1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured New Automobilista 'Brit Pack' DLC Previews

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

AMS Brit Pack DLC 6.jpg
    Reiza Studios have revealed several new images from the slightly delayed upcoming 'Brit Pack' DLC, the first paid DLC due to be released following Version One update of the new Automobilista Motorsports Simulator title by the talented Brazilian studio.

As with all content additions to the sim, the 'Brit Pack' DLC looks to contain some highly detailed new tracks and vehicles, already available to play in the Beta addition of the title and receiving rave reviews from players.

The 'Brit Pack' is the first of 5 DLC packages due to come to Automobilista, bringing in total 15 new pieces of content, from new cars and series to some of the most impressive circuits in both modern and historic configurations.

Additional to the new DLC offering, Automobilista will also receive an update to version 1.1, with more details regarding the updates and fixes to the game due to be released at a later date.

The 'Brit Pack' DLC will contain three classic British race circuits and four British club racing vehicles:

Tracks
    • Brands Hatch
    • Cadwell Park
    • Oulton Park
    Cars
    • Ultima GTR (road & race spec)
    • MCR Sports 2000
    • Caterham (several models)
    • Formula Trainer (semi-fictional wingless trainer car like Formula Ford)

The 'Brit Pack' DLC will be free to Reiza DLC Season Pass holders and Early Access Crowdfunding contributors. The pack can be purchased via Steam on Friday 30th September.

AMS Brit Pack DLC 3.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the best place to read the latest news, discuss the game with fellow fans, download awesome mods and of course have a great time in our many club and league racing events. Check it out today.

AMS Brit Pack DLC 1.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 4.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 5.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 7.jpg

Will you be getting the Brit Pack DLC on its release? How are you enjoying Automobilista at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 21
    • Love Love x 5
  2. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Catherhams will be amazing. That MCR Sports 2000 is the epitome of ugly though. Hope it's more fun to drive than it is to look at.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium Member

Really great!

4. Loved the Caterham in pCars, until I found out pCars is not a sim. So here I go again but this time better! :confused:

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Finally !!!

We will be able to compare two greatest sims out there. :thumbsup::inlove:
    What ?
    Which is the other one ?
    Well, Project Cars, of course. :cautious::whistling:

:laugh:

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Even if some doesn't consider it as a sim I still like the catherhams in pCars. :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

A big chunk of British club level racing in one DLC. What we have seen in the beta so far is great and I'm looking forward to trying the rest ASAP. Caterhams and Sports 2000 cars race really well IRL so hopefully they will be the same in game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Closed fender race cars of that sort are meant to be ugly. I'd be worried if it wasn't. XD

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

That's actually one of the better looking ones. I thought they might do the one below with faired over wheels that looks like a lawnmower. :)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. samcar304

samcar304
    Sam Carmichael Staff

Does anyone know what track that is? It does not seem like any in the Brit Pack but i guess it must be Cadwell? The wooden fences give off a historic vibe :O_o:
    [​IMG]

11. atiliosan

atiliosan
    Premium Member

Caterham preview by Niels

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Well.. He has some Caterham skills. Also Love this Bodnar.

13. Definitely Cadwell

14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Holy smokes they got the sound of that 620R bang on! *drools*

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

I swear this is some kind of 'league' DLC. Don't know if They made it on purpose, but every single piece of content in the DLC seems tailored so that people could organise small leagues around them.;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

Niels (Ken Block) Heusinkveld in Automobilista Gymkana with the Caterham ...awesometacular....lol....this should keep the Drift racers happy.

• Haha Haha x 2
  17. I totally missed that the mcr was going to be included. Cool. I see three transmissions on mcr website but can't tell if any are manual?

Also, is it possible any of caterhams will be manual?

18. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

I think most of the other cars in the Caterham range have regular 5 or 6 speed H-pattern gearboxes so there should be some.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hi - the MCR ugly? Maybe from certain angles the wheelbase is a little long, but to me it's beautiful!

My car together with another guy from the series provides the data for the model - haven't driven it yet (will do tonight), but the prospect of a Niels' modelled copy of my own racecar with my rig (bodnar, HE pedals, etc etc) I am extremely excited about. Is my first season of racing having made the jump from sim racing/ arrive & drive karting to a Class A Sports 2000 car.... it's quite a transition, but a whole lot of fun. 3 gearboxes have been used in the car's lifespan to date - initial the Elite box (less popular), then the excellent Hewland FTR, and now a Sadev box, not really offering much difference to the Hewland, but more due to supply constraints from Hewland I understand. They are 5 speed sequential; in the real car it's clutchless up, and use the clutch going down, thus right foot braking.

Picture of my car below :)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 26
    • Wow Wow x 6
    • Love Love x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Oh those "Formula Fords" Kunos.....take note AC needs a BRIT PACK!!! :cry:
    Can't wait to see some videos of those.....I might have to purchase just for the Brit pack