1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and in need of help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KL33, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Hey guys, just got into the whole F1 games on PS3 thing but could really do with some help... 2013 is the newest I have and I really struggle with it... I have everything set to easy apart from having the breaks off, I prefer to manage them, but still really struggle! I have traction control set to full but the back wheels light up after every corner near enough! I did the young driver school and got all golds on day 1 and golds and silvers on day 2!!! It's so frustrating but I'm kinda addicted... Any help would be gratefully received... Cheers guys!
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

• Love Love x 1
  3. Thank you, I'll do that
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I don't know how I can help really, because it all down to practice and getting to know the track.

Initially I would recommend using TT (Time Trial) mode to get to know a track (before you actually race there). Just bare in mind that in TT mode the car is perfect and the tyres never wear.

I'm stuck because I don't use a controller to drive, neither do I have a console. I do know that when I tried an XBox controller on PC in one of the earlier games, I hated it, it's just not natural, and I was all fingers and thumbs.

Throttle control is very important, hence your wheel spins, but you need a touch like a midwife with the tiny range of operation of an XBox or PS3 controller's throttle switch, even if it's analogue. If it's digital on/off then that even worse. Personally I would have two hopes, Bob Hope or No Hope .....

Never use auto-brakes (I know you're not), and switch on the racing line display, so that you can judge your braking and turn in speed.

Accelerating out of a corner, easy on the throttle, especially for the first 3 gears, and short-shift (change the gear up to the next one early) if your getting wheel spin.

That's about it really.

Post in the F1 2013 forum, if you want more specific info about playing on a console. Though it's probably a bit quiet in there now, as we've had 2 games released since F1 2013, and F1 2016 is only a few months away .

Good luck :)
    • Love Love x 2
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hello fella and welcome to RD :D

Sadly I too know nothing of the F1 series but just wanted to say hello to you :p

Enjoy it at RD and I hope you manage to get it all figured out :D

• Love Love x 2
  6. Thank you so much for your help. I'll slowly get there I'm sure, practise makes perfect and all that. I had the 2012 version on my PC and used a wheel but found that it was way too sensitive, either that or I was just way too heavy handed! As I said I'll plod along, thanks again for your help mate.
    • Love Love x 2
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

If you still have your wheel, and it compatible with your console, give it a try again. Usually there's a way, via some in-game settings (or external ones if it's a Logitech for example), that can be tweaked to reduce that sensitivity.

Usually ......... ;) :)