New Automobilista Hockenheim Previews, Track Released to Beta Backers

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Hockenheim DLC Preview 2.jpg

Brazilian overachievers Reiza Studios have released preview images from the upcoming Hockenheim DLC for Automobilista as beta backers of the sim receive access to this interesting new addition.

The latest in the line of 'Legendary Tracks' DLC packs, Reiza's impending Hockenheim DLC will contain four versions of the former German Grand Prix venue. With the traditional and well known blast through the forest making a digital comeback for this pack, players will be able to recreate Grand Prix events of yesteryear using some of the incredible open wheel content to be found in the game. It is expected, although not yet confirmed, that the 2001 and 2016 version of the track will be available initially with 1972 and '88 to follow after the original release.

On the subject of high performance open wheel cars, the included preview screen shots also give players an early glimpse of the Reiza interpretation of a 2017 specification Formula One style car, due to be included in the simulation at a later date.

AMS Hockenheim DLC Preview.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios. Post release DLC can be purchased separately for an additional cost.

AMS Hockenheim DLC Preview 3.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Looking forward to the Hockenheim DLC? Do you enjoy AMS? Have you tried the track(s) in Beta yet, if so what are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The real thing will be their next title.
The real thing being what, the exact same sim with all the same sim qualities iterated in the same way its being in AMS but with all the high def prettiness the other new sims have released all at once years down the line so that we feel more excited by this massive dump of newness?

Honestly, what do you really expect to see different, aside from graphics? A huge amount of what ended up in AMS and is continuing to be put in it is basically the same work they'd do for the next title anyway.

Sometimes I think people get obsessed with this idea of the new and expecting it to revolutionize when in reality what makes sims better is iterative small steps forward, and in the process I get to use those iterative improvements every month in the sim communities I'm involved in instead of being starved for these things for the next few years waiting. This is how sims have typically worked and should work. Revolutions are marketing fluff.

Honestly, what do you really expect to see different, aside from graphics? .
You make it sound it's just a detail. .
It may be ok for you, but it is not for most people. So back up Reiza without playing the game makes perfect sense:
I like, believe in & support Reiza, but not to the point of playing the current outdated looking game.
I am sure many think the same. If not way more people would be playing AMS.

It may be ok for you, but it is not for most people. So back up Reiza without playing the game makes perfect sense:
I like, believe in & support Reiza, but not to the point of playing the current outdated looking game.
I am sure many think the same. If not way more people would be playing AMS.

And it's exactly why the next title is promised to be using a much-improved and modernized graphics engine. If that is your number one criteria, then yes, you can just wait for that. The rest of us will enjoy the great features and authenticity of AMS while we wait.

Last edited:
Its one detail in a whole list of details. There is no one detail about any game that I lament to the point I refuse to play it. Assetto Corsa was a game that lacked so many features but the most important thing is it was pretty and it was new. People played it waiting for the bedrock basic features to come out but oh boy... the prettiness....

Someone asking about AMS mentioned Project Cars, a sim that is... well lets just say details that are disappointing are quite numerous though.. well its pretty.

No sim is perfect, they all have limitations, even when they're all pretty and all current gen. In many ways current gen super pretty sims still lack some things that you can still get from the older less pretty sims... but I guess that doesn't matter. Pretty seems to trump ten times as much in terms of other feature limitations. Meanwhile get a full boat of great features but if it ain't pretty... oh well.

Its baffling logic to me. Drives me nuts everywhere in the sim world. So many thigns wrong with DCS World yet everyone was pissing and moaning for a while about when they were going to get animated wing tip vapor trails....

How soon can we expect the Beta phase to end and 1.4 pop out?

How's it usually been with Reiza/AMS releases? I'm new to this sim, so no idea what's the typical Beta phase length (if there even is one). But I thought they talked about April release. Or just for the Beta?

IF I could get my hands on these and they're good, I'm more than interested. Thanks all.

These were released by the EEC on their Facebook page. It's kind of hard to get to. The plus side is they feel AWESOME. The GT3s and the IMSA mod. The downside is they don't have skinpacks that are easy to find as far as I can tell. Back to good news, they have the Pirelli World Challenge skins here so you can have a decent field of real named AI drivers to race with.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%