• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

New and Saying Hi!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by doghouse, Apr 6, 2017.

1. doghouse

doghouse
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Hello!

Just signed up here as I'm just getting back into racing sims. Been a good five years since I've been invested in such (last couple of games were Live for Speed and Shift2:unleashed).

And there's nothing better than racing against fellow humans. Hence why I hunted down a good community and this seemed a good place.

I'll probably go premium for a month and check it out, so that I can get involved, and hopefully have a lot of fun.

I'm a bit rusty, so I hope you don't mind and old git knocking about RD! *grins* Plus, I've only just bought AC, so still learning the ropes of the game.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,828
    Hi and welcome to Race Department, if you're a bit rusty then there's no better place to go than the rookie races here and here.
    That'll refresh your memories and allow you to meet fellow racers in a friendly environment. Get on Teamspeak and join the fun.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. doghouse

doghouse
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Thanks, Kenny.

I'll defo check those out as I'm sure they'd be a grin. And after scooting around the site, it certainly seems a cool place.

Guess I'll have to dust down TS...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,555
    Welcome to RD, buddy! I put money on you getting a year of premium membership after your first month "trial". ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. doghouse

doghouse
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Hah-hah.

A month trial is now on. Especially after watching the Twitch live stream. Was great.

I'll let you know, Ross, if it extends to a year...

• Like Like x 1