New BMW M6 GT3 RaceRoom Racing Experience Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience BMW M6 Preview 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released one final bit of Christmas cheer before breaking up for the festive holidays, revealing a few new teaser screenshots of the upcoming BMW M6 GT3 due to be added to the simulation during 2017.

Due to the licencing agreements in place with the ADAC GT Championship and individual arrangements with BMW, Sector3 have secured a deal to bring in the latest GT3 machine produced by the Bavarian manufacturer. The car is powered by a powered by a 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology motor producing an incredible 585 hp – with the whole car weighing less than 1,300 kilograms.

From the manufacturer themselves:

"In 2016, the BMW M6 GT3 will replace the BMW Z4 GT3, which has been in action since 2010. The new car is powered by a 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, which has been modified for use in motor racing. The power train has dry sump lubrication and generates up to 585 hp – with the whole car weighing less than 1,300 kilograms.

Further technical characteristics of the BMW M6 GT3 are the drive concept, six-speed sequential racing transmission, and high-performance motorsport electronics. The aerodynamic properties of the chassis have been optimised in the BMW wind tunnel. The engineers worked meticulously to fine-tune the BMW M6 Coupé, which formed the basis for the new car and was already perfectly suited to outings on the racetrack.

Priority was given to ensuring maximum driver safety. To offer the drivers of the BMW M6 GT3 as much protection as possible against the effects of an accident, BMW Motorsport itself developed and produced the FIA-approved safety cell in accordance with the very latest safety standards. The engineers also placed great importance on efficiency and ease of maintenance, as well as reliability, which is particularly crucial at the 24-hour classics. The development of the BMW M6 GT3 incorporated all the experience that BMW Motorsport gained with the car’s successful predecessor, the BMW Z4 GT3. For example, the new GT3 racing car boasts many improvements, particularly when it comes to driveability and economy. The positioning of the driver’s seat towards the centre of the car and the long wheelbase make driving the BMW M6 GT3 a unique experience in the world of motor racing. The net price for the car is 379,000 Euros."
Just in case you missed it above I'll quote something here "The net price for the car is 379,000 Euros." And you though vRP's were expensive :)

No news has been made available as to when players can expect to find the M6 in game, however with 2016 fast drawing to a close and the festive holiday in full swing, one should not be surprised if this attractive new GT machine from BMW makes its bow in RaceRoom early next year.

RaceRoom Racing Experience BMW M6 Preview 1.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience BMW M6 Preview 3.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience BMW M6 Preview 4.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation available exclusively for PC. Additional paid content is available for the game via the RaceRoom Store and can be purchased separately.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

Are you looking forward to the new generation of GT3 machines in RaceRoom Racing Experience? How are you finding the game after recent updates? Are you looking forward to what 2017 will bring for R3E? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Blimey

@Simberia
With the Bentley GT3 those are the two cars that are Grand Tourers... the rest are sports and super cars turned into racers...
well, GT1 and GT3 were based on sports and supercars, or Grand Tourers, something like the Aston Martin or Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW clearly took a different approach, the Z4 was special but still.

I'm just saying that the M6 looks like a regular BMW, its just bigger.

TheReaper GT

Learning stuff, eating cookies. :D
well, GT1 and GT3 were based on sports and supercars, or Grand Tourers, something like the Aston Martin or Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW clearly took a different approach, the Z4 was special but still.

I'm just saying that the M6 looks like a regular BMW, its just bigger.
I agree, it is an strange design, IMO. I like it because is a big car, though, same with the Bentley, big cars going toe to toe with the little super cars...

TheReaper GT

What a pig of a car , hope it's slow.
:)

More incentive for me to make it fast. :sneaky::p

They do an awesome job on those monsters.. This and the Bentley aren't the heaviest of the grid. Both running bellow the 1300kg mark (without added weight for BoP purposes). Just as comparison point, the SLS GT3 weights 1380KG, the McLaren 650S GT3 is about 1240KG but with 100bhp less...

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
They do an awesome job on those monsters.. This and the Bentley aren't the heaviest of the grid. Both running bellow the 1300kg mark (without added weight for BoP purposes). Just as comparison point, the SLS GT3 weights 1380KG, the McLaren 650S GT3 is about 1240KG but with 100bhp less...
It's definitely a niche GT3, and that's why I love it so much. My main issue with the Bentley is how stiff the suspension, even with a tailored setup. I've never driven an M6 so I'm really not sure what to expect. I'm wanting to make this my go to GT3 so hoping for good things. :)

TheReaper GT

It's definitely a niche GT3, and that's why I love it so much. My main issue with the Bentley is how stiff the suspension, even with a tailored setup. I've never driven an M6 so I'm really not sure what to expect. I'm wanting to make this my go to GT3 so hoping for good things. :)
To be perfectly honest with you, I'm talking about the real cars... Raceroom never works here and I gave up trying to communicate with their support team. I hope you have a ton of fun with the German beast... I know I will when Kunos release it for assetto corsa.

I saw this car drive by the always great Alex Zanardi in CIGT (Italian GT Championship) and it looks good for being a big coupe...
Can't wait to drive it in AC though cause even if i have R3E too and it's a great sim i hate with a passion its money grabbing nature and i bought just one single DLC for it (vintage DTM)...

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 65 15.9%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%