The timing of theirs really is not well.

M D Gourley

Premium
I have Wreckfest from the early access and I am personally enjoying it as a side game from my normal Sims, especially now that Bugbear have the Steering and H-Pattern shifter working nicely....but not sure on 'Stuntfest' though, might wait till some you tube videos and reviews come out.

EDIT: just seen some You Tube videos of 'Stuntfest'...errr...not for me personally...it's like the Lawnmower with rag doll people in Wreckfest

Last edited:
I am sure my comment will open me up for some abuse (such is the friendly nature of the sim racing community), but as someone who has worked in online marketing and PR, I have to say it is really surprising how many game developers don't know how to do either. Putting aside obvious stories like Hello Games and No Man's Sky, and just sticking to the racing game niche, there's Ian Bell who doesn't know how to talk to his customers, Assetto Corsa devs who openly argue with people, rF2 which has been in development for what seems like forever, and BugBear who announce they've been working on a new game before even finishing the one they're already behind on. I am sure there are more examples. These are just off the top of my head.

My point being all these devs need a kick up the arse, they need to start treating the community with more respect. Avoiding pre-orders is one way we can discourage this kind of thing.

I can only see this as Let's Player bait honestly.

I like Wreckfest and I still have some faith in BB but I really wish they would just focus on that first and be more transparent with its development.
Maybe the PewDieBait approach is a way to make teh bux to get more funding for NCG: Wreckfest: Demolition: ReBorn.

My point being all these devs need a kick up the arse, they need to start treating the community with more respect. Avoiding pre-orders is one way we can discourage this kind of thing.
The sim racing studios are kinda small, so they don't have a PR/communications department. When you have physics guys and coders responding to customers on various websites and forums, it can easily go poorly.

The problem I have is that it's harder to respect them and to want to support them when they become unprofessional. Kunos and SMS have looked really bad this year. Reiza fared a little better, and ISI barely exists.

The only positive exchange I've had was with someone from Simbin, who was measured, honest and upfront.

The sim racing studios are kinda small, so they don't have a PR/communications department. When you have physics guys and coders responding to customers on various websites and forums, it can easily go poorly.

I agree, but you don't need a PR department to know the basics: don't argue with a customer, and communicate, communicate, communicate. Sadly most of the small devs think they can handle this side of things when clearly they can't.

Secondly, it isn't always the way they handle the PR, it's the actual decisions. Like, who thought it would be a good idea to announce a new game when the community has already been wondering when Wreckfest will be finished? It's a bad idea, period, designed to grab more money.

On the flip side, there is a lot of entitlement in the sim racing community, as appallingly and shamefully shown by the reaction to the recent AC announcement regarding free Porsche content. Still, I expect developers to be a bit more professional.

James Cook

Marcas fan
This is nuts!

I bought into Next Car Game at an early stage and have got my money's worth out of it, but to me it still hasn't progressed beyond a fairly bare-bones tech demo after all these years.

Would I buy another Bugbear early access game? Hell no!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 44 9.9%
  • €3001-5000