Network question

In the network settings, does it matter what that is set at If you're not hosting. I've never touched it but just checked and it has download and upload at 256kb. I have a 150mb download and 12mb upload on my internet so should I adjust the games network settings accordingly. I don't suffer with lag so... cheers

In the network settings, does it matter what that is set at If you're not hosting. I've never touched it but just checked and it has download and upload at 256kb. I have a 150mb download and 12mb upload on my internet so should I adjust the games network settings accordingly. I don't suffer with lag so... cheers

256kb is spot on. :)

Depending on grid size the network consumption of 1 client will be 62kbs - 190kbs. Client upload speed will be a bit lower then download speed. So if you set the network setting higher it doesn't change a thing.

Lag issues (on the client side) are mostly due to bad ping. You can have a 12mb upload speed and still have bad ping.
If you have your game PC wired to your router, you'll have the best results. Wifi ping can vary a lot, and power line adaptors can have some interference as well.

You can check your ping and internet speed at: (click here) check your connection to a few dots in the Netherlands. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back