New Automobilista Hockenheim Previews, Track Released to Beta Backers

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Hockenheim DLC Preview 2.jpg

Brazilian overachievers Reiza Studios have released preview images from the upcoming Hockenheim DLC for Automobilista as beta backers of the sim receive access to this interesting new addition.

The latest in the line of 'Legendary Tracks' DLC packs, Reiza's impending Hockenheim DLC will contain four versions of the former German Grand Prix venue. With the traditional and well known blast through the forest making a digital comeback for this pack, players will be able to recreate Grand Prix events of yesteryear using some of the incredible open wheel content to be found in the game. It is expected, although not yet confirmed, that the 2001 and 2016 version of the track will be available initially with 1972 and '88 to follow after the original release.

On the subject of high performance open wheel cars, the included preview screen shots also give players an early glimpse of the Reiza interpretation of a 2017 specification Formula One style car, due to be included in the simulation at a later date.

AMS Hockenheim DLC Preview.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios. Post release DLC can be purchased separately for an additional cost.

AMS Hockenheim DLC Preview 3.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Looking forward to the Hockenheim DLC? Do you enjoy AMS? Have you tried the track(s) in Beta yet, if so what are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking good, and the classic version is bound to look good as well as trees is something AMS handles oddly well.

Just going to mirror the replies encouraging grabbing AMS, it's a title any sim enthusiast should have in their library, even if it's just to race some of the titles more exotic combinations, but it's well worth it for combinations you'll find elsewhere like well... Hockenheim. ;)

That said I'm actually glad Reiza is getting to the point where it's almost time to jump over to their next title, really curious about Reiza 17/AMS 2.

I never imagined i would like the new Hockenheim, but it's a pretty good circuit and the version in AMS feels great (of course no real life experience to compare *g*)

The update also brings sound improvements that increase immersion a lot and AI behave more lively (still not great and hairpin carnage is a thing, but quite a bit better now).
Also the new cockpit movement should make some people really happy :)

Best advice is save your money for the future title
Why do so many say this? One sim to rule them all? I am an avowed AMS fan... perhaps even boy... but I own all the sims and keep them all installed and use them all too.

There's no reason not to get AMS. There's some really cool stuff in there that no other sim offers. It also offers a different take on FFB from many others, a superior one I think. Its worth dipping into even if one has an issue enjoying graphics that aren't high def modern.

Just wondering how this SIM stacks up against AC and PCars etc. I'd like to try it but... Can someone give it to me straight? :) Thanks
I own AC.
I don't own PCars anymore....just the Pagani Zonda 'stripped' down demo.
AMS has a more realistic tire and suspension compliance 'feel' than both.
It's not as pretty lighting-wise as AC...but it's a whole lot better than some of the newer sims on offer.
AMS actually looks very nice as you look out the windshield...if you have everything set right.
The track direction is very clearly defined and easy to follow...no guessing which direction the road turns.
AC is a close second of the three in terms of car feel.
I'm not fond of some of the new tires...not enough grip and way too early loss of traction (Audi R8LMS is a classic example).
The PCars Zonda add-on may not fully represent what was there in the final game, but I wouldn't put it in the class with the others.
It's okay for what it is.

Why do so many say this? One sim to rule them all? I am an avowed AMS fan... perhaps even boy... but I own all the sims and keep them all installed and use them all too.

There's no reason not to get AMS. There's some really cool stuff in there that no other sim offers. It also offers a different take on FFB from many others, a superior one I think. Its worth dipping into even if one has an issue enjoying graphics that aren't high def modern.
Because there is a chance that graphics are a turn off. In that case he won't play even if the simu is good. If he is short on money, this might have to be taken into account. If not, he is surely welcome to help Reiza.

Just wondering how this SIM stacks up against AC and PCars etc. I'd like to try it but... Can someone give it to me straight? :) Thanks

Its light years better than pcars then again everything is.
Id rate its physics,ffb,sounds and over all driving feel to be superior than AC, a lot more cars and tracks too.
AC is still a great sim but AMS is the best imo.

I have to ask whats wrong with the graphics? I had PCars and its pretty looking If thats all you want, but it take more that that for a good sim. Immersion is what its all about, and hands down Automobilista has it. Graphics are on par with RFactor 1 or 2, about the same as far as I'm concerned.
AI is the best in the book and its steadily improving. I used to race at 100% strength, and now I can't, the cars make more aggressive moves, almost as good as real drivers without any of the bonehead dive moves, that don't work in real life or in sims.
I'm a GPL user form ages ago and that had terrible graphics at first(much better now), but what made it great was immersion. Once you sat in the blood red Ferrari and ran that V12 up to the redline a few times you were hooked. Automobilista is the same way. The other thing is it works with no hiccups, no stuttering.
All it needs is SPA from 1967, and I wouldn't use anything else at all. I know I got rid of PCars awhile ago and don't regret it in the least.
And I almost never even knew about this sim, it does tend to keep a rather low profile.

Graphics for me are alright, I think a lot of the criticism comes from the default skins in the sim being on the plain side, that's easily fixed by grabbing some skins in the download section here at RD.
Honestly my biggest gripe is the lack of shadows in the cockpit. The ambient occlusion that was added was nice but does not quite hide how static the lighting is in the cockpit and it really detracts the overall immersion for me in a sim that is otherwise quite top notch.

Obviously there's room for improvements beyond cockpit shadows but that's what's at top of my list for Reiza 17/AMS 2. With shadows, I'm on board! :D

For me is AMS one of the best sim to play.. brings me back to the old GPL days.. Papyrus 1998
I have download today the F1 1975 mod, very nice... I hope Reiza can make more old tracks after Imola.. Kyalami.. Interlagos.. Austria.. a real old nurburgring is a must have a dream.. or zandvoort.. silverstone.. monza..

Thx reiza for all the good things!!!

I have to ask whats wrong with the graphics
Honestly not much.

I was initially shocked when I first booted the game up, because I didn't know you need to do additional tweaks from NVidia CP and Inspector. Looked terrible.

But now, when I have everything set up, game on Ultra, 16x AF and high quality AA. It looks amazingly good. I don't really know what is this complaining about the graphics. Only thing is the vehicles, which are low detail and don't reflect IMO enough, ending up looking a bit plastic.

But the tracks, sky and lighting look great. And actually the trees... look IMO better than ones in Assetto Corsa. AMS has really nice looking trees, and when you think of it, trackside scenery mostly consists of trees, so it's pretty important thing in how the overall game looks.

Spectators look terrible, but so do AC spectators. No real difference there. Only a problem with Triple Screen setups, really.. or if you are big on watching the replays. With single screen you don't see them from close distance.

Last edited:
But the tracks, sky and lighting look great. And actually the trees... look IMO better than ones in Assetto Corsa. AMS has really nice looking trees, and when you think of it, trackside scenery mostly consists of trees, so it's pretty important thing in how the overall game looks.

The trees in Automobilista are excellent, especially given the limitations of the software engine. My eyes accept them as natural rather than a passable imitation, which adds greatly to the immersion.

I've been checking out some gameplay videos of AMS and it looks very good. I've noticed a Huracan GT3 addon, 488GT3 etc. as well as full grids of late GT3 cars. Are these available now? If so, where would I get them? IF I could get my hands on these and they're good, I'm more than interested. Thanks all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%