New Assetto Corsa Porsche Volume III DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC .jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has revealed several new preview images from the upcoming third Porsche DLC instalment for Assetto Corsa. The latest preview shows off models of the 917K, 911 GT3R and the 911 GT3 Cup machines.

Due to be released just before Christmas on the 20th December this year for PC gamers, Porsche Volume Three once again brings seven new vehicles as part of the third paid DLC package and an additional free Macan for players not wishing to purchase the DLC content.

Sadly console players of the game are still slightly behind schedule with the Porsche DLC packages, with only PS4 players having access to the Volume One release and Xbox One due to receive the update and DLC early next week. No details of when either volume two or three will be deployed to their respective console stores have yet to be announced.

Porsche Pack Volume Three Contents:
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Free Car Porsche Macan
Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC 5.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now. Porsche Pack Volume 3 for PC is due for release December 20th, with console deployment to follow.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC 3.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC 4.jpg

Are you looking forward to the third Porsche DLC instalment for Assetto Corsa? Which car are you most looking forward to? What Porsche would you like to see added that isn't included in the three packs? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Too many 911s IMO. Didn't need the 2015 racer for example. Could've/should've given the Carrera GT, 550 or first Carrera RS(that tail happy thing form Porsche Unleashed instead). Hell, I'd take a 356 instead.

I find that mystery track in the 908 pic more interesting. Seems a bit italian alps ish to me. There was a small mention of such a track before.

Kunoz seems to have gotten their act together. The fact that they can now turn out this amount of high quality content so quickly is impressive even compared to big studios like Turn 10 whose cars are surely(IMO) less complex..

Too many 911s IMO. Didn't need the 2015 racer for example. Could've/should've given the Carrera GT, 550 or first Carrera RS(that tail happy thing form Porsche Unleashed instead). Hell, they should've given a 356 instead.
The 2015 model is actually the current GT3 spec model, and the only GT3 spec Porsche in the three packs...To be fair, all race Porsches have major roles in motorsport, both in development with the base clubsport and GT3 Cup cars and professional racing with the GT and prototypes... I wouldn't trade any of the race cars for any other car. I would, though, shave half of the modern 718 chassi based cars in favor of those you've listed... no doubt..

Guys we could go on forever about what isnt included, wouldnt it be better to focus on what is because the fact is your opinion isnt going to change anything when these cars are likely already modelled and expected to come out in around three weeks.

Really happy with the quality of these packs so far and they have certainly got me driving AC again on a regular basis. Favourites from the first two packs are the RSR and the 962. It's hard to beat some Group C action with all the great skins people have been putting up.

Looking forward to the 917, 919 and the new GT3 car from this pack.

...and your point is??? You should be promoted to a moderator.
no need to be a chungus

@Bram i guess i have no choice but to be a moderator now
Guys we could go on forever about what isnt included, wouldnt it be better to focus on what is because the fact is your opinion isnt going to change anything when these cars are likely already modelled and expected to come out in around three weeks.

Its a simple suggestion, its not like im going HEY TRIPPRIDER, YOUR OPINION IS INVALID, GO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT. The art of the suggestion is that you have the ability to ignore it if you wish.

I don't think Kunos stepped up their speed in producing content, I think that they have just started working on the Porsche Packs waaaay earlier than May.
Also I don't think we won't see any more Porsche after PP3 (at least I hope that :D). Hopefully we will see a poll with all "missing" Porsche, so we can decide what else is to come. A lot of hopes but also a lot of fun with current choice in the Packs, much love to Kunos.

That helmet is way too big for that cockpit.

That is indeed the case for quite a few of the KS car/driver combinations.
The 'tweaked' driver wrist angle is another... along with some driver hands being way too large in scale.
I hope they re-visit those some day and make some corrections.
While not a big deal, it does take a little bit away.
The Porsche cars have been a mixed bag for me.
Some drive well...other lack the power-oversteer inherent to just about every Porsche car I've ever driven.
They also do not have the 'trounce the throttle' break traction characteristic most Porsche display.
Maybe that's a limitation of software.
Either way, I'll enjoy these car when they arrive and say thanks.

That is indeed the case for quite a few of the KS car/driver combinations.
The 'tweaked' driver wrist angle is another... along with some driver hands being way too large in scale.
I hope they re-visit those some day and make some corrections.
While not a big deal, it does take a little bit away.
The Porsche cars have been a mixed bag for me.
Some drive well...other lack the power-oversteer inherent to just about every Porsche car I've ever driven.
They also do not have the 'trounce the throttle' break traction characteristic most Porsche display.
Maybe that's a limitation of software.
Either way, I'll enjoy these car when they arrive and say thanks.
I really think that something is messed up on the modern porsche in the game. To me feels like traction control is aways on...

I really think that something is messed up on the modern porsche in the game. To me feels like traction control is aways on...
Could be from the configuration of the car, with the engine being near the rear wheels provides more traction. Then these cars also have electronic differentials that kicks in when needed and can't be disabled.
And if we're talking about the best performance road cars from Porsche like the 911 GT3 RS, is very good on the downforce and on power drifts. Example: link1, link2.

Could be from the configuration of the car, with the engine being near the rear wheels provides more traction. Then these cars also have electronic differentials that kicks in when needed and can't be disabled.
And if we're talking about the best performance road cars from Porsche like the 911 GT3 RS, is very good on the downforce and on power drifts. Example: link1, link2.
I'm talking about the cars in Assetto Corsa, not in real life... The GT3 RS I can manage to break traction very easily, the Carrera 2S is the one I can't put sideways for the life of me... Something really strange there...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%