New Automobilista Turbo model

Yes, caught it yesterday, but didn't understand exactly what he said.
I now replayed it a couple of times and still not exactly sure what words he's uttering, lol...
Something like ''all we use (?)...B licence...and we're done with them (?)..and that's Audi choo-chooing along...''
:O_o:

Yeah, not sure where the good news is. "All they need is a group b license and they're done". Uhh...that's not exactly trivial and that just means they could potentially have an audi that has been modeled in every other sim. Not exactly mind blowing for me. Maybe i'm missing it.

He says "so all we need is a Group B license and we're done with a nice Audi choo-chooing along all the way", just stumbling on his words a bit.

And no, I don't think it was meant to mean that Group B is coming to Automobilista.

Still, both of his latest videos on the new turbo model are definitely great news for AMS.

The new turbo model should be a sign to the makers of the DRM mod. Most of the cars of this era had big turbos, so I think you could get a driving experience like in no other simulation. Time to rethink the decision to make this mod only for Assetto Corsa.
Now it's your turn DRM Modding Team.

Most of the cars of this era had big turbos, so I think you could get a driving experience like in no other simulation.

Nice try, but AC and rF2 already have proper turbo modelling. I'm happy to see AMS add the feature to their repertoire.

The DRM Modding Team initially stated they were fed up with their models being ripped, the rise of payware, and rFactor software in general, so withdrew from the modding scene until a game could protect their intellectual property. Ironically, they resurfaced 2 years later on the AC platform, which has the least copy protection of all the modern sims and are planning on a payware release.

My last expierences in AC and Rf2 are ending with the knowledge that the Force Feedback is still crap compared to AMS. Maybe it is only my opinion, but for having fun i need no closing doors and other bling bling, i only need to feel the grip without using a high end steering wheel and high end cpu and graphics. So im happy to have this turbo model soon in AMS, too.

Ran the F-Classic with default boost in the Beta last night at Spielberg.Works very well. In setup, ran the boost up to 4 from 1.2. Yikes! Off the track sideways in 6th gear by pushing a bit too hard on the throttle. That's a handful! Not sure how long the motor would last either. Good fun trying it out, though. Looks like you can map a couple og buttons to adjust the boost on track, but haven't tried that yet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%