1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New AMD driver for pcars

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Msportdan, May 18, 2015.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Project CARS – New AMD Driver Coming Tomorrow

AMD has announced to release a new version of their Catalyst graphics card driver that will address performance issues with Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS title.

While nVidia users have been able to enjoy Project CARS from the start, AMD owners suffered from lower graphics performance due to driver-related issues. These problems are expected to be fixed by the new driver release that is scheduled for tomorrow.

Source

• Like Like x 8
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

AMD has announced to release a new version of their Catalyst graphics card driver that will address performance issues with Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS title.

While nVidia users have been able to enjoy Project CARS from the start, AMD owners suffered from lower graphics performance due to driver-related issues. These problems are expected to be fixed by the new driver release that is scheduled for tomorrow.

3. Great to hear.

4. anyone heard anything more on this?

5. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

6. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium Member

I had no idea I was having problems with my R9-270... Unexpected bonus! I may have had the updated driver last night when I raced, but couldn't tell any difference. Ran great.

7. I don't see any new ones....april was the last beta update.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  8. Adam Gough

Adam Gough
    Premium Member

i dont see any updates

9. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

What number was the last driver update?

10. Omega (14.12) 12/9/2014

15.4 Beta 4/13/2015

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lars Johansson

Lars Johansson
    Premium Member

Ryan Soucy,[/QUOTE]I had no idea I was having problems with my R9-270

So my R9-280 will run great then? because Í´m thinking of buying it:unsure:

12. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Cheers mate.

13. eSEA One

eSEA One
    eSEA One

I have a AMD R9 280 3G 933 MHz and I have not seen any issues so far! So any inprovement will certainly be a bonus

14. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

I had no idea I was having problems with my R9-270

So my R9-280 will run great then? because Í´m thinking of buying it:unsure:[/QUOTE]
    It runs fine, just not maxed out ;-). With Windows 10 coming soon AMD cards are the best choice right now as they are rated as tier 3 bij Microsoft.

15. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium Member

So, has anyone noticed a massive improvement? Haven’t installed the new driver, yet.

I run Pcars with a Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB since it came out and so far it worked quite good. I use medium/high settings with some gimmicks like high detail grass turned off etc and I have just minor stutters at some parts, not so much that I cannot enjoy it.

I wonder if the improvements will be this huge.

16. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

The driver isn't official yet, it is a leaked beta, so I would hold off for now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Adam Gough

Adam Gough
    Premium Member

yes just checked AMD website and still no official update

18. Just tried it and no difference that I can see. (Sapphire R9 290 4gb)